PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here bowl?

Ketchup345
Feb 13, 2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone else here bowl at least semi-regularly?

I am not in a league, but I go many Thursday nights and whenever I get the chance (money allowing).

What equipment do you use? The alley's or your own?

Blitzkommando
Feb 13, 2007, 11:37 PM
I would bowl more but having older parents hinders that a bit. I mean, I suppose I could bowl solo but that's not too much fun as part of it is the socializing. I don't know of anyone that enjoys bowling in this area either which also puts a damper on it. However, should I meet someone that does enjoy it and doesn't get injured or strained while playing on a regular basis I would love to. Oh, and I use the alley's equipment due to the infrequentness of my visits.

So, instead I end up going golfing as riding in a cart, or walking, is much less painful for them. I enjoy it as well so that's fine by me.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 13, 2007, 11:57 PM
During the summers' I used to bowl somewhat regularly. Our local alley had a deal where you could bowl two free games a day, and I had my pops' old shoes so I'd get in two free games a day whenever I could. Kinda miss that. Now I usually only get the chance to bowl on the occasional Saturday night blacklight fest, which is annoying due to the overkill of semi-retarded teens and blaring rap music.

Mixfortune
Feb 14, 2007, 12:07 AM
I love to bowl but never really have the means to bowl with others besides the occasional trip with the family at my dad's.

While hard to be willing to bowl alone, it does make for a relaxing hobby when the time's available.

Ketchup345
Feb 14, 2007, 12:47 AM
On 2007-02-13 20:57, Jehosaphaty wrote:
During the summers' I used to bowl somewhat regularly. Our local alley had a deal where you could bowl two free games a day, and I had my pops' old shoes so I'd get in two free games a day whenever I could. Kinda miss that. Now I usually only get the chance to bowl on the occasional Saturday night blacklight fest, which is annoying due to the overkill of semi-retarded teens and blaring rap music.Your blacklight fest sounds similar to our Thursday night thing. All you can bowl from 10PM-1AM for $15 with loud annoying rap playing (DJ of course saying his name very 10 seconds).
The idiots are there too (always in the lane next to my friends and I, who consider ourself semi-serious most of the time). We almost always end up next to someone who dances at the end of the lane when we are going to throw our shot. Once in a great while we get nice, good bowlers, or those who merely need to learn the person to the right goes first (minor annoyance in comparison).

Do you use the lanes' balls? Or do you have your own?

I'd love if our lanes offered the same 2 games a day as yours, I'd be there daily.

I just got a Storm Paradigm Domination recently and have had a plastic Colombia for a while (spare ball now). I may be picking up a Storm Deuce from a friend soon as well. I also have a pair of Brunswick shoes.

-Crokar-
Feb 14, 2007, 05:59 PM
i go bowling all the time. i have my own shoes and ball. i enjoy it. i bowl usually 5 or 6 games a night at least once or twice a week.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
Wii Sports Pro. Get in!

Mitz
Feb 14, 2007, 06:41 PM
Just on my Wii but I threw a perfect game =)

Bot-Bot
Feb 14, 2007, 09:58 PM
I am on a league every Saturday morning. I have my own ball (Storm Tropical Storm) and shoes (Dexter some kind). I average about a 160 on a good morning, but after friday night, it doesn't happen much. XD This is my first year on the league, but my close friend and I went to a late night "unlimited bowling" every Thursday night in the summer. No lights or anything, just 8 bucks for as many games as you can bowl from 9:30 to 11:00. It is super fun, we bowl 10 games, each on our own lanes.

I love to bowl, and I plan on bowling in this league again next year. If your not doing a league, I would definetly recommend getting some friends together and making a team.

Kent
Feb 14, 2007, 10:56 PM
...Does the Wii count?

/176 avg.

Jehosaphaty
Feb 15, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-02-13 21:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

Do you use the lanes' balls? Or do you have your own?

A bowling ball is on my list of purchases, but I just bought a new hardtail Specialized mtn. bike and I need to get a new snowboard, so it's kind of down on the list...I've got largerish hands with fairly goodsize fingers so it's hard for me to find a ball that even remotely fits my hand well when I do get the chance to hit the lanes. As for the shoes, I honestly can't remember the make.

Out of curiousity, who makes a good ball?

Ketchup345
Feb 15, 2007, 01:04 AM
Storm, who has some very nice bowling balls (the 3 in the Paradigm line are nice {having used the paradigm and theParadigm Domination}, and they just introduced the Shift for those who like a huge hook). (Stormbowling for the website)
Ebonite (including Colombia and Hammer) are also popular. (I know less about these brands though).

Ok, and by bowling, I did not mean on the Wii. Wii Sports can be its own topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-02-14 22:05 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Feb 15, 2007, 01:17 AM
I used to way back when, haven't done it for a while now, I probably either suck or have improved due to coordination getting better, hard to say.

-Crokar-
Feb 15, 2007, 02:13 AM
i bought my ball for 40 bucks at k-mart but had to order shoes off the net.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/thefuzzyone2/bs.jpg?t=1171523578

UnderscoreX
Feb 16, 2007, 10:34 AM
I think I fall under the category of one of those idiots who dance during a 'blacklight fest'.
Bowling's fun though, but it's hard to get into seriously because it's... well bowling.

Dek
Feb 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
I used to bowl a lot (in a team) back when I was in middle school...

two 3rd place trophies and a 2nd place trophy =D

Nowadays, I just play Wii Sports http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Frostheart
Feb 16, 2007, 01:06 PM
i bowl

-Crokar-
Feb 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
i bowled two years for league and our team got 1st both times. i also placed 4th in state for doubles. my highest game is a 232 and hold a 160 avg.

norrisj15
Feb 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
i bowl for my high school averaging near a 200 average. yeah so pretty much i dominate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VioletSkye
Feb 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-02-14 15:41, Rizeru wrote:
Just on my Wii but I threw a perfect game =)

heh, i came close. I missed it by 1 strike. I think I ended up with something like 264.

As for RL bowling, I haven't gone in quite awhile but I still enjoy when I get the chance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif