PDA

View Full Version : S rank guides for Online story chapters

CaptainBitter
Feb 7, 2007, 02:25 PM
I've been doing a few story missions, but I can't seem to get an S on the second part of ANY of them. (I really want some more PA frags)

Would somebody please posts tips or a guide for them? Thanks.

Dhylec
Feb 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
As far as I know, you don't get PA fragments fom S rank Ep2 chapters. You get them as rewards for getting S rank in S missions.

Itsuki
Feb 7, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-02-07 11:34, Dhylec wrote:
As far as I know, you don't get PA fragments fom S rank Ep2 chapters. You get them as rewards for getting S rank in S missions.

The first time you S-rank them at level 60+ (or A-rank), you get 10 frags.

As for tips for the original poster, I can't help you.

RadiantLegend
Feb 7, 2007, 03:05 PM
I can help with some of them except chapter 2 act 2. I always get a C no matter how hard i try.

JAFO22000
Feb 7, 2007, 03:52 PM
Hint: When you beat the level and are getting your score, look at the requisites (the items you are getting points for). There can be a time requisite and a creature kill requisite. If there is only a time requisite, look for places in that level where you can run through and not waste time killing the creatures.

For your example (ch2 act2), I believe you have to kill the first spawn of Endrum Casts until the laser gate opens. You can then run through the cave beyond this gate w/o killing anything...just run by all the spawns quickly. Then fight the creatures at the end and the S rank is yours!

In this example, you don't have to kill every creature. You should note at the end of this level when looking at your score, there is just a requisite for the time spent, NOT for creatures defeated.

EDIT!! Bad grammar....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-02-07 12:54 ]</font>

CaptainBitter
Feb 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
JAFo, you win. Thanks for the advice. Btw, I just tried the new mission, and I'm stuck. Am I supposed to destroy the rubble or something? i can't figure it out.

JAFO22000
Feb 7, 2007, 05:49 PM
For the second part of the mission, yes, you must rescue 6 survivors from the rubble. There will be an audible alert which increses in frequency as you get closer to each survivor. You must use your goggles to find them in the rubble, a blue "bubble" denotes a survivor in the rubble and a red one denotes a bomb. Once you've identified the "bubble" with the goggles, you must use a melee weapon to break open the rubble. Luckily a 1* saber will ALWAYS be in the very first container in the level in case you do not have a melee weapon in your inventory.

To start you out, when you enter the first room you will see rubble on the left side and a box on the right side. Break open the box (w/ the saber inside) and three Jishagaras will spawn. Kill these, then use your goggles on the rubble you saw as you first entered the room (you should notice the change in the alert that is sounding). One of these piles of rubble will have a blue "bubble" which appears when you equip your goggles. Target this "bubble" while in your goggle view mode, then switch back to your regular view. You should now see the "bubble" in your regular view. Melee the rubble three times and voila!

You'll have to repeat this over again. I recommend going through the level once to familiarize yourself with the spawns and the rubble locations. Then, map out a plan of action. It shouldn't take you too long to S rank it! Good luck!

P.S. The timer still counts down during the cutscenes which follow each survivors rescue. I would recommend getting through these as quickly as possible.

P.P.S. Watch the cutscenes before the mission and read the instructions. Also listen to what the NPC's say throughout the mission. They will give you clues.