PDA

View Full Version : Card vs Guns

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 07:49 PM
Finally I shall soon be online to upsurp so:
For my Vanya frau which would be more apt cards or guns.

EphekZ
Feb 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
use both, you'll find you'll perfer one in a different situation. This can only turn into a flame war, ask for this topic to be locked immediatly, go by what you used, use a friends card and a handgun and see what you like more. there no more questions end of topic. This is a subjective topic so it doesn't matter.

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 09:01 PM
I find it funny that people would rather question what a vanya frau is rather than just saying that.. silly people. Thanks for the info though you are the first to actually answer. voting is half of it.

juno-6
Feb 13, 2007, 09:57 PM
what job are you going for?

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 10:00 PM
Wartecher.

Nani-chan
Feb 13, 2007, 10:05 PM
I think the general consenses is that noone cares. J/k http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'd say cards is better for various reasons in the ranger thread. (when I get enough money I will use dark bullet cards, for two hits for more chances to infect then guns)

However if you dislike cards then guns are just fine too.

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
I think the genral consecious is that they seem to be more intrested in high elven women....
I want somthing more than the pew-pew of guns. And if it's better at SE I think I found it.

Nani-chan
Feb 13, 2007, 10:21 PM
Cards will be SE2 as opposed to hgun SE1, get more accuracy, and hit twice.

Most importantly Itsuki said they're better and that's enough for me. Pathetic, no?

ShinMaruku
Feb 13, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well if it has those properties I think I'll go for them thanks for the info unl;ike the aimless baka who wonder about elf women....

Tsavo
Feb 13, 2007, 11:44 PM
If I remember correctly cards also get a higher elemntal% added to their attack power and have more range than a handgun.

Soukosa
Feb 14, 2007, 01:53 AM
Handgun is not a Card and a Card is not a Handgun. The two act very differently and it really comes down to what you want for the situation. IMHO, Cards are very overated. Sure they can do plenty of spiffy things that handguns can't do but also vice versa. They fire off more slowly and have trouble targetting at times as well, especially when the target is right in front of you.

Sitka
Feb 14, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-02-13 22:53, Sounomi wrote:
Handgun is not a Card and a Card is not a Handgun. The two act very differently and it really comes down to what you want for the situation. IMHO, Cards are very overated. Sure they can do plenty of spiffy things that handguns can't do but also vice versa. They fire off more slowly and have trouble targetting at times as well, especially when the target is right in front of you.

Every weapon has its purpose.

Find what works for you in what situations and use it.

Personally, I prefer crossbows over both guns and cards for short range activities and Longbows and Rifles for long range activities. I favor the spears for the in-close melee when that is appropriate. Otherwise, I use all my weapons in different situations just to give more variety to a game that can become a bit repetitive at times.

CyarVictor
Feb 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
As a fortetecher and when I use a wand, cards seem really good to flick of a shot, then to cast immediately afterwards or to spray infection across the mob. Soon I'll get freeze for another art. At lv11, they'll get a third hit in, so that's three hits each with a chance of status. Actually I find the cards really useful over a pistol, even my two wartecher pals use em over handguns for the fact that you can pretty much fire and forget, tag enemies with ease, and inflict status effects faster than a pistol. I do use the longbow, but thats when there is range between me and the enemy or it's flying though cards can still hit em most of the time, or it's 2 or more Jarbas spread out.

huntlyon
Feb 14, 2007, 12:00 PM
carry both, easy enough... right now I'm carrying 3 Ageha-Kikamis and one ground up B'Duki Re... 3 wands, one single dagger. cards require not nearly as much aiming and a very wide range... get that red reticle and you can hit the dragons, those damn parum mini dragons, omna... it's all good. you will do more damage... however guns have an immediacy and are sometimes more effective for something like bruce's. now that's I've messed around with both, as a WT, I can honestly say you should really consider both... don't bother with more than 1 handgun art, with the level cap at 10, the percent will always be crap and you will never SE anything substantial. cards will cap out at level ten at like 16 percent or something and stay at SE2, decent enough to consider a few PAs.. as it stands right now I use Ice for Cards and Fire for my gun... that's it. trying not to max out my PAs until the Ults are out.

