PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Psycho Lolibots?

Shinzakura
Feb 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
I've heard this well more than enough times to dismiss this as rumor, but I'd like a little truth here: when you turn your PM into the final lolibot stage, do they go completely batshit insane on the battlefield?

One person tells me his 410 giggles like a crack addict while using swords on the enemy while another says his 450 screams stuff like "GET OUTTA HERE!" on a regular basis while blowing things away.

Now, far be it from me to blame ST and Sega for creating some ersatz "Gunslinger Girl meets Rosen Maiden" nightmare, but I'd really like to know if it's true or not.

Kaydin
Feb 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
My friend has a GH-450. It yells things like "Burn!" and "Suffer!". That's why the 450 is known as the Psycho PM. GH-410s do seem to giggle alot.

The other's arn't crazy though. My GH-420 is very polite. Instead of yelling "Scatter!" she asks everyone to please not bunch up. No psychotic claw-murder sayings either. Another friend of mine has a GH-430, it talks about how cute it is. I've never seen a GH-440 in action, so I can't tell you much about them.

zanotam
Feb 8, 2007, 11:43 PM
410, is...wierd
420 is kinda crazy kinda roboty
430 is super duper cutey loli bot
440 is (i'll have to ask my bro)
450 is crazy goth/emo loli

Sekani
Feb 8, 2007, 11:57 PM
The 410 and 450 are nuts.

The Japanese PMs from what I understand are even more insane.

omegapirate2k
Feb 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'm just waiting for one of the new loli bots (when they're released) to say "From behind!!!"

Caliban_King
Feb 9, 2007, 10:27 AM
They all bug the crap outta me, look pretty weak, and until they let us shut them up my PM will probably stay in the 20's.

What's a loli?

CrabRangoon
Feb 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
I am waiting on the rest of the PM's to be released before I decide to further any of my alts' PMs. I've got a 410 (isn't pure though) on my main, and I'm not convinced that it's absolutely worth making a PM of each pure type for synthing more than it's worth having one that goes ape on the battle field and really makes itself useful. Once I know more about the future PM's, and they finally come out, it'll make the decision a lot easier. I definitely wouldn't call a PM insane based upon what it says. In fact, at low battle levels, many assumed my 410 was mentally retarded, as it would just stand back or stand there and take damage, rather than attack anything (though I was meleeing, putting it up into the action, as it tails me pretty close). Now that it's BL is ~30, it's a lot more active and worthwhile.

ShinMaruku
Feb 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-02-09 07:27, Caliban_King wrote:
They all bug the crap outta me, look pretty weak, and until they let us shut them up my PM will probably stay in the 20's.

What's a loli?

loli means before puberty girls since the'se bots have racks they are not loli they just love misusing terms also loli means old guy with little girl so they should watch what they say. It's like going to Japanese cops and saying "Shine aho yarou!"

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
My 410 remindes me of Santa with all that Ho ho stuff she says..

foamcup
Feb 9, 2007, 11:25 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:23, MayLee wrote:

I coulda swore she was a rapper!

Yes! I just went there! >_>

MayLee
Feb 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:25, foamcup wrote:

No you didn't! GTFO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I want my 450..She's so cute and aggresive..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ayrista
Feb 9, 2007, 11:36 AM
I thought originaly loli was derived from "lolita" which is a seductive type young girl.

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:23, ShinMaruku wrote:

On 2007-02-09 07:27, Caliban_King wrote:

What's a loli?

since the'se bots have racks they are not loli they just love misusing terms

This is true, perhaps we should agree on a new name for them?

foamcup
Feb 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:31, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-02-09 08:25, foamcup wrote:

No you didn't! GTFO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I want my 450..She's so cute and aggresive..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yes, 450 is great! Mine won't be seeing much action anymore, though. The PC/PS2 servers are dead, and are now slowly rotting away.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 9, 2007, 11:45 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:36, ayrista wrote:
I thought originaly loli was derived from "lolita" which is a seductive type young girl.

