PDA

View Full Version : Assault Crush: The hell...?

PJ
Feb 7, 2007, 07:51 AM
Alright, last night I did 2 things on my highest level character. I levelled him up once so he could equip his Ga-Misaki Claw (At level 35, Fortefighter 1, he was ONE ATP off of equipping it), and finally got my pitifully useless Assault Crush to level 21.

And it still sucks.

Is there any situation where you'd want to take this over the easily superior Rising Crush? It seems to only be there to serve as a, "Hey, you wanna get all PAs to 30? Try this! This'll end your endeavor rather quickly by being useless and hard to level!"

So, I'm gonna go for Splendor Crush on Silver (As well as the ultimate Claw/Double Claw PAs, once I get the PA Frags...), cause that has the awesome kicking at the end (Although still looks less useful than Rising Crush. Better than freakin Assault Crush though)

Tiyr
Feb 7, 2007, 08:58 AM
I'll agree, rising crush is generally more useful.

However, after playing around for a while, assault crush does have one thing that makes it specifically very useful--that dash forward. Any of the annoying enemies that jump back or just quickly walk back (Golmoros, the Cast rangers in Endrum, etc) are extremely easy to intercept. The third part can also hit three enemies three times each--use a pair of dark twins on a pack of Golmoros and it'll tear through them.

I still think the cost should be reduced, and I don't think it's nearly as useful for control, what with the knockdown being at the end, but it's very useful for annoying evasive enemies, imo.

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
I do fine with Assault crush, it's only at level 13 and I find uses for it.

My only problem with it is the PP cost, although it balances out because I have 5 other sets of weapons in my palette.

Neith
Feb 7, 2007, 09:36 AM
I think Assault Crush does more damage, and advances forwards a lot- very useful for fast enemies (like the Rogues in S-Rank Train).

I will agree though, I find Rising Crush generally more useful.

Reiichi
Feb 7, 2007, 12:23 PM
Rising is for flipping monsters or flinching.

Assault is more for damage. It is tricky to have all hits of rising crush connect as the majority of the time the monster is airborn. A full combo of rising crush will also send a few monsters heading to the walls which typically isn't a good thing. For knockup support rising crush is without equal.

Assault crush is single target for the first two parts but does good damage. It's also a pretty expensive skill PP wise, and comes out fast. I don't think I burn through any weapon's PP faster than twin sabers with assault crush. The third part of assault crush you can pretty much launch in any direction. Deals 4 hits x 2 monsters, although if you use it through a mob you'll most likely end up doing 2 hits x 4 creatures. Most I've flipped over at once was 4 monsters. The flip leaves them in their place and on their backs so that people can continue nuking them or so you can start up your assault crush combo again. Assault crush is so fast that if you spam the 21+ part one after another you will likely knockup too early before the monster is fully on their feet again. I typically use assault crush in a 1-2-3, 1-2, 1-2-3, etc. fashion unless I see other monsters that I want to flip over.

If you only had to pick one twin saber skill, then rising crush would be the way to go. Assault crush is more of a fun skill for me.

Sydney
Feb 7, 2007, 01:08 PM
I use assualt crush with my twin crea's, so the flip-up part of the combo is more usefull as it it hits 3 enemies and not 2. I enjoy using about the same as rising crush, but with crea sabers, I like the extra damage it adds.

One thing for sure,is that it is faster. You can end the combo quickly and move to better position. That comes in handy when enemies launch multiple megid at you. You want to stay as mobile as possible.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 7, 2007, 02:23 PM
The fact that it's only useful at level 21 and is "meh" before it makes it an undesirable skill to me. The knockback effect doesn't really help either. It's pretty much an expensive version of Bogga Zubba with knockback instead of knock up - somewhat party unfriendly to me IMO. This would probably be the last of the skills I'd level because of that problem. That final hit is duplicated by another PA, and that PA does it better because it's instantly usable the moment you get it. To me this is pretty more clear-cut than say, Dus Robado and Spinning Break, both of which are AoEs but "feel" different enough to be used in different manners.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
well, I kinda think Assault Crush is awesome simply for aesthetics, it just looks so awesome. That said, when I get this to level 30, I'll probably have 2 twin sabers, one w/ rising crush and another w/ assualt crush since they both have their place. I also find assault crush to work really well on hentai worms.

RadiantLegend
Feb 7, 2007, 03:03 PM
Having both assault crush and rising crush at lv 30. I use assault 100% of the time. More damage and better control with great speed.

