PDA

View Full Version : Xbox red light question

LordAwsome
Feb 18, 2007, 03:42 PM
So last night i turned on my 360 and got the dreded red semi circle ive heard about. i turned it off and back on and it worked fine. do you think this was just random or it is going to start getting worse. anyone whos had this problem please fill me in

ABDUR101
Feb 18, 2007, 04:32 PM
I had it happen once or twice and then it was ok, but I also have had problems with the DVD drive getting jammed. About three weeks ago I gotthe red rings, and that was it; had to send it back.

Kent
Feb 18, 2007, 05:28 PM
I've not had any problems with mine...

Although it may have been a fluke, the fact that it happens may not be a good sign. Just be sure to take all the normal safety precautions with the system. If it happens again, or can't recover from it, then hope it's still under warranty. :/

Zelutos
Feb 18, 2007, 07:36 PM
Make sure all the cables are firmly secured. Most of the time, that's the problem. However, recent updates have been killing 360's[mine included].

SubstanceD
Feb 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
It's interesting that this topic has recently come up since I recently bought an XBox 360 ( November ) and last month while I was playing PSU it crashed and red ring started flashing around the power button ( where it usually is green ). After panicking, I unplugged my 360, plugged it back in and turned on the power and everything worked like normal. It hasn't crashed since although I now live in constant fear of this being the beginning of a larger problem.

On 2007-02-18 16:36, Zelutos wrote:
Make sure all the cables are firmly secured. Most of the time, that's the problem. However, recent updates have been killing 360's[mine included].

Thanks for the tip Zelutos. Up untill about a month ago, I used to regularly unplug my 360 everyday. I also tend to move it from my bedroom to the living room everynow and again. It is possible that it may have crashed due to a loose cable. I can't think of anything else since I can't get online ( no broadband where I live ) other that my 360 being shipped with dodgy firmware.