PDA

View Full Version : So, why did wartekkers get ripped off in the s rank departme

Bluepheonix
Feb 18, 2007, 12:00 PM
Just seems unfair that all they get is daggers, and the fact that fighgunner can also have s rank daggers kinda makes nothin exclusive to them...

Just later on when the s ranks do come out, most people, will be changing.

Like gunteacher and forte gunner, they get S rank handgun exculive to them, and fote gunner does not.

Randomness
Feb 18, 2007, 12:08 PM
They get bows, which is nice, they can heal...

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 12:14 PM
As true as that may be... You can use magic which is something that you shouldn't over look. Once most figh's run outta PP for their weapons, we can be pretty average. I think it's better if you look at the positives of your class more than the negatives. You know, most A rank weapons are gonna be more powerful than their S-rank counterparts for A LONG time once A grinders are released *les go spring*.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
who cares about S rank weapons?

Golto
Feb 18, 2007, 12:30 PM
Unless they're hacked most people will not have any sranks for a long time. Sranks are overrated just like the noob armor sori senba. So no use crying about sranks for a year or so.

foamcup
Feb 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
If all you care about is the S-Ranks, then you need to GTFO NUBCAKE! Go play something else!

CelestialBlade
Feb 18, 2007, 12:37 PM
Just wait till we can grind our A-ranks, then you won't care too much about S-ranks.

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-02-18 09:37, foamcup wrote:
If all you care about is the S-Ranks, then you need to GTFO NUBCAKE! Go play something else!

Um? A lil harsh and uncalled for? o_O we have a hard enough time keeping people here...

Tsavo
Feb 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
We got jipped out of S-ranks and lvl 20 skills because were like the most balanced class in the game. Wartechers have an anwser in any given situation and can heal and self buff. Much as I might like even lvl 20 bullets or a shiny S-rank the fact is we'd probably be broken with them.

Mattardo
Feb 18, 2007, 12:56 PM
Yeh, people are generally dicks on this forum. I used to love Wartekker until I found out I could only have 36 Photon Arts at a time. The S weapons didn't really phase me, because for most of my career as a Wartekker (7 class levels) I used double knives and a single dagger coupled with a gun or card-gun anyways. But yes, Sega likes to make crazy decisions on certain things. For those people who think that the healing makes up for the lack of S weps, however, remember that Wartekkers only get level 20 skills in melee and tech. So it's not like S weps would make them more godly than you, you jealous little pricks.

foamcup
Feb 18, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-02-18 09:48, -Rune- wrote:

Um? A lil harsh and uncalled for? o_O we have a hard enough time keeping people here...

But we don't need noobs who think S-Ranks are the only weapons worth having, because unless the boards are sold at the synth shop, they aren't. +10 9* gear will be better, because grinding an S-Rank is crazy talk unless you take the time to get like 20 of the weapon you want to grind.

Turambar
Feb 18, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-02-18 10:01, foamcup wrote:

But we don't need noobs who think S-Ranks are the only weapons worth having, because unless the boards are sold at the synth shop, they aren't. +10 9* gear will be better, because grinding an S-Rank is crazy talk unless you take the time to get like 20 of the weapon you want to grind.

We also don't need noobs who bite other's heads off for having an opinion of the game that differs from their own norm.

That said, S-Ranks are a tad over rated in the stats department. But this wouldn't be the first time someone has viewed their aesthetics at great value, so *shrug*.

PJ
Feb 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-02-18 09:24, Shiroryuu wrote:

I don't care about them being stronger or anything, but I DO care that they look different and awesome.

The sole reason my beast isn't a Protranser, and why I have 2 Fortefighters.

Bluepheonix
Feb 18, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-02-18 10:17, Turambar wrote:

We also don't need noobs who bite other's heads off for having an opinion of the game that differs from their own norm.

That said, S-Ranks are a tad over rated in the stats department. But this wouldn't be the first time someone has viewed their aesthetics at great value, so *shrug*.

Errr im not botherd about the s ranks i was just woundering, why they had nothing exclusive...., like gun tekker does, they have bows and a wand, bullets up to 30 and techs 10, and have eclusive s rank weps just for them.

Tsavo
Feb 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-02-18 10:24, Bluepheonix wrote:

Errr im not botherd about the s ranks i was just woundering, why they had nothing exclusive...., like gun tekker does, they have bows and a wand, bullets up to 30 and techs 10, and have eclusive s rank weps just for them.

Well lets give it some time shall we? This game isn't even a year old yet. Who knows what ST is up to.

