PDA

View Full Version : i got some prablums....

Frostheart
Feb 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
okay, after woodshop, my partner who i share a locker with had asked me out. i first i think i said sure, but then i took my spanish teachers advice and told him i wasnt ready yet. i had thought he took it pretty well, so when i was eating my lunch (he is normally a cupole of tables behind us) i look back and i see him with his head in his hands. now i feel really Sugar Honey Ice Tea-y! i mean hes a nice guy in all but...wouldnt it be strange for me to go out with a guy i didnt like and have my eyes on someone i did? so now, every 2 per. i will have to see him and comunicate with him, so i wonder what will go on today. boy, like some movies/tv shows say ,"Love sucks!"

ABDUR101
Feb 13, 2007, 10:56 AM
Well if you told him lightly and weren't snobbish about it, it should be ok. He might have been upset that he asked you out, you said yes, and he might have told some friends that you said yes, so now the peer pressure has set on him. And just because you saw him with his head in his hands doesn't mean anything. Maybe he had a headache, was tired, did'nt feel well, or anything else. Don't assume, you only cause problems.

As well, you need to pay more attention. Don't accept invites out with people if you're going to shoot them down later, thats disheartening. And you don't have to go out as boyfriend/girlfriend, it's not an instant 'class change', you can still go out with a guy and be his friend.

Frostheart
Feb 13, 2007, 11:00 AM
well it was the first time someone asked me out. i didnt know what to do. i guess the shock got to me and i said yes.

DizzyDi
Feb 13, 2007, 11:16 AM
Its better you hurt his feelings now by saying no, than dating him without liking him and breaking his heart later on down the road by telling him you never really like him.
Get it?

Scejntjynahl
Feb 13, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-02-13 08:16, DizzyDi wrote:
Its better you hurt his feelings now by saying no, than dating him without liking him and breaking his heart later on down the road by telling him you never really like him.
Get it?

Quoted for the bluntness of it.

But its true. Best not string anyone along just because they where just there. It will cause more problems in then end.

Out_Kast
Feb 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
Just tell him the truth.
Lies always hurt so much more.
Take me, for example. I've just been ditched, but do I look sad? No http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif . But only because she told me truthfully rather than lying to me.
Helps a hell of a lot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
What can it hurt to indulge him a bit? You know that he likes you. You say he's a nice guy. Spend some time with him, under the understand that you two are in an uncommitted relationship. You can see a movie with friends, go to a dance together, spent some time not groping eachother together. Who knows? Maybe you'll find out that he's far more interesting than you previously thought. If all goes well between you, then eventually you can "upgrade" the relationship to a "committed" status.

Remember what I said last time: Don't get stuck on just one person. You'll find that opportunities pass you by.

Beyond that, I've known a lot of girls that've gotten screwed up time and time again because they kept going after a certain kind of guy that they were attracted to, and ignoring other guys that might have been better for them. I don't know you well enough to say one way or another, however, it could possibly be a good thing that you aren't immediately attracted to him, but otherwise recognize him to be a "nice guy."

DikkyRay
Feb 13, 2007, 02:23 PM
Im going to guess you are in high school, much like myself, and heres my opinion.
HIGH SCHOOL RELATIONSHIPS DONT MATTER!!!!!
You heard me right. I think its pointless and stupid. The point of most people "going out" Is to get action. Period.
The chance of a HS relatioinship going and lasting beyond college is very slim. Out of all the people who had a relationship in HS and are now in college and still dating are my sister, and Cousin, who is marrying his sweetheart.
All other relationships usually fall apart after a year or two.
And Dizzy is 100% right. Even though its stupid, i still go out with girls, mostly cause ill be considered gay if i dont. But i have had friends who call me telling me what happened.
For the boys its usually this :"Dude, i just broke up with (name) What should i do?" And it will continue from there
Girls its : (Unneccesary crying which lets me know right away what happened) Sometimes they get out a "Hey (my name) is (her name)
But yea, relationships suck, but hey, at the same time are nice.
It is your first time, so dont feel bad. Within a week he'll bounce back, but remember one thing.
KEEP TALKING TO HIM! There is nothing worse than asking/getting asked someone out, then reject/being rejected by them, then after all this never speaking to them again. IT JUST HURTS. Even if it means just saying "Hi" to him everyday, it lets him know you arent just a (excuse my language) bitch who breaks hearts.

Sinue_v2
Feb 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
I used to really like this chick named Jacklyn Rychel in my shop class.

She cut her thumb off on a bandsaw.

Last time I saw her was when she graduated. She gave me her "autograph", her named signed to a piece of paper and then dipped her nub in ink and pressed it on the paper. Said to hold onto it since she was gonna be famous one day.

jedinik
Feb 13, 2007, 06:12 PM
Hey i'm a HS student whose got life going a hundred percent wrong. the way I see (with my luck is the wrong way) he might like you and you and him may get along fine, and there always is the possibility that the person you like may like someone else. but I wouldn't worry about a relationship in HS right now. Let me give you some advice if he's like me or my friends he'll try again because every girl I've asked out has asked me "do you thrive on rejection." but eventually tenacity proved helpful for me because I finally landed a girlfriend (who dumped me a week later). so don't worry if his friends pressured him into doing it he'll leave you alone. but if he really likes you he'll probably come back and try again.

DizzyDi
Feb 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-02-13 15:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Last time I saw her was when she graduated. She gave me her "autograph", her named signed to a piece of paper and then dipped her nub in ink and pressed it on the paper. Said to hold onto it since she was gonna be famous one day.

WEIRD.

Leviathan
Feb 13, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-02-13 17:11, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2007-02-13 15:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:

WEIRD.

im glad i wasnt the only one that thought that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sinue_v2
Feb 13, 2007, 10:03 PM
No, what was weird was when she was sitting behind you in class, she had a habit of licking her nub and jamming it in your ear.

God, that reminds me of my friend Billy. He also had a shop accident. Chopped off the end of his finger, but didn't remove the bone. They couldn't find the skin (which had gotten sucked out by that lil vaccum which clears away the sawdust. I don't know why they never fixed this - but he always had a little bit of bone sticking out from his index finger. He used to drag it across the chalk board to make that shrill screeching noise.

Solstis
Feb 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
I think that your shop class might have needed some looking in to.

But, yeah, High School is... interesting.

BlueDagger
Feb 14, 2007, 12:17 AM
Shop class?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif How about "I have no plans on ever being a carpenter, so everyone can go have fun cutting their limbs off without me" class... Or is it something extra you odn't have to do? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif