PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater Question - Grinding to +35

Advinus
Dec 2, 2002, 12:26 PM
I have obtained the Soul eater for My force Character however i am a bit perplexed. Everywhere that i have read said that it could be grinded up to +35 so i have been saving grinders since i started working at geting the Soul eater now that i have obtained i have saved up like 20 levels worth of grinders and i start applying them. Once i hit +9 it stoped allowing me to grind it up further did something change on the The gamecube verison of the game or can you only grind it to certin levels based on some other criteria. Any help would be apprechiated

TeamPhalanx
Dec 2, 2002, 12:32 PM
The GC version's limit is +9

Advinus
Dec 2, 2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the quick reply .... That sucks is there any other weapons that are better for a force to fight with or is that still about the best melee weapon damage wise

Advinus
Dec 2, 2002, 12:41 PM
Sorry i also forgot i am level 34 at the moment
i have a club of lucionium but can't quite use it yet

DirewolfX
Dec 2, 2002, 12:46 PM
As a FO, you're much better off with a Club of Laconium, some pumped up MST and a Foie spell. FOs are made to use magic, and they can clear out areas so much faster if they use it.

Advinus
Dec 2, 2002, 12:51 PM
I will normally always rely on my magic first in formost however when i am in a pinch and run out TP i want a decent weapon to hold things off or if i want to conserve TP

Munki
Dec 2, 2002, 02:36 PM
I have found that as soon as you get access to Trifluids on a regular basis (read: can afford the expensive things!), running out of TP is never a problem. I would rather use the extra hotkey space for more spells. They do more damage, tend to keep you out of harms way, and are your bread and butter (specially for a newman or newearl FO). If you are in a team game, I let them know I am getting low once I hit 2 Trifluids left. And I usually go back and restock while I still have 1. If I plan it this way, I always have a Trifluid left if someting comes up to keep me from heading back to Pioneer 2. Most people won't mind trips back up to pioneer 2 for Forces. Heck, I have even had people just give me fluids when I say I am getting low.

If I was going to bank on any one weapon for my FO to use (with combat in mind), it would have to be a Handgun-type. FO's ridicoulosly low HP and DFP make me wanna stay away from the thick of the action, and this allows that.

Well, there is my 2 cents. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Advinus
Dec 2, 2002, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your guys input i am a FOnewman and right now i have been playing kinda back and forth with my Tech's which are all above level 10 at this point just hit Hard offline but play on very hard in a group i play with right now i use a mind Buster +3 which seems to work fine since after a room of baddies i can have pretty much all my TP back i had just looked forward to using the soul eater as it would allow me to hold my own when playing solo a little better as it hits multiple Badies and are usable by forces however since they noobed to only be grindable to +9 i'm not sure what to do about the Melle portion i want to keep oh well i'll figure something out if anyone else has any suggestions let me know

Muku6
Dec 2, 2002, 07:46 PM
I'm a FOmarl. I myself prefer any weapon aside the weapons made specifically for Forces (ie. wands, canes, etc.). I love more things along the lines of sabers and stuff, and do fairly well. I got the Soul Eater last week and prefer it for offline single player mode. You can hold your own without having to pipe back every 5 minutes. I'd suggest it, only problem is with baddies hitting you and the Soul Eater zapping your HP, you need to keep in mind to watch your HP. But the fact you hit multiple baddies with it is also appealing. I would recommend it. It's helped me hold down the fort.

Advinus
Dec 3, 2002, 11:47 AM
yeah thanks for the input i went through and was playing through hard last night and i think i a maybe had to go back up to pioneer 2 maybe 4 times mainly to offload items but also to pick a few fluids

i beat the crap out of the dragon with no problem using just the soul eater and no magic as i was doing more damage faster then my tech's were