PDA

View Full Version : Telepipe/Ryuker Question

Goza
Dec 2, 2002, 01:02 PM
Sorry to be a pain. One of you, memory has failed me, gave a great explanation of how to do the telepipe trick. Thanks for that too, it should be in a guide somewhere http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I tried it over 10 times with a room of rappy folks to no avail. Now, my question is whether I am just being too impatient, or possibly doing something wrong. Anyone have a good percentage (based on their experience) for about how many times it has to be done to work?

Oh, and I went through the hard dragon four more times. Nothing, Nothing, Moon Atomizer, Difluid. It must be a masochist, because the sane thing to do would be to just give me the Musashi.

Munki
Dec 2, 2002, 02:25 PM
TP trick works like thus;

Once you have found your 'target' make sure that you don't attack any of them. If you do they don't respawn. Then just pipe back and forth until you get your rare monster. This can take a LONG time, anywhere from 5 minutes (if your lucky) to over 1-2 hours. It just comes down to the luck of the die!

Hope this helps!

Goza
Dec 2, 2002, 02:52 PM
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I knew the don't attack bit, but I was not aware that it could take as long as that. I'm not sure I have the patience. It seems like I'd be better off just spending that time to get to the next difficulty level.

Thanks for the info, it was most helpful http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chiyosuke
Dec 2, 2002, 03:41 PM
I have another question while we are at this subject; do you have to stay in same room as the monster or in the adjacent room?

Additionally, does this trick only work offline or online or both?

Thanx for helping out noobs.

Munki
Dec 2, 2002, 04:22 PM
Chiyosuke: I don't think that it matters if you are in the room or not. I have always done it in the room, as that is faster (pipe in, quickly look for rare monster, pipe out). The trick works on and offline

And also, I agree with Goza that this isn't usually worth it. I rarely find something worth using for my character. And since this trick is semi-well known, the rares you get are kinda 'downgraded' trade wise because of it. It definately isn't really worth doing until you hit VHard or Ult. The main reason I even do it now is only to find out what the rare monsters drop for my ID, to post in the Item Drop DB on this site.