ShinMaruku
Feb 15, 2007, 12:55 AM
I am palnning to rbing both but I want to have more of one thus this topic.

Soukosa
Feb 15, 2007, 04:55 PM
On 2007-02-14 06:52, Sitka wrote:
Every weapon has its purpose.

Find what works for you in what situations and use it.

Personally, I prefer crossbows over both guns and cards for short range activities and Longbows and Rifles for long range activities. I favor the spears for the in-close melee when that is appropriate. Otherwise, I use all my weapons in different situations just to give more variety to a game that can become a bit repetitive at times.

Exactly, but what set me off is that everyone rather blindingly insists that Cards are the greatest thing since sliced bread which they aren't. Yes they are useful on the right classes in certain situations but they aren't an absolute replacement for handguns since the two work so differently.

iono
Feb 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
Using either Fans or Crossbows alone, I can see why someone would think a Handgun still has a place. People like to specialize too much and in PSU, that makes a character weaker. If you actually use both XBow and Fans, get the bullets to 21+ and then tell me you still prefer a Handgun, I'd like you to show me in-game. ^^;; I'm on PC/PS2. If it's about the PP, I just don't understand. You kill slower with a Handgun, therefore spending ~more~ PP to get the same job done as the other 2 guns. Unless you mean you sit there and leach exp off real damage dealers in which case shame on you!

And if you're really missing out on the first person view mode I just want to question why you're not using Rifle, Bow or Twin Handgun for that. One of a Ranger's niches is to be able to kill flyers really well, and by using a Handgun you are nerfing your output and causing the party to kill slower. Also fans usually do the most to flyers except when they fly up way really high, then fp view is needed.

pso123hrf
Feb 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
For SE's, get the Card
For damage, get the Card
For 4 cool daggers that come out of the card with like 1/4 chance of doing the SE, get the Card
To look sexy, get the Card

Amen.

Also crossbows are good since they become the mini-SHOTgun.

:3

Umberger
Feb 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-02-15 19:57, pso123hrf wrote:
Also crossbows are good since they become the mini-SHOTgun.

Wartechers don't have Crossbows. =p

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2007, 01:12 PM
I cant choose because I dont have much info on the cards in PSU. If theyre like the ones in PSO, theyre nice to look at, but, underpowered. Maybe if someone can direct me to some PSU card info, I can better judge. I will say that Ive tried almost every gun there is & the handgun's still a decent wep. Not the best, by any means. But I feel it makes a decent offhand wep. It really just depends on what playstyle you have.

I must admit I havent seen a high level crossbow but how does it become like a mini-shotgun? Does it get multi-shot? If so, then this is true. Still, for crowd control, I have yet to see a better ranged weapon than a shotgun. Specifically, the Shigga Desta. That gun just plain rules! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
Feb 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-02-15 15:30, iono wrote:
Using either Fans or Crossbows alone, I can see why someone would think a Handgun still has a place. People like to specialize too much and in PSU, that makes a character weaker. If you actually use both XBow and Fans, get the bullets to 21+ and then tell me you still prefer a Handgun, I'd like you to show me in-game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; I'm on PC/PS2. If it's about the PP, I just don't understand. You kill slower with a Handgun, therefore spending ~more~ PP to get the same job done as the other 2 guns. Unless you mean you sit there and leach exp off real damage dealers in which case shame on you!

And if you're really missing out on the first person view mode I just want to question why you're not using Rifle, Bow or Twin Handgun for that. One of a Ranger's niches is to be able to kill flyers really well, and by using a Handgun you are nerfing your output and causing the party to kill slower. Also fans usually do the most to flyers except when they fly up way really high, then fp view is needed.

This is for a WT btw. Sometimes, card is too slow, and Bow will just be a hassle, so use a handgun. I perfer using handguns on worms since I can move around and still shoot shit. like I and all the smart people said; They each have a place, use them YOURSELF and see which YOU like better.