PDA

View Full Version : I mighta missed this, wasn't around on friday...

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
But did we get Dulk Fakis in this update? All I've seen is that new story mission, which has convinced me they're making this up as they go along.

GreenArcher
Feb 11, 2007, 02:55 PM
That new story mission you've seen is the only thing that is new

Omega_Weltall
Feb 11, 2007, 02:57 PM
there were 'technical difficulties' and only some of the updates actualy made it live. Dulk Fakis and the ultimate PA's didnt make it and wont be there till march 2... many were pissed and some theorized that its Sega's way of saying "Fuck you NonJapanese players!", But that has been discussed in detail already.

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 02:57 PM
And will be the only new thing until March 2nd.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 02:59 PM
<sarcasm>OMG I HATE SEGA GOD WHY DO THEY PROVIDE US WITH NEW CONTENT REGULARLY SELFISH IDIOTS I WISH THEY WOULD JUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111one oneoneone

</sarcasm>

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 03:03 PM
Worse still is this grievous act has been viewed by many PC/PS2 players as the last straw. They now are planning to hold a protest to interrupt the GM event scheduled for Valentine's Day.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah, they can really mess it up. I mean, GMs versus players.

Why do people overreact? Sega are actually doing a fair good job with this one >_> They could have just gone, "there's network mode, now give us your monies. Updates? Nope."

If people get so agitated they have to actually have to go and get themselves banned by the people trying to sort the game out hold a protest, why not just crack one out? Surely that's a better way to relieve tension, rather than going off on one on message boards.

*awaits the 'sega have been screwing us since PSO post*

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
Sega have been screwing us since PSO!

PJ
Feb 11, 2007, 03:11 PM
All of a sudden...

I <3 Reigast.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-02-11 12:10, omegapirate2k wrote:

Ah been screwin' yo momma since PSO.

Srsly.

Maybe the nine-year olds need to stop playing around with Daddy's PC, and Daddy's credit card, and realise that rome wasn't built in a day. You want an established MMO? Go play WoW. I'll be fine waiting until March 2nd for Dulk Fakis, kthx.

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 03:38 PM
This gives me a chance to save up the PA Fragments required to get Splendor Crush and hit the level cap, and get Fighgunner to 10.

I really don't care what we get, as long as we get it.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-02-11 12:38, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
This gives me a chance to save up the PA Fragments required to get Splendor Crush and hit the level cap, and get Fighgunner to 10.

I really don't care what we get, as long as we get it.

That's the spirit. =]

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 11, 2007, 04:07 PM
I HATE SEGA!! THEY HATE US BECAUSE WERE NOT JAPANESE!!! I WANT MY ULTIMATE PAS AND DULK FAKIS NOW!!!11111

seriously, people just love to complain, and will always try to find something to complain about. I don't care personally, I'll wait, I'm patient, I wasn't even ready for these ultimate PAs anyway, I was rushing to level Assault Crush to 30, but meh. Just gives me more time to do other things, like train my other characters, get PA frags, etc.

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-02-11 12:08, Reigast wrote:
*awaits the 'sega have been screwing us since PSO post*

On 2007-02-11 12:10, omegapirate2k wrote:

*Ahem*

I was joking.

Ether
Feb 11, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-02-11 12:08, Reigast wrote:
They could have just gone, "there's network mode, now give us your monies. Updates? Nope."

I think everyone would have preferred that actually, assuming they released the complete game

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 04:32 PM
To be left behind by the people with no life? Then the casual people get left in the dust with no one to level with.

Also, this way, everyone is in roughly the same equipment range, so everyone can play the economy game.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 04:33 PM
Omega, we know XD

And Ether, it would have BLOWN if it was like that. Because you get the people that grind to 70 in 8 seconds, and complete everything. Look at Guild Wars for example. People powered through that game like nothing.

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-02-11 13:33, Reigast wrote:
Omega, we know XD

And Ether, it would have BLOWN if it was like that. Because you get the people that grind to 70 in 8 seconds, and complete everything. Look at Guild Wars for example. People powered through that game like nothing.

