PDA

View Full Version : How does PA damage % work?

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2007, 03:44 PM
My question isn't about the modifier on the PA. By looking at the stat screen, it's obvious that PAs modify your stats directly. My question lies in the PA animation itself.

Let's take the second dual claw as an example, since I've been using it lately. The first strike does 200 damage four times, while the second does 300 damage twice. The first does 800 damage total, while the second does 600 damage. Despite the difference in the number of hits, this isn't too much of a difference, especially since the second part can hit two targets.

I've noticed other PAs that have odd modifiers like this, despite the lack of information of this happening. I've noticed that these numbers seem to be modified by a nice amount. The PA in question multiplies the damage of the first hit by 1.5x in the second part, effectively multiplying the damage of the first part by 400% (four hits times the basic damage) and the second one by 300% (two hits times 1.5 times the basic damage).

I know I was leading up to something, but I don't know what it is. So, um, discuss while I try to form a question...

AL1ST0R
Feb 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
we'll srry i didnt read your post to long and im to lazt to read it,but the higher % on the weapon the harder you hit the monster who is weak against that element

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
You're right. You didn't read my post. You didn't read it at all.

Pure-chan
Feb 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
I've seen this, too. ex: Anga Durega's second strike does roughly double the damage of the first strike. Spinning break's first strike is two hits, second strike is 1 hit (but much harder) etc.

any luck working on a question yet?

Schubalts
Feb 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
I don't really see where you were going, either, but it looks interesting from I did get.

Pure-chan
Feb 18, 2007, 04:03 PM
Are you trying to catalogue the various bonuses within PA animations, Zorafim?

Pengfishh
Feb 18, 2007, 04:04 PM
In some cases, the second or third hit in a combo has a different modifier. Sometimes more powerful with fewer targets or hits, sometimes less powerful with more targets or hits.

Alisha
Feb 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
this was discussed long ago in game play discussion.

Zorafim
Feb 18, 2007, 05:04 PM
Yes, well, um.. *ahem*
Maybe I should look for that topic then...

Alisha
Feb 18, 2007, 11:48 PM
basically there is no set pattern that applies to all pa's each pa has its own pattern. ive observed 3 damage strengths so i call them weak normal and hard. tornado breaks pattern is normal,hard,hard. when i tested it i would see damage values like 800,1000,1000,1000/1,1,2 so thats like a 20% increase.

Tycho
Feb 19, 2007, 02:50 AM
Each hit has a different modifier