PDA

View Full Version : Pal Rappies in Fake in Yellow

Munki
Dec 2, 2002, 10:00 PM
It is possible to get the Pal Rappy to appear in Fake in Yellow, isn't it? The Al rappy would appear in the other difficulties, but I haven't seen a single Pal Rappy forever in the Ult version of the quest. I know it can take some time, but is it that much rarer than the AL rappy was?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 2, 2002, 10:10 PM
No. Encounter rates are the same.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 2, 2002, 11:29 PM
yes it can happen. either telepipi or do the quests a lot. i got mine in oran like that and got a star amplifier from it. damnit now why cant i find that stupid spirit garment?!

Munki
Dec 2, 2002, 11:45 PM
Well, I finally found some (3 of em!) but all they have dropped was an amazingly rare Monogrinder, 1800 Meseta and an Antidote!

Curses!

Munki
Dec 3, 2002, 01:52 AM
ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! I have encountered 6 Pal Rappies today just going through the Fake in Yellow quest.

Not a single red box. Funny enough, I have got 2 stag cutlery from just regular ol El Rappies! Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? I am Pinkal, and the VHard Al rappies gave me Elysions almost every time (well the 3 that I saw). I was trying to verify the Item Drop DB listing of pinkal, which has True Agito AND Red Handgun listed. But they aren't dropping ANY rares! Am I doing something wrong?

Munki
Dec 3, 2002, 02:50 PM
Ok, I have now killed 10 Pal Rappies while in the Fake in Yellow quest. I have not recieved a single rare item. The only things I can come up with to explain this are;

1. I am not high level enough. Maybe rare drops are influenced by level? I am currently 86.

2. You can't get red boxes from Pal Rappies in Fake in Yellow quest.

ok I guess there is a 3 as well. I am just freakin unlucky.

Anyway, if any of these findings ring true with anyone else, please let me know. I SOOOOOO hate those Pal Rappies now.

Boozie
Dec 3, 2002, 03:07 PM
ROFL.....every time i see a pal rappy in Fak in Yellow i get a GUARD WAVE!!!! I always find rares off rare enemies. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i got a guard wave with only 1 slot however......sadly, my other 6 guard waves have none... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Munki
Dec 3, 2002, 03:11 PM
Boozie, what level were you when you found these Guard Waves?

I hope that is the only reason why I am not finding rares (level). I hope I am not unlucky or something. Or maybe the Item drop list is wrong and pinkal gets NOTHING for Pal Rappies (wouldn't that bite!)

Cheech
Dec 3, 2002, 03:23 PM
A lot of people are having problems getting Pal Rappy drops with the Pinkal ID. Considering you get the True Agito from the Pal rappy, I don't see why it wouldn't be hard.

Munki
Dec 3, 2002, 03:32 PM
Okay I can buy into that theory... the items it drops are pretty damn good, I have to agree. I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, too low a level, etc. I mean, I killed 10 of the sunofaguns. Oh well, I will keep trying! Thanks for the help guys

VulpesMundi
Dec 3, 2002, 05:12 PM
Keep this one simple rule of thumb in mind, which has been in place since the very beginning of PSO back in ver.1.

The better the item sought after, the harder it's going to be to find it.

I know it can be frustrating at times. Just keep trying and you'll eventually hit paydirt.

Robantifast
Feb 4, 2003, 04:55 PM
Ya, I've been piping for an angel harp for the past hour from a pal rappy...no luck so far, although I found 3 pal rappys...
My unbelievably lucky cousin found a real agito from a Pal Rappy with his pinkal hunter just PLAYING THROUGH THE LEVEL. Not that I'm bitter or anything...*grumbles*

ZethXX
Feb 4, 2003, 05:09 PM
I tried tping, but it never worked for me, so I just kept running through the Fake in Yellow quest and had better luck finding Pal Rappies that way, it took me about 3 or 4 Pal Rappies to find a Guard Wave, I was a lvl 75 greenil I think at the time I found it...

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 05:32 PM
Pinkal, FOmar...10 Pal Rappys and I quit trying, stupid birds piss me off. I had read that one guy at this forum had tried 18 times and received nothing. Another person found 14 and on the 14th it dropped the Agito (1975). I don't really care, the real agito is weaker than I thought it would be, 280 ATP no? I'm talking about the 1975 version, not OROTI.
Now I know why in that description of what rare creature you are, if you have a Pal Rappy, it says "You sure hate Pinkal" because those fat little turds do hate Pinkal...BTW, anyone found a fat HUGE Pal Rappy? twould be interesting

FluxGryphon
Feb 4, 2003, 05:38 PM
Wow, I found two Pal Rappies with my Viridia RAmar and on the second one he dropped a Red Scorpio. (First one dropped a Dimate.) Guess it isn't that great of a find, but I needed a better Photon Launcher. He was on level 95 or so, by the way.