Oh, ok, that's fortunate.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
they should have just released it all in the beginning. The game wouldn't have gotten such bad reviews, and more people would have played. You can't say, oh but then casual players would get left behind, casual players are already left behind. Plus by your logic, anyone that joins now, is so far behind they shouldn't even play. That's the point of an online game, there's always more to reach for. But that's not how they're doing it. Everyone gets everything so it seems, then sits and waits with nothing to really do, and complains about it

THE JACKEL

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 05:00 PM
Uh.... what?

-Ryuki-
Feb 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think he was trying to make a statement. A valid point, of sorts.

PMB960
Feb 11, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-02-11 13:37, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
they should have just released it all in the beginning. The game wouldn't have gotten such bad reviews, and more people would have played. You can't say, oh but then casual players would get left behind, casual players are already left behind. Plus by your logic, anyone that joins now, is so far behind they shouldn't even play. That's the point of an online game, there's always more to reach for. But that's not how they're doing it. Everyone gets everything so it seems, then sits and waits with nothing to really do, and complains about it

THE JACKEL

Yes but by that same reasoning if we got everything at once people would have already burned through everything and would have no reason to play. By pacing it Sega keeps people playing for longer than if they let people get to level 100 and have all 12* rares 1 month after release. By this time there would be people with all possible 12* rares, every capped PA, and no reason to ever play the game again.

nooblet
Feb 11, 2007, 06:11 PM
seem like the only people complaining are the people that rush through the game just so they can say they are the first to whatever. If sega released everything at first, theres really nothing to look forward to in future months.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-02-11 13:37, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Um... Not really.

Just imagine if we'd been given everything we have now on launch day.

Everyone'd be maxed out on everything that started on launch day, and that'd screw the low players even further. PSU shouldn't be grind oriented, but people are treating it as "i need to get this before everyone else."

On 2007-02-11 14:42, PMB960 wrote:
Yes but by that same reasoning if we got everything at once people would have already burned through everything and would have no reason to play. By pacing it Sega keeps people playing for longer than if they let people get to level 100 and have all 12* rares 1 month after release. By this time there would be people with all possible 12* rares, every capped PA, and no reason to ever play the game again.

What he said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reigast on 2007-02-11 15:26 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 11, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-02-11 12:03, Sychosis wrote:
Worse still is this grievous act has been viewed by many PC/PS2 players as the last straw. They now are planning to hold a protest to interrupt the GM event scheduled for Valentine's Day.

looooooooool They aren't going to show up on our servers. That's what so funny about this "protest".

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
I think I might make a spoof character for the event, make him short, fat, and ugly, stick him in swimwear, and call him 'Esufat.'

And then she how many pictures I can ruin via stealth teabagging.

^___^

Not for vendettas or anything though.

For comedy value.

For great justice.

Question: Do you think that the GMs'll take pictures of people using the clothing glitch on the 360? Hmmmm.

Sychosis
Feb 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-02-11 15:44, Almalexia wrote:

On 2007-02-11 12:03, Sychosis wrote:

looooooooool They aren't going to show up on our servers. That's what so funny about this "protest".

You guys might see LoPan again for a few minutes before all the bitching gets on his nerves.

We here in 360land however will see no one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-11 15:58 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 11, 2007, 06:59 PM
That's even more hilarious. The western PSU players wont see no one LOL.

TheRealFlow
Feb 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
People just need to chill, everything will come in time. =)

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 08:17 PM
Yes but by that same reasoning if we got everything at once people would have already burned through everything and would have no reason to play.

Ok, that's a possibility - but the reality is that they did metered unlocks of the game little by little... and that pissed people off. They reached cap, had nothing else to do, so they moved on and waited for the next update so that they could bust ass for a couple days and then dissapear again after exhausting the update content. That's why many people here say that PSU "lives on updates", and with no new goals to shoot for for nearly a month - many of those people are going to leave and never come back.

Ammendum: Many already HAVE left, and ARE NOT comming back.

So at the end of the day you're left with the same result. Bored players jumping ship to other games which can actually manage to hold their interest.

Personally I'm with the Jackel on this one, because you're not going to stop or slow down the powergamers who race through their RPGs. At least by releasing the full game you give them more to chew through and keep them longer, rather than artifically halting their progress and forcing them to seek their level-up grind elsewhere.

