View Full Version : News and Views from The Onion

RuneLateralus
Dec 2, 2002, 11:44 PM
Cover page:

http://www.frisbee-dog.com/uploads2/onion_copy.jpg

U.S. Deploys Very Special Forces To Iraq

Page 2:

Unkept Japanese Man Must Be Some Sort of Artist Or Something

PITTSBURGH-After passing a haggard-looking Japanese man on the street Monday, area resident Gary Webber concluded that the guy must be some sort of artist or poet or something. "Normally, you would see a guy dressed in dirty, ripped coat with his hair all scuffed up, you figure he's just poor. But this guy was Japanese," Webber said. I bet he 's in town to do some kind of art opening. Or maybe a book signing. Whoever he is, he's got to be somebody."

Page 4:

Name of the headline: There's No 'My Kid Has Cancer' In Team

Page 5:

Opinions on Hiliary in 2004?:

Rob Coyne, Systems Analyst: "She's got a good shot, as long as no one blows her up, causing her faceplate to fall off revealing the gears and diodes beneath."

Bob Houdel, Cashier: "Would she have female Secret Service agents? Because that would be pretty sexy."

Annette Peterson, Homemaker: "Hillary would make a greawt president. But she'd probably ask her girlfriends for advice, and I just don't trust that Sharon."

Bob Van Eeghen, Lawyer: "No, no-you don't understand: The 19th Amendment gives women the right to vote for president, that's all." (that is so wrong...but so God damn funny!)

And for those of you short on chat-room lingo, they have an article to show you all the abbreviations on pg 5. And here they are:

LODLSM: Logged On Dressed Like Sailor Moon

XIF: Christ, I'm Fat

DYHTNTMBG?: Did You Hear The New They Might Be Giants?

18/F/NYC: Pockmarked 46 Year Old in a Bath Robe

IHTWBSAP: I Have Trouble With Basic Spelling and Punctuation

NTBUSWAB: Not to Bring Up Star Wars Again, But...

TOMTB: Taking Off My Training Bra

CILYIMBF?: Can I Lock You in My Basement Forever?

HOGMP: Hang On. Getting More Pringles

WSTS: Weeping Silently To Self.

And they got Horoscopes on page 16:

AQUARIUS: You will recieve a formal letter from Johnny Cash stating, in no certain terms, that he is very disappointed in you.

(I just like this one) PISCES: Remeber: Sincerity is all well and good, but your suit and haircut are what the jury sees first.

I love the Onion! Best newspaper (if you can call it that...and not to mentino free) to read while downtown!

Abaddon
Dec 3, 2002, 06:09 AM
that sounds mighty fruity.
where can u find it?

BlackRose
Dec 3, 2002, 09:42 AM
http://www.theonion.com