Shaidar
Feb 7, 2007, 03:39 PM
Gotta agree with Ragol there. I only use Rising for pure mob control now. Sometimes I just want to keep the mobs in the air, and Rising is better at that than Assault. The damage with Assault makes up for its somewhat stiff animation if you ask me. However, seeing as it eats alot of PP I'd say they're both pretty even in the end. For a new player Rising Crush is the way to go though. Assault takes way too long time to level and takes quite alot of time and effort before it starts showing off its qualities.

PJ
Feb 7, 2007, 03:44 PM
Part of my problem is it's PP cost... I understand that it's strong, but for the first 2 hits only hitting 1 monster, it really was aggravating to level, and yes, drained my twin saber PP. I would generally carry a whole palette of Twin Sabers just to spam it up for exp, and not only would it be slow to level, but before even the first block is done, there goes all my PP. Keeping in mind this isn't soloing and it's like, C or B Rank missions (Although they were the first Yohmei Twin Sabers, the ones that cost 350).

Now that one piece was what I was missing: hitting 3 enemies with the final hit? I didn't test it out very long, just hit single enemies with it. So I guess I'm a little bit happier with it, but it's not as flashy as Rising Crush is. I'd still wanna try out Splendor Crush though.

Holo
Feb 7, 2007, 04:28 PM
As a wartecher I use assault crush in combintation with my lightning sabers in bruces dungeoun against the bil de vears seeing as how if you use a knockback pa it makes them spin, also seeing as how its strong and hits one enemy, its perfect for donwing the bil de ver.

Sykoslocos
Feb 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
i dont know if off and online are the same, but im offline and rising crush lvl 30 is 166% damage and assault crush lvl 1 is 162%

It very quickly catches up (by level 3 i think) and on top of that its a muchfaster move which makes going for s-ranks much easier as said above the third part just maks it rain enemies (particulary in the temple with the small paths)

though i must stress i have no idea if this is the same in online

Assault crush FTW!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Natrokos
Feb 8, 2007, 01:09 PM
Assault crush costs more, doesn't cause knockdown, completely useless for WT imo, single enemy, you can't stagger which I love to do, and doesnt look as cool to boot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's still personal preference though and if you like it more then use it^^ It's not nec. worse I just don't find it as useful.....
Whts the ACC on it?

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
online rising crush: 180%
online assault crush: 185%
just so you know.

Hustler_One
Feb 8, 2007, 03:26 PM
I personally like Assault Crush better. I use my level 16 AC more than my level 30 Rising Crush, simply because its faster, and does wicked damage. Rising Crush is good yes, but somewhat less so because you dont tend to get every hit out of it due to knocking the creatures up out of range, or them simply backing out of it. Rising is better at multi creature hits, and obviously has the benefit of crowd control with it, Assault Crush is faster, and has more potency on a single target, with the last hit capable of hitting multiple creatures. And yes, it sucks horribly to level up. =/

ycavan
Feb 8, 2007, 03:55 PM
I leveled AC up on pohlvaras and the stratera in relics runs. pretty quickly dispatches 'em.

Sykoslocos
Feb 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
On 2007-02-08 12:01, Shiroryuu wrote:
online rising crush: 180%
online assault crush: 185%
just so you know.

thanx shiroryuu

offline rising crush: 166%
offline assault crush: 199%

Still i love the way it rains enemies with the AC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (or did that change online aswell?? lol)

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 9, 2007, 04:16 PM
nope, that doesn't change, Assault crush still causes the same rain of enemies in that last hit, and just last night, I also maxed it out to level 30. it works really awesome on big, multi-target enemies like SEED-vances, Kamatozes, and such in that last hit which hits not 3, but 4 times.

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-02-08 10:09, Natrokos wrote:
Assault crush costs more, doesn't cause knockdown, completely useless for WT imo, single enemy, you can't stagger which I love to do, and doesnt look as cool to boot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's still personal preference though and if you like it more then use it^^ It's not nec. worse I just don't find it as useful.....
Whts the ACC on it?

I suppose it WOULD be much less useful from a WT perspective http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 10, 2007, 09:01 AM
yeah, Assault Crush should only be used by Fighgunners and Fortefighters cuz Wartechers can't learn that all 3rd hit which is what makes this PA worth that money you spent on it.

DikkyRay
Feb 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
Assault does unbelievable amounts of damage, and the final combo hits like 5 times.

Urtri
Feb 17, 2007, 03:56 AM
I personnally love Aussult Crush. Combine it with a correct element Crea twin saber and i can garentee you WILL love it.

Try this Alseva Cresa with 30-40 element (correct for what you are figthing) plus either a Mob of 1 target Creatures (i.e Vanda's) or multi target creature (i.e. polyvanhras aka the big brown dogs).