Just imagine if we'd been given everything we have now on launch day. Everyone'd be maxed out on everything that started on launch day, and that'd screw the low players even further.

Ummm... Tough Shit? Simple concept really - the more you put into a game, the more you should expect to be returned on that investment of time. Some people have far more time than others (and far more than what is healthy) to spend mindlessly grinding away on their games in persuit of an intangable goal. The casuals always get left behind. There's nothing unfair or unjust about it. Might suck that you don't have the time or devotion to dedicate to the game like others - but does that mean that they should be punished for your iniquities? Because YOU can't keep up the pace and don' think it's "Fair" that they can be more powerful than you? That's lame.

Well it's been tried this way - and it has failed this way. There's really no point in defending or justifying Sega's metered release of the game, for whatever noble, self-serving, or communistic reasons. It has failed, and along with multiple other problems online which they won't address has whittled PSU's potential population (as well as their actual population) down to the point of almost being completely inconcequential.

Reginaldo
Feb 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
Last time I checked Sega is a business, the way it's supposed to work is that content is released slowly so they gain more profit from month to month (or 6 month) subscriptions.

However, Sega of America is either poorly staffed or the employees don't even care (probably a combination of both). Regardless, I really hope that nobody predicted that this game would be the next WoW because clearly this game wasn't even designed to handle more then 9000 people, let alone 8 million + like WoW. This is just going by the amount of servers on PSU of course.

Then again last time I checked WoW wasn't that amazing in the beginning of its life, again because slow patch releases = more money made from months and months of subscriptions.

The game was doomed from the start due to poor advertising anyway...and by poor, I mean none at all. Even in the first few days of the servers I remember there only being only two full universes, with a few stars on the third. I'd say roughly a third of those people left in the first two weeks as the final release of the game was basically left in the same state as the beta.

Also, I feel like the staff designated to run the US/EU servers weren't even properly trained in handling the inner workings of the game. GM's made brief appearances in the beginning and I haven't seen one since November I believe. On top of that they are very selective on what questions they will answer on their own forums.

If you want stellar support and constant content, go play a mainstream MMO. If you're a fan of the Phantasy Star series regardless of the many flaws this game may have, then continue to play until the end like I plan on doing. Otherwise stop whining like it's going to make a difference. Sega doesn't design games in a way where its user's opinions matter, get over it.

It's just a game.

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 08:30 PM
I only disagree with Sinue's population point. At around 2 PM (EST) today the 360 had 3 full Universes and a couple with 1 full star. Our population (for whatever reason) seems to be A-Ok.

Reginaldo
Feb 11, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-02-11 17:30, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I only disagree with Sinue's population point. At around 2 PM (EST) today the 360 had 3 full Universes and a couple with 1 full star. Our population (for whatever reason) seems to be A-Ok.

*sigh* He's talking about the PS2/PC version so of course his point would make no sense to you. Try reading the entire topic next time.

Gigorman
Feb 11, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-02-11 15:59, Almalexia wrote:
That's even more hilarious. The western PSU players wont see no one LOL.

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_events.php

CelestialBlade
Feb 11, 2007, 08:47 PM
I love this thread. It's about time some of us that are actually happy with Sega for the most part and are sick of the whiners and complainers banded together.

Sabotaging a GM event just makes you look even more like a whiny 8-year-old and just ruins things for all of us. It doesn't make anything better, it doesn't make any points, it just aggravates everyone. It puts you on the same level as a hacker, in my eyes.

Sinue_v2
Feb 11, 2007, 08:57 PM
I wouldn't say it's "A-Ok". It simply hasn't seen yet the massive drop in users that the PS2/PC versions has (and has even reaped in a good deal of our own playerbase in the process). Yet three full star universes simply means that that there's "3000" people.. plus another 200 or so for the other full star, and maybe another 500-1000 spread across the other ships. That's only about "4,000" users total, (rough estimate) at peak times correct? At peak hours, the NGC version of PSO had around 8,000 users at launch, and stayed at around 5,000 for many months later. PSO for the Dreamcast had around 11,000+ players even on "Off Hours" for almost a year after it's launch IIRC.