Pure-chan
Feb 18, 2007, 01:49 PM

I'll second that, especially when the OP's topic is more along the lines of: 'are WT's getting screwed by not getting an exclusive S rank?' and not: 'S ranks are the onry wep worth using.'

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 02:06 PM
Truthfully there's not too many S-rank weapons out there that are MUST HAVE for me, more of a "since i found it, it's nice to have weapon". The only S-Rank I MUST HAVE for myself is a Kamui http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif It's not strong nor do I need it to be, it was just my fave weapon aside from flight cutters, because I consider myself a ninja. I don't even know if it's gonna be released ._.

Almalexia
Feb 18, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well, wartechers are both melee and healer. Whichever "card" in thier deck they wish to pull. S rank single daggers huh... Single daggers are great for just one thing: Buten Shuren-zan. With proper use of this supportive PA, Wartechers would virtually be unkillable. You don't need an S rank for that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. And look on the bright side. . .Protransers don't get any S ranks at all. And for some of thier A ranks, they wont even have the ATP use yet. Thier not complaining, so why should you? Be happy with what you have and great player a weapon does make.

OK OK I TRIED.

Rashiid
Feb 18, 2007, 02:13 PM
most A ranks are satisfying in the power/looks area, but S ranks all about looks, not power..

no Howrod +10 tymes can ever outdo a Halarod....sure its stronger, but can it glow like a Hala can? noperz.

DonRoyale
Feb 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
On 2007-02-18 09:24, Shiroryuu wrote:

QFT

9lotus
Feb 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
For the record, 9* weapons grinded to 10 are only better than level zero 10* items, they're beaten stat-wise by 11/12* items.

Example:

Majimra + 10
PP: 1011
TP: 612

It beats an Uransara, but a Tesbra and Bajura have 616 TP and 667 TP respectively.

The stat difference is negligible anyway, at least for forte- classes, when you get to high levels, your base ATP/TP stats + weapon stats are high enough to where even a 100 point change in ATP/TP is only a small percentage change.

Example:

I'm a 70/8 newman F fortetecher, I have 1157 base TP, suppose I use a halarod (+673 TP) and a sori/tech charge (+280 TP), that gives me 2110 TP total. Suppose I used an Okarod instead (12*, +767 TP), my TP is now 2204. A whopping 4.4% change in damage, jumping from a 10* to a 12*.

On the other hand, it's perfectly reasonable for wartechers to complain about not getting S-ranks. They don't have high base stats, so weapon stats become far more important.

That, and S-ranks look much cooler than A-ranks. Flashy lights and what not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-02-18 11:25 ]</font>

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
Wow I didn't even think about protranser's. Geez they DON'T get any S rank, and my sis is one. She's lvl 64-65? She can't even use her axe yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; I think protranser's should have more Class only weapons than anyone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Tekershee
Feb 18, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-18 11:20, 9lotus wrote:
For the record, 9* weapons grinded to 10 are only better than level zero 10* items, they're beaten stat-wise by 11/12* items.

Example:

Majimra + 10
PP: 1011
TP: 612

It beats an Uransara, but a Tesbra and Bajura have 616 TP and 667 TP respectively.

The stat difference is negligible anyway, at least for forte- classes, when you get to high levels, your base ATP/TP stats + weapon stats are high enough to where even a 100 point change in ATP/TP is only a small percentage change.

Example:

I'm a 70/8 newman F fortetecher, I have 1157 base TP, suppose I use a halarod (+673 TP) and a sori/tech charge (+280 TP), that gives me 2110 TP total. Suppose I used an Okarod instead (12*, +767 TP), my TP is now 2204. A whopping 4.4% change in damage, jumping from a 10* to a 12*.

On the other hand, it's perfectly reasonable for wartechers to complain about not getting S-ranks. They don't have high base stats, so weapon stats become far more important.

That, and S-ranks look much cooler than A-ranks. Flashy lights and what not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-02-18 11:25 ]</font>

Don't each tech have different multipliers? Meaning some techs will be affected by this small small TP difference?

9lotus
Feb 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
They have multipliers, but the % difference in damage is still the same afterwards

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
lmao atleast your not protrancer hahahah they goit royaly shitted on

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-02-18 11:49, AL1ST0R wrote:

I don't think they did actually. They can use traps on almost every enemy out there and the dmg virus traps deal is amazing. I think people are trying to look at that class too much as a damage dealer when it's supposed to be used as a support class. I'm even thinking of being one myself.

