PDA

View Full Version : Offline "secret" PAs question.

Fearthewolf
Feb 14, 2007, 02:14 PM
Are there any hidden factors when it comes to trying to acquire said PAs from NPCs when you get an S-rank? I'm currently trying to get the double-saber PA from Lou and she's being awfully stingy (no items at all from her) after the large amount of Creature Discomfort S-rank runs. I'm just curious if thats normal or not.

Natrokos
Feb 14, 2007, 02:33 PM
Some people have trouble...Keep at it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Schubalts
Feb 14, 2007, 05:22 PM
Completely random when they'll give you a PA. Just keep trying.

Zorafim
Feb 14, 2007, 05:26 PM
You're successfully getting S ranks on creature discomfort? You have to tell me how you do that. I could barely do it at lv100.

Fearthewolf
Feb 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
Well, you have to get 1 min 50 secs or below to s rank it. What I do is have twin daggers (with 20% ice store bought) with renkai at lvl 11 and twin pistols with ice on them. I start off by killing those flying guys with the pistols, then the koltovas, then the group after that. After those 3 groups, I switch to the daggers and spamspamspam my way to the end. Best time I got was around 1 min 38 seconds.

It annoys me that with all this, Lou *still* hasn't given me a thing =(

P.S. this is all at level 20.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fearthewolf on 2007-02-14 14:49 ]</font>

Amalga
Feb 14, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-02-14 14:26, Zorafim wrote:
You're successfully getting S ranks on creature discomfort? You have to tell me how you do that. I could barely do it at lv100.

You have to complete the whole thing in under 1:50, and destroy all 25 enemies. The only enemies you may have overlooked are the two Shagreeth off the path that veers right when you first enter the area (the left will yield two Koltova).

2 Shagreeth
2 Koltova
2 Vahra
2 Koltova

3 Vahra
2 Koltova

12 Vahra

Makes up for a total of 25. You really need to move fast, though, and try to kill multiple enemies whenever possible (Rising Strike works wonders). Also, use a powerful ranged weapon for the Shagreeth to take them down without having to wastetime moving in for melee attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Amalga on 2007-02-14 20:26 ]</font>

Axel3792
Feb 15, 2007, 09:55 AM
On 2007-02-14 20:25, Amalga wrote:
You have to complete the whole thing in under 1:50, and destroy all 25 enemies.

1:50!? O.o

Fearthewolf
Feb 15, 2007, 04:05 PM
I still feel like theres something else that factors into how you get them to give you a PA. Still, after a great deal of runs (i probably should've wrote down how many I've done for the sake of argument) she has given me absolutely nothing. On the other hand, I did some runs with Karen and she gave me renkai. I *guess* lou's droprate could be somewhere in the single digit precentile. =/

Amalga
Feb 15, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-02-15 06:55, Axel3792 wrote:

On 2007-02-14 20:25, Amalga wrote:
You have to complete the whole thing in under 1:50, and destroy all 25 enemies.

1:50!? O.o

That's not as hard as it sounds. Creature Discomfort is a ridiculously short stage. Just keep moving, and stop only to attack (spam your PA's) multiple enemies at once. Simple. My fastest time was 1:34.

On 2007-02-15 13:05, Fearthewolf wrote:
I still feel like theres something else that factors into how you get them to give you a PA. Still, after a great deal of runs (i probably should've wrote down how many I've done for the sake of argument) she has given me absolutely nothing. On the other hand, I did some runs with Karen and she gave me renkai. I *guess* lou's droprate could be somewhere in the single digit precentile. =/

I've gotten Karen's Renkai PA several times, as well. It may be that Lou's PA is simply rare, so its drop rate would be very low as you mentioned. From what I recall, the Renkai that Karen uses is available in shops, isn't it?

Fearthewolf
Feb 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yessir.

On a side note, I tried mixing it up by filling up the party with other npcs that have PAs i want. Not too long after I did that, Hyuga gave me assault crush. I think Lou will definitely be the last NPC i try this with before I go on my merry way.

RS
Feb 15, 2007, 10:46 PM
It's a small chance (around 1 in 10) a party member will reward you with an exclusive PA.So keep at it and good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RS on 2007-02-15 20:16 ]</font>

Tycho
Feb 16, 2007, 04:43 PM
They need to 'like' you. Not kidding.
Need to play with them lots to increase it.

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
Ive S ranked quests I didnt think I could. But the one quest where you need 1:50 I have yet to do. Ive moved fast like you wouldnt believe & my best was 1:52. Two seconds, I know! Of course, I havent done this quest in awhile & I should try again. Still, if you just haul ass, kill enemies & dont stop for a single box, you should be able to S rank it. Ive done this & yet, not gotten the rank. Go figure...