Adding in the entirety of the PS2/PC userbase - PSU has barely half of PSO's original userbase. And it's a brand new game, on new hardware... not a rehash with "additions" the way Ep I & II was.

Now, I'm not surprised to see the X360 version having more users. The metered release of content is simply one of many issues plauging PSU at the moment and driving off customers. The X360 version hasn't had to deal with some of these issues thus far... such as cheating. Not to mention that it recieved far more advertising via Xbox Live Demo download that allowed players to sample the game as we played it for the first month (I.E. Beta) for 30 days.

But even so... the X360 has a userbase of what... 5 million? Nearly 1 million Live accounts? In that case - suppose that even just 1/50 gamers have heard of and are even slightly interested in PSU. By that compairison, there should be around 20,000 users. 20 full universes, or at least 8-10 full universes at peak times. Also consider that PSU has no real competition on the X360 aside from FFXI, and thus will sell more simply because it's an online RPG geared toward the casual audience. On the PC, PSU has to fight with WoW, FFXI GW, EQ, - even Ultima Online still, as well as a host of both free (and pay) Korean MMO's. So their users have those optional avenues to chose from - and as for the PS2, it has the largest playerbase of all PSU hasn't penetrated even 1% of it's market despite only meger competition from FFXI, Monster Hunter, EQoA, ect.

But at any rate - I still firmly believe that no matter how "Well" people percieve PSU's population to be doing, it could have been far, far better if only the game were handled and developed properly.

Sekani
Feb 11, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-02-11 17:57, Sinue_v2 wrote:
But at any rate - I still firmly believe that no matter how "Well" people percieve PSU's population to be doing, it could have been far, far better if only the game were handled and developed properly.

Valius
Feb 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
I have to say the unlocking content idea wasn't so bad. However, if they were going to go that route it would have been better to have more initial content.

Umberger
Feb 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-02-11 21:14, Valius wrote:
I have to say the unlocking content idea wasn't so bad. However, if they were going to go that route it would have been better to have more initial content.

Back in my day, we only had A rank missions. And B rank weapons/armor too. And we were thankful for those when we got 'em.

We also had to walk 5 miles up hill both ways to get to Endrum Remnants.

I say stop complaining and just let Sega do their own thing. Not everyone in this game is a level 70/10 advanced job class. Lighten up and have some fun, help out one of the new guys, change your class for a little while...anything works.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 12, 2007, 02:51 AM
I agree with Reginaldo 100%.

Jeez.. im just now like only 1500 until i gain Level 43; LEVEL 43; and i've been *casually* playing since mid November. The only S-Rank mission i've gotten to play is LL Unsafe Passage! lol And oooh whoopie i've got all of 3 count em THREE PA Fragments! I love all the stuff thats been added.

Can't wait until my main character is Lvl 65 and I have some good grinded weapons and excellent armor (once I can afford a fraken Sori-Senba without using up my entire savings), then I can get to playing those S-Rank Missions. LOL Right now my stuff b-rank stuff sux so bad that I'm getting PWN'd in Rainbow Beast B!!! LOL But it's fun!

I've not even gotten to play half of all that's been added mission wise! Real Life (like College classes and assignments) is something that I have to live/do first so I'm not on as often as I'd like to be.

Esufer
Feb 12, 2007, 06:28 AM

I think it's working well as it is, with the content unlocking. The only thing I'd change is maybe making the online story mode portions a bit longer.

Jonty
Feb 12, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-02-11 20:25, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-02-11 17:57, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Valius
Feb 13, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-02-11 21:25, Umberger wrote:

Back in my day, we only had A rank missions. And B rank weapons/armor too. And we were thankful for those when we got 'em.

We also had to walk 5 miles up hill both ways to get to Endrum Remnants.

I say stop complaining and just let Sega do their own thing. Not everyone in this game is a level 70/10 advanced job class. Lighten up and have some fun, help out one of the new guys, change your class for a little while...anything works.

For the record it wasn't meant as a complaint, more of an observation. I personally didn't have a big problem with the content, seeing as my playstyle is a little more casual, however when it came out there was a lot of criticism due to lack of content.