PDA

View Full Version : What monsters are immune to each SE?

RadiantLegend
Feb 14, 2007, 04:23 PM
Like kamatouzu, Jarba, megid tengohg .....

SolomonGrundy
Feb 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-02-14 13:23, Ragolismine wrote:

oddly, I am able to silence vandas...but they still breath fire and hive sorceres...but they are still able to cast spells.

:-/

Carbinne
Feb 14, 2007, 06:40 PM
I know you can't burn the roving tank-type monsters, and I'm pretty sure svaltus-types are also fire proof. Some monsters have a shield that make them practically impossible to status (Vandas in VoC for example) except by traps. I am pretty sure that I've never seen a rifle-shocked Bil De Vear ever. And Silence never goes off on Jarbas.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 14, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-02-14 15:40, Carbinne wrote:
I know you can't burn the roving tank-type monsters, and I'm pretty sure svaltus-types are also fire proof. Some monsters have a shield that make them practically impossible to status (Vandas in VoC for example) except by traps. I am pretty sure that I've never seen a rifle-shocked Bil De Vear ever. And Silence never goes off on Jarbas.

will fire G traps burn vandanas?

Soukosa
Feb 14, 2007, 09:54 PM
Enemies with a shield but no cane or boot icons will get a boost to STA from that. I think all enemies that have the sword icon get a boost to STA from that as well. So yeah, the buffed Vandas are rather resistant if not immune to non-trap SEs.

I've been planning to make a chart that lists what SEs will work on each enemy and then some additional information for gunner classes, just been busy with other things lately. Now that there is possibly some desire for such a thing I'll have to try to get to it rather soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Randomness
Feb 14, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-02-14 18:54, Sounomi wrote:
Enemies with a shield but no cane or boot icons will get a boost to STA from that. I think all enemies that have the sword icon get a boost to STA from that as well. So yeah, the buffed Vandas are rather resistant if not immune to non-trap SEs.

I've been planning to make a chart that lists what SEs will work on each enemy and then some additional information for gunner classes, just been busy with other things lately. Now that there is possibly some desire for such a thing I'll have to try to get to it rather soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Well, for the most part, everything thats big with lots of HP seems to be burnable, and do we really care about burning the small fry that get juggled by hunters anyways?

Golto
Feb 14, 2007, 10:59 PM
Carrigines seems to be immune to every se a ranger has. I've only seen defuffs work on them.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 15, 2007, 03:14 AM
Well, for the most part, everything thats big with lots of HP seems to be burnable, and do we really care about burning the small fry that get juggled by hunters anyways?

*coff* soloing *coff*

Sephlock
Feb 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
Non-Fortetecher soloing is a myth, as far as I can tell.

Either that, or people take about six hours to complete a single mission.

SabZero
Feb 15, 2007, 08:56 AM
The bots in Grove of fanatics are immune to silence - not even a trap used by protranser does it.

Edit: they infect well though (virus) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2007-02-15 09:52 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 15, 2007, 09:08 AM
All robots are immune to burn as far as I can tell too.

And Sephlock- I solo with a Fortegunner/Fortefighter, it does take a little while though.

akratic
Feb 15, 2007, 01:39 PM
Do traps work on Carraguines?

Oh, and I tear it up soloing as a fortegunner and guntecher. Sure I can't go quickly through every level, but I can do quite a bit with ease.

Golto
Feb 15, 2007, 02:58 PM
I know even prots using traps on Carraguines didn't work before the trap tweak. A prot I know says they still don't work.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 15, 2007, 02:59 PM
On soloing.

Depends on the Area. I can solo several A rank missions in Parnum, and have S ranked the first mission.

In Neudiaz I can solo any mission that does not have Tengohs (and even ones that do, up to B rank - takes too long though)

In Moatoob, I can solo a few B rank missions...and it's touch and go at that. Moatoob's cheaty monsters are annoying.

Basically the only thing that stops Fortefighter is opposing techs (fire/ice), megids, and thing which take half damage from melee AND have a ton of HPs. I hear Figunners, and Wartechers are the ultimate solo classes.

OdinTyler
Feb 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
I dont think any enemy is 'immune' to any specific element. Some elements just affect certain enemies more than others. Here are some good rules to go by:

Fire enemy: Use Ice
Ice enemy: Use Fire
Ground enemy: Use Thunder
Mechanical (Thunder) enemy: Use Ground
Light enemy: Use Dark
Dark enemy: Use Light

Makes sense, right? Well, you also gotta factor in the TYPE of enemy it is. Silence (from ground) would work better on a casting enemy (you'd think so, anyway).

