PDA

View Full Version : Freezing in PSO servers?

SeiferA
Dec 3, 2002, 10:22 AM
Last night, I encountered a freeze in the game while playing Caves2 with my friends online. Thing is, they all apparantly encountered the same freeze (Well, one of them as well anyway). The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. When the game freezes, it leaves an annoying buzz sound, and it's impossible to reset so you have to turn off the system.

Has this ever happened to anybody else? I was wondering if it's because my Gamecube is modded, but I'm not sure...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeiferA on 2002-12-03 07:23 ]</font>

Tavia
Dec 3, 2002, 01:04 PM
Are you using the domestic or import version?

If you are using the import version, this is, to the best of my knowledge, the primary error which PSO:EPI&II v1.1 was released to repair. If you are using the domestic version, I have no clue what went wrong, but I have not experienced it myself.

The only problem I was having was, after disconnecting -- not before -- I would get a BSOD and the game would never successfully save. Hooking up a router and changing the GC's connection to DHCP from PPPoE completely cleared that up for me, though.

SeiferA
Dec 3, 2002, 03:04 PM
I got the domestic version. I also forgot to mention that I lose all of the items I have except for the ones equipped and in the bank.

Tavia
Dec 3, 2002, 04:54 PM
What kind of connection do you have?

SeiferA
Dec 3, 2002, 08:14 PM
Cable

HC82
Dec 3, 2002, 10:50 PM
It also tends to happen to people in the lobby. When transporting to a lobby thats somewhat full the game will sometimes freeze, as it has alot of loading to do.

Very lame glitch which is also in the US version.

SeiferA
Dec 4, 2002, 11:07 PM
If this is the case, then it would be a hell of a lot more helpful if Sega actually made the same amount of servers like in the Dreamcast version (Especially since the number of people logging into the game at one time is starting to grow a bit...)

ForteMP3
Dec 17, 2002, 11:43 AM
I've heard a way to get around item loss in an FSOD situation goes something like this...

-Unplug your modem (Be it BBA or 56k)

-Switch the GC's power off

-Wait 1 to 2 minutes

-Plug your modem back in

-Power up your GC

The post has probably been taken down a few pages, since it was on the GameFAQs board, but a few people claimed this method has saved their stuff. I can't comment, as I don't play online, but I hope it helps those who do.