PDA

View Full Version : Miss Infinity gave me a present.

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
Last night I was up late talking to a friend online, I was hanging around west parum and for a brief second I saw someone with an infinity symbol for a name dressed in red, you know the 8 on its side. She dissapeared very quickly and then I got a trade request, I accepted, and what I got was a present.

I was trying to message my friend but I hit the wrong button and accidentally hit the chat macro and got into a conversation with some random person. I discussed this with my new friends and I decided to open it. I was cautious as I dont know what hackers can do now a days.

To my suprise it was a Crea Doubles with 18% lightning! I decided to show them to the friend I had been messaging and he went to check out the forums to make sure its a released rare, and to check out TMG's just in case thier up to something. Thats when I get a message from my other friend saying that the same thing happened to him, and he recieved the same item I did except with a light element.

So what exactly just happaned? In both cases the person just came and went, started a trade even though the person was no where to be seen.

_Deliverance_
Feb 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
Throw it away.

Neith
Feb 11, 2007, 12:55 PM
That person is one of 2 things:

1) Stupidly generous.
2) h4x

I highly doubt anyone would just give away a Crea Doubles, let alone an elemental one. Upto you what you do with the item, but I'd get rid of it, heh.

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 01:00 PM
well the character I got it on is a fighgunner so I could actually use it. Or sell it for 99mil and be set for life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But it's reminiscent of how I got partisan of lightning on the character that this character is based off of in pso. So its also an odd coincidence.

So should I keep it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2007-02-11 10:01 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Feb 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
If you like it, keep it. The thing about PSO was that weapons where game breaking. You could play a game on ULT and have spread needle freaks kill everything before you even swing. You should enjoy the game and have fun, I see nothing wrong with you keeping it.

GreenArcher
Feb 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
Up to you. I'm sure the majority of people on this forum would throw it away.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 01:05 PM
I don't see any good reason to not keep it

THE JACKEL

gundam0079
Feb 11, 2007, 01:09 PM
ive seen this infinity cahrracter around, also i searched for the crea doubles in the pc shops and that name came up, i tried to access the room but it said "could not ennter at this time" for like 2 hours. still cant get into that crea doubles room

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 01:14 PM
I wonderwhy he would just hand out rares like that. Even if it was hacked most hackers in PS games arent usually that generous, unless there is a benefit.

Yuicihi
Feb 11, 2007, 01:15 PM
People are jumpy about this. It's ironic, since people complained about not having one in PSO.

You can't just assume that it's a hacked weapon, and you can't assume that it's not. It's up to you to do what you please.

_Deliverance_
Feb 11, 2007, 01:16 PM
Don't cry if you get banned for being in posession of a hacked weapon. You damn well know that nobody is going to give a random person their legit Crea doubles.

Foxix
Feb 11, 2007, 01:18 PM
trying to be legit at this point is pretty silly imo, considering the mass amount of hacked meseta in the economy, it's actually impossible to avoid something like this if you just have a player shop.

not only that but, if its a released weapon i cant get reported for anything, right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2007-02-11 10:19 ]</font>

Yuicihi
Feb 11, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-02-11 10:16, _Deliverance_ wrote:
Don't cry if you get banned for being in posession of a hacked weapon. You damn well know that nobody is going to give a random person their legit Crea doubles.

Unless it is legit, and decided to give it away for some unknown reason. You can't just bloody assume that it's hacked. Yes, there is the possibility, but it's not definate.

Rashiid
Feb 11, 2007, 01:27 PM
why throw it away if this item can be legitlly made/found?

just tell ppl u made it

Eliash
Feb 11, 2007, 01:31 PM
It all depends on how ST tracks hacked weapons. I think it's safe to say that the weapon is hacked, after all how many crea doubles have you found lately? Apparently this person has given away 2 away and supposidly has more in his/her shop. Most people haven't found 1 legit Crea Doubles, let alone at least 3.

It is possible that the weapon is actually gained through legit means, however, that possibility is very small I would think. Low synth chance + rare board + rare materials = Not so easily parted with. With everything considered, it is more likely to be hacked than legit.

It's up to the OP to keep or get rid of it. I for one don't know how SEGA banning system works, so you may be on the wrong side of a banning. I think it's current speculation that bannings take place from player feedback, so in that regard, you should be safe.

EDIT: Fixed wording.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-02-11 10:32 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 01:33 PM
banning is based off of player feedback, as there are people who have had hacked weapon way before the people who got banned for having them originally got them. He'll be perfectly fine with a crea doubles whether it's hacked or not, as long as no one reports him

THE JACKEL

PMB960
Feb 11, 2007, 01:46 PM
I have seen this character everywhere. They act very strangely. The will just sit in a locked HIVE run for hours at a time with an NPC for no apparent reason.

Deja
Feb 11, 2007, 01:51 PM
Same thing happened to me. You just engage in a conversation with her and she opens up trade with you.

I just dropped it in the next game I started and made it vanish.