You are correct. But it seems that they just are exchanging "kyoot" to "loli" -_-

Something that supposedly automatically determines that the subject is petite and adorable or something like that. At least it hasn't spread to describing tiny rabbits >.> "Oh look at that loli bunny" God I hope not.

Lolita was a nickname for a character in a book of the same name. But her name was really Dolores. And the actual nick of Lolita was sparengly used and replaced with "nymphet" (dont get me started on that one). The book in itself details how a grown man falls into the pits of pedophilia and ultimately his destruction.

So I find it a bit unnerving having my Partner Machinery referred to as a "Loli", "lolita" of anything of that matter. There is a reason we have other adjectives to describe objects or to even personify them.

I'd rather not use "loli" myself, I don't believe its warranted in this case. Though Im sure there wil be many quick to point out its a fad in jpn. And that is what it is, a fad. Most other countries adopt and adapt certain fashion/trends from others to make their own. I believe this to be the case for Jpn. Heck, some Jpn actually believe its Christmas tradition to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken >.>;;

SuperRygar
Feb 9, 2007, 12:11 PM
heh, sittin around the dinner table with family at xmas eatin KFC >.<

i find that almost ALL the terms i see for things are stupid. whats wrong with calling it a PM?

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-02-09 09:11, SuperRygar wrote:
heh, sittin around the dinner table with family at xmas eatin KFC >.<

i find that almost ALL the terms i see for things are stupid. whats wrong with calling it a PM?

Because the plural form of PM is PMS.

Caliban_King
Feb 9, 2007, 12:22 PM

Same here. Damn kids>_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Caliban_King on 2007-02-09 09:23 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 9, 2007, 12:25 PM
XD let's call them "Mags"

Scejntjynahl
Feb 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hence we can give it names. And we can refer to their model number as well. My 450's name is etc etc.

Yukichi
Feb 9, 2007, 12:27 PM
"Let's kill them!"

When that came out of my 450 I went: O____O;;
and then decided I had better start sleeping with my eyes open incase I offend my PM one day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-02-09 09:27 ]</font>

Caliban_King
Feb 9, 2007, 12:29 PM
I think my PM's name is Floyd. He makes a mean hotdog and sells my photons, but thats about it.

Axel3792
Feb 9, 2007, 12:42 PM
We could just call our PMs by their model numbers, and drop the others:
"My PM"
"My lolibot"
"My 450"

Sounds good to me.

SuperRygar
Feb 9, 2007, 12:44 PM
im up for calling it a MAG http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hell, i call this game PSO all the time when i talk about it to my friend who used to play PSO with me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and yeah, the PM's already have their own unique names. lets use those...but maybe that concept goes over most kids heads :/ "my lil' buddy wowibot is so cute, yes he isss"....barf

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-09 09:46 ]</font>

Pentence
Feb 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
PMs are the best i swear but i still want my lil shinobi bot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Alkaar
Feb 9, 2007, 02:12 PM
I'm still working on a 440, and I can not wait to see what she say's during combat. The anticipation is killin' me. Can someone shed some light on what the 440's personality is like in battle?

Akaimizu
Feb 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
The 440 doesn't seem to be an extreme personality, in terms of being super nice or super aggressive; however, it's the only one that talks with a more street-style lingo. She doesn't go overboard with it, but she does speak with a little urban jive to it, at times.

I would say, she's the closest to the Sugar Bear of the bunch. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Golto
Feb 9, 2007, 02:19 PM
I like some of the 440's sayings. Sometimes when a monster is killed it says "Playin' Dirty". Sometimes when it is burnt it says "Hot Tamale coming through". Not sure if getting to a certain lvl of b stat makes them say different things.

ShinMaruku
Feb 9, 2007, 02:35 PM
As long as they don't say "And suddenly I cannot hold back my swordhand's anger" I'm fune.