Piping for them in the room with eight El Rappies is the best way to go. Doesn't take too long for one to appear...Though I kinda wonder if your time wouldn't be better spent just going through Fake In Yellow over and over and actually earning experience. (That's always the down side to the Telepipe Trick.)

VulpesMundi
Feb 4, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-02-04 14:32, Remnant wrote:
BTW, anyone found a fat HUGE Pal Rappy? twould be interesting

As a matter of fact, I found one (my very first one) last night. I've even got the snapshot to prove it (too bad I can't upload it currently). Call it a godscend, but I got what I was after out of his fat ass: a useful Guard Wave. Wound up with a second Guard Wave about an hour later, too. lol

On 2003-02-04 14:38, FluxGryphon wrote:
Piping for them in the room with eight El Rappies is the best way to go. Doesn't take too long for one to appear...Though I kinda wonder if your time wouldn't be better spent just going through Fake In Yellow over and over and actually earning experience. (That's always the down side to the Telepipe Trick.)

Using the TP trick may or may not be worth it depending on the circumstances. For example: I was using Kyriel, a level 40-ish RAcaseal, to get those Guard Waves. You can imagine how slow that could be going through just one trip of Fake in Yellow. I found it more convenient to just TP for the Pals in that case (the room with eight rappies makes it work quickly). If I had a high level/power character doing that and could run through the quest in around fifteen minutes, then sure it'd be more worthwhile to fight instead of TP (which is what I did with StarrLight to get an Angel Harp and Li'l Starr to get the Sacred Cloths and Red Handguns).

*Wonders if Munki ever got that Agito.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-04 15:06 ]</font>

Makaze
Feb 4, 2003, 06:06 PM
Yes, Pal Rappies are a pain in the arse. These are the only rare enemies i've fought that have not dropped the rare item they are "supposed" to drop, on my first sighting of them.

Palimak
Feb 4, 2003, 08:47 PM
Every rare enemy I kill drops something I can't use. I guess being a Viridia HUcaseal wasn't a smart pick. All I find are shots(can never use), Photon Launchers (same), and Partisan type stuff(Basicaly just crap even though I can use them). MY Real Agito drops off a friggen Tallow. What are my chances of ever seeing one of those drop a red box...unless of course it's a photon drop...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 09:06 PM
IMO your chances are extremely low...I know how you feel, though the item I am supposed to get isn't as rare (Luminous Field), that jerk-off doesn't drop a thing...I've done HS a few times now, played multiple Forest quests and been through Ultimate Forest probably about 20 times and still nothing...I guess your best bet would be playing HS, as would be mine if I want that armor...which I do! >=|

Daybringer
Feb 4, 2003, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I have found 6 so far doing that telepipe trick and so far I got all Mesetas, yay. Anyway the last one I found was incredibly fat, when it dropped down it stood out like a fat woman wearing flip-flops in a marathon.

Anyway I have noticed that certain beats are good for finding rares enemies for Pinkal. It seems like my best time for finding rare enemies is 420-520 beats. I started telepiping at 326 beats in a room with 3 Hidelts I did not find one single Hildetorr but the moment at which it hit 420 beats I found 1, it didn't drop anything good, but I found one. I redid the quest and started telepiping again on my 3rd time in the same room as abefore I found another (don't know what time it was). This one also dropped crap. I redid the quest AGAIN and found another rare Hildetorr, the time was 518 beats. this one killed me and I forgot my scape dolls, so I never found what it would drop. The next day I started at about 360 beats and played the same quest, same room and at 425 I found another, this one also dropped crap. I played the same thing again, and found another rare at 483. This one Finally dropped my rare Star Amplifier! After this I decided to get that True Agito so I did Fake in Yellow I decided to test my theory again I began at 345 and played and found a Pal rappy at 428 He dropped crap, I played again found one at 516 this also dropped crap after that I telepiped for 2 and half more hours (forgot beat), but couldn't fidn another, so anytime I try to look for Rare rappies I look between the beats of 420-520 and have found 4 total in only 2 times of playing these beats. I do know that this theory was not very well done, as I have not tried searching at all times of the day, but it does seem to help me out. If anybody else would like to try this out, please post the results here. Thank you.

Raist
Feb 4, 2003, 09:28 PM
The 27th pal rappy i killed dropped the 1975 Agito, i celebrated and will never look for a pal rappy with my force again.

Oranjuice
Feb 4, 2003, 09:42 PM
Pinkal Fomar here, found pal rappy my first run through forest. Got a ton of meseta, then got killed and lost it all, hehehehe. I think the beat theory is right, but I get rares in forest between 260 and 280 mostly. Caves in the 480's, Mines I don't know. Ruins around lower 500's, if I rememer these correctly. I know the forest is a definite.