Sekani
Feb 18, 2007, 02:55 PM
Who'd be crazy enough to try and grind a 9-star weapon to +10 anyway (besides protransers)?

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
lmao so true sekani there crazy mofos cause they have nothing to lose if it breaks lol and rune i didnt know they dealed alot of dmg i dnt play as a pro >.>

RadiantLegend
Feb 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
This GAME is ALL about SRANKS. Just wait and you'll see.....

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 03:01 PM
I may test is out and see if there's any advantages. I mean I'm capped on my main so might as well try some different combo's while waiting for new items to search for or until lvl cap increase. I like helping people so if it IS a support class like explained to me, i may like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-02-18 12:01, Ragolismine wrote:
This GAME is ALL about SRANKS. Just wait and you'll see.....

Lies this game is ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN! *yay I have a new shiny weapon, that makes weird sounds effect and has the same combo that the next guy has...* ooo... fun... so worth the 4-12 months it took looking for the 3 boards cause the first two broke on me. <.<; oops.. that almost turned into a rant xD

RadiantLegend
Feb 18, 2007, 03:08 PM
<_< thats the whole point.

Bluepheonix
Feb 18, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-02-18 11:53, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-02-18 11:49, AL1ST0R wrote:

I don't think they did actually. They can use traps on almost every enemy out there and the dmg virus traps deal is amazing. I think people are trying to look at that class too much as a damage dealer when it's supposed to be used as a support class. I'm even thinking of being one myself.

Yea i have a lvl 3, and they do pretty good dmg with traps and bows.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 18, 2007, 06:13 PM
WT is absolutely fine the way it is. WT is as close to a "tank" class as you get on PSU; you get a fuckton of HP and EVP, and the ability to heal yourself for practically free. Sure, WT has no super awesome specialty area, but it also has no particular area where it sucks (ATA arguably, but it isn't that big of a problem in practice, even on my Beast WT).

Sure, a fF may do a bunch more damage than a WT to random Ageetas and Olgohmons, but when the Tengohg pops up, the fF's damage output and overall usefulness plummets. The WT just whips out a bow and continues to deal decent damage. Same thing for the annoying Mizura flies. While the fF is standing there watching a bunch of zeros popping up, the WT switches out a wand with Diga and consistantly hits the bugs. WT can also provide sufficient support for the party in the absence of a fT, which, in practice, is rather frequently.

Anyway, WT is far from sucking, and really would be broken if it got more S-Ranks or higher level PAs of any sort.

Playing a PT is willingly accepting a more difficult path, at least until the class levels to 10. Playing a PT is really for those who want a more challenging experience, and for those who can afford to spend a lot on traps. Whoever said PT was about support and not damage is on the right track, but the damage output can also be very good at high class levels. The stat difference between PT 1 and PT 10 is enormous.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-02-18 15:14 ]</font>

-Rune-
Feb 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
Well said! *raises drink in air* When I take figh to lvl 10 I'll play with it.

Soukosa
Feb 18, 2007, 06:23 PM
S ranks are indeed over rated, especially in the fashion they layed them out. Some of the classes seem to have S rank in places just because no other class has them. If I were to ever legitly get an S rank I doubt I'd actually use it since the weapons I tend to like to use on the classes I play don't get the S rank versions of them anyways (like longbows on my GT. fT exclusiveness on S rank longbows makes no sense...).

Besides, anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that an A rank melee weapon with a high percent will surpass most S ranks which will be a pain to get decent percents on. Not only will they be rare but you only get one go per board that you actually manage to get. For the gunners and techers... well I guess if you want to abuse the sad economy on the PS2/PC servers you're gonna need alot more than one weapon to get you through the run. Of course both ends suffer from needing more than for the sake of covering all the elements.

As it was stated, S ranks are more for looks. They're kinda like trophies you can whack stuff with and are best to be looked in that fashion.

As for WTs not getting much S ranks, it'd be due to their balance of techs and melee. Only when you concentrate purely on one will it give you problems like this.

For those really bothered by the S rank crap, I just about want to make a PT and use solely A ranks just to make a statement about it. Besides, there's the possiblity of weapons beyond S rank. Could also be additional classes beyond expert ones that would make S ranks more common place and not so much of a trophy. Though, who knows what ST has planned (if anything at this point).

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-02-18 15:23, Sounomi wrote:
Though, who knows what ST has planned (if anything at this point).