Ronin1of47
Feb 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-02-11 10:46, PMB960 wrote:
I have seen this character everywhere. They act very strangely. The will just sit in a locked HIVE run for hours at a time with an NPC for no apparent reason.

leveling buffs?
or seeing as she is a fighgunner prolly not

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-02-11 10:54 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 01:57 PM
What could Sega even really do about it if the item is publicly released? They don't ID each weapon, and they can't effectively trace it to any source. They don't ban everyone for having "suspicious" items - or else everyone with 15million+ and a bunch of A ranks (which is most of the PSU population now) would be subject to being banned.

I can't really believe that leaving negetive feedback can get someone banned that easily unless they clearly did bend or break the rules, and it is provable. If that's how it worked - I could find a bunch of people I don't like, send a bunch of shitty reports on them, and then sit back and laugh as they all got abitrarily banned simply because a report came in with their name on it.

But then again... this is Sega we're talking about...

At any rate, it's your decision. I personally wouldn't keep it, but that's just me. It's not like you're taking the weapon is going to have a negetive impact on the game... I think we're already well beyond that treshold by this point.

leveling buffs?
or seeing as she is a fighgunner prolly not

Maybe, as when I saw her in Parum last night I did a check on her just out of curiosity. She was LvL 1 Hunter (JL1) with only a spear PA at lvl 1, no gun techs, and like 15-20 technics of respectable level. Mostly support stuff IIRC, that doesn't do damage. Struck me as odd, but I didn't think too much about it since I remember seeing characters at lvl 1 with FO 10 job a while ago. Some people are just bored and do weird things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-11 11:04 ]</font>

tailz
Feb 11, 2007, 02:01 PM
ya ive known a few people who got hacked by someone and then got banned by sega... im not sure how segas banning system works, but i do know that its not a particularly good system at this point... i would probably (against my will) get rid of it, but then again ive never had a weapon with that much value so i cant really talk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 02:05 PM
if someone reports you for having a hacked weapon, and then they say it's a Crea Doubles, I doubt you'd get banned. Considering the weapon is already released, there's no proof it is hacked just because someone has a screen of it equipped on someone.

The people who got banned were ones with unreleased weapons that got reported. That's the only thing they can truly "track," via reporting by players.

THE JACKEL

UnknownFox
Feb 11, 2007, 02:24 PM
i wish someone would just give me a kick ass weapon i could really use that

_Deliverance_
Feb 11, 2007, 02:34 PM
"Well, Sega has wielded the mighty ban-hammer, and anyone (at least on PC) that had these items has been banned, including myself (and I didn't even make any of the damn things >.>) I've even heard reports of people that had hacked crea doubles and halarods getting banned as well, so make sure you know where these came from if someone offers you some."

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=134198&forum=22&97

Read it and weep.
I say again, anybody who made a legit Crea Double, would not give it away to some random person. You can lie to yourself and think that there are people that are that generous(ie stupid), or you can toss the weapon. You didn't earn it, and you didn't buy it. I wouldn't keep any S rank that some random person gave me. Hell, I wouldn't even complete the trade.

@ THE JACKLE: You don't think SEGA can tell what's hacked and what's not? This isn't hacked meseta, it's an item. Haxeta has circulated so much, that they can't ban people in posession of it. Items on the other hand...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Deliverance_ on 2007-02-11 11:37 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 02:37 PM
lol, so one guy says something like that and it's obviously true. Why is it then that I know people that have hacked for a long time, and never been reported or banned... how would that even be possible. People who had hacked weapons way before they became distributed, are still running around undetected.

THE JACKEL

_Deliverance_
Feb 11, 2007, 02:53 PM
For now.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
lol, if they never use it publically, no one is going to report them, because no one will suspect them. They don't do anything that tells you they are a hacker

THE JACKEL

_Deliverance_
Feb 11, 2007, 03:01 PM
lol what?
You're lol'ing at the fact that your hacker friends haven't been caught? lol'ing at the fact that others _have_?
You make no sense!

What do hackers do to tell others that they are hackers, other than openly admitting to it? Besides, your not getting the point. It's a possibly hacked gift from a random stranger, that the OP didn't earn. May as well go buy it from a website that sells currency and items.

jizaboz
Feb 11, 2007, 03:11 PM
I would keep any item given to me as long as the item was legit, it doesn't sound half as harmful to gameplay as the +99 "Cheese Needles" from Phantasy Star Online.

I've been known to just give away great items or amounts of money, however all of which I've obtained legally. From personal experience I know that some veterans really enjoy being giving something that really doesn't mean a hell of a lot to them, but means a lot to player that hasn't been playing quite as long.

Axel3792
Feb 11, 2007, 03:18 PM
When I partied with Infinity, she had "strange connection issues" at the time, one of which being the you couldn't do a search on her to see if she was on, nor could you use the "find party member" option. This, coupled with the denied room entry, is a little shady.

Also, she claims to have made tons and tons of money selling De Ragan statues on her main, but has anyone SEEN her main? I know she has the following characters, all with symbols: Infinity, Musical Note, Diamond, and one other I forgot (dollar or something, it's not a name, and it's level 1). Unless she was given all of those items, how could she do that without having two accounts? Oh, and she gave everyone in our party 1.5 million meseta for leveling her job...