Alkaar
Feb 9, 2007, 02:36 PM
Nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif With that type of lingo, I'm sure I'll enjoy the 440's overall personality. Thanks for your input Akaimizu and Golto.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 9, 2007, 02:39 PM
When the upgrade kits do arrive, will that change the already existing personality of the Partner Machinery you own?

Vhex
Feb 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
Each have personalities:

410- Battle Maid - Excited about fighting, ADHD
Ex. "Oh! They look weak !", "Oh-ho ho !"

420- Drama Queen - Sophistcated, dramatic
Ex. "Alas ! My status has been downgraded !", "They may be aesthetically pleasing, however we must destroy them."

430- School Girl - cutsie, innocent(or is she? -.o)
Ex. "They are cute, but not as cute as me!" "Hehe!"

440- Freelance Marksman - ghetto, laid-back
Ex. "Playin' Dirty!" <---- LMAO (Only important quote IMO)

450- Quirky Witch - Serious, talks like a crazy RPer
Ex. "Suffer!", "Burn!", "With our combined efforts, they will be no match!"

Supposedly theres a 460 who is like a 'Summer Surfer' and is flirty and says "So Hot." "These dudes are so lame!" But its information from hackers, so who knows what its really like or exists. I think theres pics of it on PSUpedia though.

Errorrrr
Feb 9, 2007, 03:01 PM
... i think you guys have the wrong definition of loli...

loli is short of lolita. the character in nabokov's who the main character is infatuated with a prepubescent girl.

later, the japanese adopted the term do describe all girls with the physiques of prepubescent girl, i.e. small breast, short, cute, girl-like (not womanly).

someone who likes loli are called lolicon, which is short for lolita-complex. it's quite rampant among japanese anime lovers as well as anime lovers all over the world. Usually lolicon won't get you in trouble, if you ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING to loli, yes that'll get you in big trouble. For those people who doesn't like little girls but like little boys, they are known as shota-con, and there are dozen of anime where the female characters are shown as shota-cons.

ShinMaruku
Feb 9, 2007, 03:10 PM
They won't care if they got it wrong. Just like when people use yoai which can also mean and old guy with a little girl... <_<

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, the PMs ARE insane. But then, their comments can be quite hilarious. The most aggressive (battle-wise) are the 420 & 450. 420 kills things before I get to & Im Lv100!!! Sometimes she just beats me to it when Im otherwise occupied. As for the 450, shes spamming that Megid spell (Idk which one it is - the REAL BIG purple globe) & is known to do alot of ice & fire spells too. One of the great things about this game is if youre having a bad day, when they get into one of those random shortcuts, it just makes your day! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Errorrrr
Feb 10, 2007, 04:50 AM
I am quite interested on the japanese counterparts... does anybody have a translation for all their quotes?

Reginaldo
Feb 12, 2007, 04:28 PM
I hope the Evolution Devices give them new quotes as well.

Shinzakura
Feb 14, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-02-09 08:45, Scejntjynahl wrote:

You are correct. But it seems that they just are exchanging "kyoot" to "loli" -_-

Actually, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm making a reference to EGL/EGA (Gothic Lolita) dress style of some of the PMs, not referring as far back as Nabokov's work - I think there's not a soul here fetishizing the PMs.

Besides, I think Lolibot rolls off the tongue better than Kawaiibot or Moebot, but that's just me.

KuroNetsune
Feb 15, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-02-13 22:24, Shinzakura wrote:

On 2007-02-09 08:45, Scejntjynahl wrote:

Actually, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm making a reference to EGL/EGA (Gothic Lolita) dress style of some of the PMs, not referring as far back as Nabokov's work - I think there's not a soul here fetishizing the PMs.

Besides, I think Lolibot rolls off the tongue better than Kawaiibot or Moebot, but that's just me.

... XD oh the things I have seen in the battlefield... namely guys literally with crushes over their PM's <.<

also, in before PM doujins XD