This is something else I wanted to mention, but forgot. Who's to say that there will never be unique-looking/"rare" 9* weapons? If PSO is any indication, there will be several rares that break the normal rules of who can equip what. There will probably also be things that are race/class-specific. A WT-only A-rank spear with 10-11* stats would be nice, and it could potentially happen. For all we know, there may even be S-Rank weapons that break the normal rules (again, just look at PSO: Forces can't use non-rare partisans, but they can use Soul Eater).

DraginHikari
Feb 18, 2007, 06:47 PM
S-Ranks are just something else to do in the game more then anything. I'm hunting a Crea Double when I don't feel like doing anything else. Because it's better? Your right, a Nightwalker with some grinds is probably better. Twin Brand was one of my favorites weapons in PSO and I like the look of it. S-ranks aren't essitanal to gameplay but they're just more variety or something else to work towards either way.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 18, 2007, 09:58 PM
I am a wartecher.The only S rank that I really want is a Grand Cross.Go figure.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Gamemako
Feb 18, 2007, 11:05 PM
I use techs on bugs and tengohs. Deals more damage than my bows and hits every time. Bugs especially have a tendency to dodge bow bullets, even as a newman wartecher (with almost as much ATA as a freaking CAST WT).

There were no weapon ranks in PSO, Fuzzy. There is no reason to believe that they will break their own system to allow people of a different class to use a weapon. You can change classes in PSU whenever you feel like it. In PSO, you picked a race/class combo and were stuck with it. THAT is why you won't see the same thing here.

A +10 Agito Replica will probably have around 2000 ATP if the early trends on grinding continue. That's a whole freaking ton, even with no elemental percent whatsoever.

//EDIT: By the way, might have just been a rumor, but I've heard PTs might get exclusive EX traps, which makes them own even harder than they already do with traps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-02-18 20:07 ]</font>

EphekZ
Feb 19, 2007, 04:11 AM
They don't get S-rank becuase you spelled Wartecher wrong.

Tycho
Feb 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
Uhh, Daggers and HU HP + Resta are freaking awesome.

ycavan
Feb 19, 2007, 03:04 PM
The Wartecher is the all-around character. Yeah, no "exclusives" but they are able to use lvl 20 melee PA, lvl 10 gun PA and lvl 20 tech PA; that's a pretty "exclusive" character class, don't you think? Yeah, some ppl may be upset about not having 30's, but that's inconsequential for the versatility you get w/ this class. Even my Beast WT has no problems dishing out damage on A rank solo missions ( He's only lvl 37 ) with techs.

What I would really like to see ST give WT's is "ambidexterity"... lol. allow WT's to wield sabers and wands. Heck I'd even like the ability to apply status effects with melee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Scejntjynahl
Feb 19, 2007, 04:38 PM
Being a Protranser I fully knew I wouldn't get any S ranks. But I don't care about such things. All things will die eventually if you strike it/shoot/poison/burn/ it enough. And I have patience and too much stubborness to care about quickly dispatching enemies with a fancy S rank anyways. But this is my personal taste of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2007-02-19 13:38 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Feb 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
piling on what others hae said: ProTransers don't get S ranks at all

I'm greatful Wartechers get *any* s ranks. With all the weapons they get access to, and thier very well rounded stats, I would not have been surprised if WTs only got S rank sabers and daggers. getting dual daggers is a gift!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you want to bitch about something, bitch about not being able to use low rank rods. Sure would be nice to have all 4 buffs on a single stick :-/

-Asheth-
Feb 20, 2007, 07:17 AM
Well I guess I throw my thoughts into the ring. I was a figunner(7) and switched to Wartecher im level 5 now. I love it oh and im a human also. The thing i find is that you are good in any situation a utility person of sorts that can do good damage especially when buffed with a bow. The ata is low but you can always buff that. You will never be gimp in any department status effects if you raise the right spells with level 3 will be sufficient.

I think the same is true with protransers if you look at there weapon selection the majority of them are the heavy weapons/slower weapons that are available to each forte class.

Fortefighter=Axe Fortegunners=Grenade Launchers Shotguns Fortechers=Bows(bows arent slow but slower than a rifle)

They are the utility in case you need one of those elements that the Forte can provide but is lacking during a mission. Same for Wartechers they provide a mid level between fighter and techer. Protranser midlever between Fighter and Gunner. But in a different way that a figunner because they go heavy weaps and heavy guns which a figunner cant do. Just my opinion and on the topic they look cool and I think thats all they would do for me is look cool. If i get one ok great if not oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Asheth- on 2007-02-20 04:20 ]</font>