PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: There's a "con-artist" out there

PALRAPPYS
Feb 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
Well, there's someone named Ifrit (ID- 30033081, not the other one!) who just recently got into 2 of my friend's accounts. They gave him their XBL data (passwords and stuff) to do something. I honestly don't know exactly WHY they gave him the data, but still-- don't buy anything from him anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*sigh* And one of my friends who got "hacked" just got his 5th Ryo-Misaki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Darn you hackers!!!

And please, any PC players, don't come in with any of this "Oh well we've been dealing with it" junk. >>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-02-11 18:41 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:20 PM
They gave him their passwords? You call that hacking? *slaps you across the face*

That is called stupidity, not hacking.

Jae
Feb 11, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:18, PALRAPPYS wrote:
They gave him their XBL data (passwords and stuff) to do something.

I'm sorry but that's not hacking. That's just stupidity.

Sychosis
That is not hacking. That is your friends being total morons...

ljkkjlcm9
agreed with Garnet Moon, but in a less harsh way.

This isn't hacking, it's people being silly with their accounts.

THE JACKEL

Reginaldo
On 2007-02-11 18:20, Garnet_Moon wrote:
They gave him their passwords? You call that hacking? *slaps you across the face*

QFT

Disasteroid
Feb 11, 2007, 09:22 PM
What have PC players been dealing with? Being huge enough retards to hand out their account info to people? Huh...?

mananas
Feb 11, 2007, 09:24 PM
This reminds me of the time someone came into the lobby who said someone told him to give him all of his clothing and he did it. I told him I'd get him his clothes back if he gave me all his weapons and he did it (as a joke). I told him to restart and gave him the weapons he had given me. Tooooo funny.

Yuicihi

First Step of Hacking is guessing passwords.

Rashiid
lol how is that hacking??? comon Lan...

Is giving a random guy your house key, address, and alarm code, and then you return home and everythings gone, Stealing?!?!

nahh, they gave him that stuff, just asking the guy to take theyre stuff....

PJ
Feb 11, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
agreed with Garnet Moon, but in a less harsh way.

Why should you be less harsh? That's about the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

I've given my password out, yeah, but only to my friends. To some person they didn't even know? Flat out fucking retarded.

Retehi
I bet those are the same people that handed over meseta, to get into the Club back on New Year's. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ahhh 360.

Sychosis
On 2007-02-11 18:24, Yuicihi wrote:

First Step of Hacking is guessing passwords.

Except he didn't guess the passwords, he was given them by the "victims"

Sekani
Feb 11, 2007, 09:30 PM
What ISN'T hacking these days.

I guess when the sun rises tomorrow, it was cause it hacked into the earth's atmosphere.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
dude, I thought the sun was banned from rising, it is such a hacker. Best hacker I've ever heard of!

I say less harsh, because there's no need to completely bad mouth other people, as stupid as it was. There's definitely no need to "slap them across the face"

THE JACKEL

trust_kill
Feb 11, 2007, 09:37 PM
lol

PALRAPPYS
Feb 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
O.o

Should've monitored this..

Ok, yes they were stupid. -_- (really I would've never done this)

Ok, so they met some random guy (ugh, it's like a friend) that they played with a lot over the past few days. So then he tells them that his friend is a programmer at PSU (or whatver it's called) and he could give them all a few 7* or 8* weps.

So, them being stupid, they give them all their passwords and such, and then he gets their items. -_-

Man I've gotta reword the hacker... cuz it's not hacking... but to what???

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:37, trust_kill wrote:
lol

Exactly. ;3

Sekani
Feb 11, 2007, 09:41 PM
Con-artist is the term you're looking for.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:40, PALRAPPYS wrote:
O.o

Should've monitored this..

Ok, yes they were stupid. -_- (really I would've never done this)

Ok, so they met some random guy (ugh, it's like a friend) that they played with a lot over the past few days. So then he tells them that his friend is a programmer at PSU (or whatver it's called) and he could give them all a few 7* or 8* weps.

So, them being stupid, they give them all their passwords and such, and then he gets their items. -_-

Man I've gotta reword the hacker... cuz it's not hacking... but to what???

First of all, slap your friends for wanting items they didn't earn.
Second, slap them again for sharing their passwords AND accounts.
Third, report them for account sharing.

*shrugs*I'd do it. But then again, i'm heartless. >:3

Rashiid
Feb 11, 2007, 09:44 PM
lol @ title change

McLaughlin
Feb 11, 2007, 09:50 PM
Don't tell me they fell for the "I'll SELL you a MESETA HACK for 10,000 MESETA" trick.

Giving away your Xbox Live information is probably the dumbest thing a person could do barring someone started walking around with a poster taped to their forehead displaying their Credit Card number and PIN. That'd have to be a big ass poster to top this.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 11, 2007, 09:53 PM
No duh. -_-

But hey, what the heck can I do about their brother's account? Heck, he goes here on PSOW too. -_-

And just saying, what can I do? I'd never share an account! Yeah and like I'm gonna ban my friends. I swear you have GOT to be very cruel to do that.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-02-11 18:53, PALRAPPYS wrote:
No duh. -_-

But hey, what the heck can I do about their brother's account? Heck, he goes here on PSOW too. -_-

And just saying, what can I do? I'd never share an account! Yeah and like I'm gonna ban my friends. I swear you have GOT to be very cruel to do that.

ToS = serious business

Be a hero. Report them! You know you wanna. >:3

NPCMook
Feb 11, 2007, 09:59 PM
Life is a Cruel Joke after all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DLShAdOw
Feb 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
YAY FF8 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PALRAPPYS
Feb 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
Why can't anyone be serious? -_-

Come on... seriously, there's a time in life where you make a stupid decision that you regret. Obviously, this is a time.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 11, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-02-11 19:34, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Come on... seriously, there's a time in life where you make a stupid decision that you regret. Obviously, this is a time.

Why did you agree to the ToS if you have no plan to uphold it? You're as bad as a hacker. :

NPCMook
Feb 11, 2007, 10:39 PM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070205 Shares my thoughts on people who can't spot something that sounds fishy

-Asheth-
Feb 12, 2007, 03:03 AM
I know the 2 that you are talking about. One is named Ifirit and the other is Name Poison winds of Squall or something like. You know its them cause they start talking about a private server that drops nothing but rares and they start talking about they can get you on there.

Ifirit really doesnt have any good weaps some death dancers. Squall Winds or whatever his name is has some pretty good gear on him and he is only lvl 45. But its all SCAM. Private server on 360 lol. But they tried to get me too.

omegapirate2k
Feb 12, 2007, 08:29 AM
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932621&topic=33559712

XD

PALRAPPYS
Feb 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-02-11 19:35, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-02-11 19:34, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Why did you agree to the ToS if you have no plan to uphold it? You're as bad as a hacker. :

Garnet, come on. -_-

You hate everyone on 360, and now this?

First of all, I'm not even the first one to not report one of my friends. That's just plain mean. I really don't care... I'd much rather have my friends to play with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh, and sorry for anything in this topic where I sounded stupid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I know that both of my friends were stupid... and well, I can't do anything about that.