Four level-one characters, selling De Ragan statues, "blocked" features of a server-side transactions, free S-Rank items... I'll let you decide.

Aaron777
Feb 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
get rid of it...

Shadow_Wing
Feb 11, 2007, 04:49 PM
Your choice I say, I can pretty much bet my money on at least 90% of the crea doubles floating around are hacked but you don't see mass banning of all those people.

Jae
Feb 11, 2007, 09:29 PM
Crea Doubles? Pshaw. Everyone has one of those nowadays. If you kept it, nothing would happen to you. Don't sweat it.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 09:33 PM
why did this get moved to cheaters, seriously, it seems almost every thread gets moved here now lol

THE JACKEL

isahn80
Feb 12, 2007, 02:51 AM
On 2007-02-11 11:37, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
lol, so one guy says something like that and it's obviously true.

I was just repeating what I heard, in case it WAS true, as that edit was made immediately after the mass banning. It DOES NOT seem that you can get banned for simply owning S-ranks, as I have several friends that have multiple unreleased items that have yet to be banned. It's pretty obvious you get banned by being reported, and I think those that got banned for having Halarods or Crea Doubles only did so because they had many of them... or perhaps someone got jealous and reported them to Sega, and from what I hear they'll ban nearly anyone reported to them. This sounds pathetic, but I can't think of any other reason why several uber-legit friends got banned who I know for an absolute fact did not have anything more than large amounts of haxeta made through their store.

AL1ST0R
Feb 12, 2007, 07:34 AM
yes i agree with you isahn,meny people have been banned because of reports from our good friends at psow,why do you say because in there offtime from playing psu they like to go on wicth hunts this is why 70% of the population in psu on the ps2/pc has dyed and if anyone wants to challege me plz go to the cheaters section and see how many posts there is about oooo h4x! lets all report them,hackers did not mess psu community up

psow and other legits did there the reason so many inocent people got banned and no im not talking about hackers im talking about "legits" aswell they reported anyone who had more money then them and called them hackers meanwhile you can make a killing in the market by selling photons as we all know.

and isahn is right it all boils donw to jealously they want what the hackers have and crys and goes in a pissy fit cause they have to grind to fine the item/weapon they want and since the hacker can just get any weapon they want in 2 mins they envy that and want to report the hacker cause they find it all too unfair boo hoo,

if the hackers/person is not affecting your gameplay experience then why do you care?
and why must you report them for having better stuff then you?i mean even psow legits got banned now thats just sad,because all of you support ati-acking but some of you excepted h4x weapons or h4x yourself >.>

Jesus_christ
Feb 12, 2007, 05:05 PM
excuse me, AL1STER...1st of all, werent u banned for hax? and 2nd, does'nt anybody realize that everytime a new weapon/board is released, the identification numbers are stored in ST databases...what happens when you have something that sega does'nt recognize? while it's true many ppl get away with hax and illegitamate items...do you not realize that sega does'nt have any reason to investigate without probable cause? of course these uber-hackers get away with anything daily, it's also true that hackers have gone to far by shutting down servers, you don't think ST is going to pay attention to that?

Gryffin
Mar 24, 2007, 12:23 AM
Ive seen both Diamond and Infinity, and from what I've seen and heard, it's someone who pays people to level their job. I doubt their a hacker, but it is still a possibility. I dunno if she has two accounts and does it herself at times, but if no one other than me has noticed, she's been around less lately, well, I've not seen her at her usual hangouts..benches on Moatoob and PPT Space port outside the HIVE missions. Maybe she decided to play her other characters again? It's but another mystery of PSU..

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
keep it, since its a legit item there is no way sega can have proof its hacked because someone COULD give it away, they dont have to, but just cuz they give it away doesn't automatically mean its hacked, hell id keep a wep like that. but if u dont want to get banned, or take the chance, ill buy it off you for all the meseta i have, not a lot, and all my A rank weps.

jayster
Mar 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
There's a person on xbox360 with 3 crea doubles in shop for 9999999999, high percents too.

XenithFlare
Apr 10, 2007, 02:02 PM
Okay, so answer me this... if I gave you my 50% light Ank Pikor -at random, just ran past you and GAVE IT- would you throw it away? Note: "you" is open-ended.

SStrikerR
Apr 11, 2007, 08:15 PM
nope

XenithFlare
Apr 12, 2007, 01:44 AM
Point proven.

majorgamer55
Apr 21, 2007, 04:13 PM
i would keep it because look it isnt like you will get banned right?
the worst thing that could happen is that you will lose the crea doubles, no biggie

aya07
Apr 28, 2007, 08:25 PM
lolz do wat u want with it, i would sell since i cant use, but jus simply throwing it away without selling it would be bad... lol at least feed it to ur pm if ur gonna throw it away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SStrikerR
Apr 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
no!!!!!! gib 2 me plz!

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
May 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
KEEEEP IT or sale it for 9999999999$ and give out half of your money to random people!!!!!!!!!!!