It all comes down to experimentation (which Im still doing), but, for the most part, the above stated rules pretty much come into play.

RadiantLegend
Feb 17, 2007, 01:58 PM
<_< we know that already, some mobs dont just take other SEs.

Soukosa
Feb 26, 2007, 05:21 AM
Sorry it took so long but I finally finished the chart listing what SEs can be used on each enemy. It's divided up by planet and lists their size and STA stat as well.

URL: http://psu.amesani.org/project/enemy/status.php

RadiantLegend
Feb 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
Great Work.

Neith
Feb 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
Really useful Sounomi, thanks a lot.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 26, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-02-17 10:15, OdinTyler wrote:
I dont think any enemy is 'immune' to any specific element. Some elements just affect certain enemies more than others. Here are some good rules to go by:

Fire enemy: Use Ice
Ice enemy: Use Fire
Ground enemy: Use Thunder
Mechanical (Thunder) enemy: Use Ground
Light enemy: Use Dark
Dark enemy: Use Light

Makes sense, right? Well, you also gotta factor in the TYPE of enemy it is. Silence (from ground) would work better on a casting enemy (you'd think so, anyway).

Sorry Odin, hate to contradict you, but SE application has nothing to do with element, and everything to do with Stamina, and leader type (shield, boot, etc). I can freeze lapucia (the birds in moatoob) with ease, however the Jisargas (or whatever - the 4 legged enemies with the mohawks running down thier spine) are more resistant.

Both enemies arer ice types.

If there is one question I would like to see answered, it is if you can silence spell casters AND IT WILL STOP THEM FROM CASTING.

I have seen the sorcerers in C/B rank ive silenced, and gleefully shooting foie

CyarVictor
Feb 26, 2007, 02:36 PM
You can Virus/Freeze Svaltus and Bil De Vears(burnable too). You can virus dark enemies. It all depends on the SE level and the amount of hits like kikamis have an esy time, yet though, limited status infliction. Same goes with the damu- spells. Oddly damfoie/damdiga can inflict burn/poison on Polvahras even though they only have SE2.

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-02-14 13:23, Ragolismine wrote:

What's a megid tengohg?

RadiantLegend
Feb 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
Jusnagun

didnt know their name at the time.

XDeviousX
Feb 28, 2007, 05:25 PM
Silence needs fixed, BADLY. Nothing ever stops casting when "silenced" but they get a nice purple ring/glow to insult you with as they cast through your se you set...

amtalx
Feb 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
The ONLY thing I have ever silenced and made a difference is the Golgomons (sp?) It prevents them from throwing that barta garbage. Its actually pretty funny. They just stand there waiting for the SE to wear off while they get pummeled to death.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 1, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-02-28 20:42, amtalx wrote:
The ONLY thing I have ever silenced and made a difference is the Golgomons (sp?) It prevents them from throwing that barta garbage. Its actually pretty funny. They just stand there waiting for the SE to wear off while they get pummeled to death.

I'm the only idiot with leveled Ground Bullets...what a waste of time. I thought it it was going to be so great for area that enemies cast spells in. I was thinking how great it would be to silence jarbras, for instance.

AC9breaker
Mar 1, 2007, 08:19 AM
On 2007-02-26 02:21, Sounomi wrote:
Sorry it took so long but I finally finished the chart listing what SEs can be used on each enemy. It's divided up by planet and lists their size and STA stat as well.

URL: http://psu.amesani.org/project/enemy/status.php

Something that I find questionable. The list doesn't seem to show that Carrigune is effected bu the debuffs like Jellen Zalure etc. I know I've been able to stick my debuffs as guntecher on him. A mistake perhaps? Also De Ragon and De Ragnus are susceptible to Burn and Poison?

Tycho
Mar 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-03-01 05:19, AC9breaker wrote:
Something that I find questionable. The list doesn't seem to show that Carrigune is effected bu the debuffs like Jellen Zalure etc. I know I've been able to stick my debuffs as guntecher on him. A mistake perhaps? Also De Ragon and De Ragnus are susceptible to Burn and Poison?

The data it was based on was right at least -- my own adaption (* (http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Monsters)) lists Caligain as being susceptible to a few of them including J/Z.

Soukosa
Mar 2, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-03-01 05:19, AC9breaker wrote:

What's listed is what the PSU Perfect Bible has and things can always change since it was made (alot of it is already out of date). I checked this on my way to the new Hive mission earlier and it does seem Carriguine can be zalure'd. Didn't have the other two debuffs so I couldn't check those at the time.