VulpesMundi
Feb 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
The thought of beat times effecting rare enemy appearances was long ago disproved by a whole slew of varying beat times from different people. Most people who see rare enemies between a certain set of beats will find, if they look closely, that that's when they usually play, so of course they're going to find rare critters at those times (if they find them). It's all just luck of the draw. Some get lucky, some eventually get lucky, some don't get lucky at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-04 20:02 ]</font>

Sapphire87
Feb 4, 2003, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking of trying the TP trick on the DC versions. But I need to know if Al Rappies will still drop mag cells if it's in a quest.

Cross689
Feb 4, 2003, 11:18 PM
do viridias find any thing good for a lvl 80 RAmarl??? all i have found is infernos (too slow) bravaces (im usin em good % but too average) and red scorpios(dont like p launchers) i could have got a red saber or sumin from a hildetorr but i never knew they had megid(nice way to learn....) and died and am getting my ass owned in ult mines.btw anyone know how to get the love/safety hearts???

edit:hehe back to topic yah read my sig and pals like me they give me crap ass red scorpios every time all 4

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross689 on 2003-02-04 20:22 ]</font>

FluxGryphon
Feb 5, 2003, 01:18 AM
Here's a link to the comics section at PSOQUEST V4. I feel the comic on the top is most relevant to this topic.

http://www.psoquest.com/pso-hidden2.shtml

BTW, so far I haven't gotten anything terrific with Viridia other than numerous versions of Final Impact (the best IMO is the one with 25% to hit). One of these days I'll go hunt that Frozen Shooter with my Greennil RAmarl...But first I'd like to have a level 100 character to look for 50% Hit Vulcans in the shop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The task at hand though is to look for another Red Scorpio with STATS! Mwahahaha...And then it's off to find those Mil Lilies and their God/Power!

*sigh* So much to do...

ShadowCaster
Feb 5, 2003, 09:48 PM
LOL i think its funny because, first fake in yellow quest, second room, 3 pal rappies, 1500 mesata, digrinder, and TRUE AGITO!!!!!!! or actually Agito (1975) SO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Remnant
Feb 6, 2003, 01:18 AM
Dam this game, 3 rappys and someone got the dam 1975 agito! Another person 27, wtf!? <sigh> The HIldetorr I did find at three different times in one day perhaps within a certain beat time period, the third one dropped my star amp, which I used to make a brightness circle when combined with spirit garment. I remember finding most if not all of my Pal rappys in the morning. I want to believe the "beat time theory." Perhaps rare items are dropped more often, or rare monsters found, at particular beat times, or perhaps some sort of luck increases...

About this being disproved, it must coincidental then that a friend of mine found smoking plate and DF Field within feet of each other, one found the day after the first in the same room obviously. Could be lying, but I believe him. Have to pay attention to beat times now and check things out, it could explain why I spent an hour or so telepiping back and forth on Ultimate Temple looking for a stupid Mil lilly and Love Rappy.

VulpesMundi
Feb 6, 2003, 06:36 AM
I think I have one of the best examples as to why there is no effect from beat time and that it is truly all luck of the draw...

One night I spent two hours piping in Addicting Food to finally get a Nar Lily to appear. The next night, between those same two hours, I piped once and got a Nar Lily, restarted the quest, got back to the room (still within those two hours), piped three times and got another Nar Lily. Now you tell me how it's possible beat time has an effect if roughly during the same beat times one night I go for two hours and the next I go mere minutes. I rest my case. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

From my observations, PSO uses a constant variable system that runs even when presumably nothing is going on. If you've ever studied computerized slot machines you'd know that they do the exact same thing. It's quite feasable that what a person is after will be passed over because the variable runs through the system at the wrong time. Then again, though not likely, it is possible that two good variables will hit at the right time very close to each other, if not simultaneously. I'm fortunate to have actually had that happen, as I've seen two Pal Rappies appear simultaneously in the same wave of enemies (and have a snapshot to prove it, I just can't upload it currently). If my estimates on this variable system are correct, it effects rare enemies, item drops, and random adverse status effects (ie. the random freeze by using a Frozen Shooter). I could be wrong, but logic tells me I'm going in the right direction with this.

dys0r
Feb 6, 2003, 09:14 AM
I've never seen a friggin' Pal Rappy, and I've done Fake in Yellow at least 15 times in Ultimate now. I'm a level 114 Pinkal FOmarl, and still have to see a Pal Rappy. God... if I ever find one, I hope I don't get crap...

Malecite
Feb 6, 2003, 09:46 AM
You will get crap if your pinkal... But anyways paly rappys aren't to hard to find! After all I got one in the middle room in FIY quest where theres like 8. I only had to TP in 3 times and the little bugger had a nice red scorpio for me.