PDA

View Full Version : Valley of Suspicion

Nani-chan
Feb 9, 2007, 07:41 AM
I did this as B; Most of the monsters will be around lvl 24.

If you don't want spoilers, don't read further.

This mission isn't as difficult as the previous two, but may as well make a post if people want to discuss it.

Monster list:
Block A-2

Lapucha (ice)
Vanda (fire)
Forgot name of the big kitties (ice)

A-3
1st room
Zoona (fire)
2nd room
Bug (lightning)
Grinne Beat C (lightning)

Part2

A-1
Seeker (lightning)
Kog Nad (light)

A-2
Bugges (lightning)
Boltoma (lightning)
Bugges (lightning)
Bil de Vears (Bishops) (Earth)

Extra hints and info

The 4 codes for one of the doors is under the flame spitting rotators. The rest of the doors are monster wave drops.

Infection spitting rotators may drop trap items.

The B Vear Bishops killed my lvl 64ish NPCs with their clothesline attack...

Yay for last room of this mission.. Multiple Bugges with megiverse in a small area.

I was kinda sad that I didn't get Nav's Partner Card, but at least I got to see Ethan in a new costume.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-09 04:48 ]</font>

Jey
Feb 10, 2007, 06:05 AM
I think the second part of this mission was geared towards making Forces feel less boned from not being able to S-rank Story Mission 4. Because at the A rank, it was really fugging annoying (35 minute clear time as my GT ._. I think the S-rank requirement is <25 minutes)

Oh well, at least you get to choose difficulties now.

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 06:08 AM
define "bishop" o_o

Nani-chan
Feb 10, 2007, 06:20 AM
I know it's not the right terminology but I call
Crown = King
Crook/Foot = Bishop
Sword/Shield = Knight

The Vears have "sword, shield, crook and foot" status making them deal more damage..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-10 03:29 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 06:32 AM
so the fully buffed non-leaders? alright http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

official terminology:
crown = leader

rest:
sword = 'sword' or 'fully buffed' as at least up to now and afaik sword always comes with the shield.

shield = shielded

cane and shoes only appear when the certain enemy is shielded. they indicate additional MST and EVP bonuses on the shield status.

Nani-chan
Feb 10, 2007, 06:40 AM
There are some exceptions. Yet yes usually Crook/Foot comes with sword/shield too.

I've seen Pannons in "Fight for Food" with Crook/Foot status only, I think.

I think Valley of Carnage has some only "sworded" and only "shielded" vandas.

Sorry, I think I'm confusing us both at this point and will back off. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

My guide is rather sketchy at best. This was just a "heads-up", something I wrote at 5am pst (a hour after the mission was released) in case someone was curious about the general info of this mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-02-10 03:45 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 06:45 AM
nope, no shieldless sword vandas in voc.
nope, those pannons are fully buffed (all 4 icons) - they get yellow balls as hands = sword visualisation.

the only exception that comes to mind is :
leaders that dont have buffs because there arent any for that enemy type - ollaka, sendillan.
leaders that only have a shield because there isnt an existing sword buff for that enemy - gaozoran leader.
some wonky mixups in story quests (didnt play enough online story to verify, but apparently there is a vanda leader with only sword in there - but didnt see that one myself yet).

Randomness
Feb 10, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-02-10 03:45, rena-ko wrote:
nope, no shieldless sword vandas in voc.
nope, those pannons are fully buffed (all 4 icons) - they get yellow balls as hands = sword visualisation.

the only exception that comes to mind is :
leaders that dont have buffs because there arent any for that enemy type - ollaka, sendillan.
leaders that only have a shield because there isnt an existing sword buff for that enemy - gaozoran leader.
some wonky mixups in story quests (didnt play enough online story to verify, but apparently there is a vanda leader with only sword in there - but didnt see that one myself yet).

The one big ice enemy in Agata can come with shield and cane only.

rena-ko
Feb 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
only shield (cane and shoes are grouped with the shield) is perfectly fine for any enemy that has that and / or other buffs.