PDA

View Full Version : Red weapons and griniding. Is it worth it?

Jae
Dec 3, 2002, 12:53 PM
Is it true that Red weapons can be grinded to insane amounts? Is it even worth spending your grinders on? The reason why I ask is because I currently have two Reds... the Saber and Slicer. Both are already very strong, but I'm longing for more power to use in Ultimate. Is it worth it to have a Red Saber +60??

Even with 1400+ ATA (Shifta'd), I'm way underpowered compared to the other Hunters I see using Chainsawds, Asukas, etc. It gets to the point where some of my Ra-techs are doing more damage in less time than my normal attacks are.

So should I grind what I have or hold out for something better? Any PSO veteran advice is appreciated. I'm an Oran BTW.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 3, 2002, 01:25 PM
Depends on the weapon. Generally, I don't grind any weapon unless it's has good %.

I say yes for the slicer but no for the saber.

CKTurbo
Dec 3, 2002, 02:10 PM
I have a Red Handgun that has 25/15/0/0 on it. I recently max grinded the handgun, which is at 50. I don't know about the other red weapons though.

- CKTurbo

ABDUR101
Dec 3, 2002, 02:11 PM
My rule of thumb is never grind weapons that won't be used for a relatively long time.

An example. I won't grind my Raygun with good %'s because I'll eventually find something better than a Raygun(like a Varista) and the Varista may have better %'s. Normal weapon types I won't grind.

I also won't grind certain rare weapons if I won't be using them as a mainstay weapon.

I won't grind my Kaladgog(blah blah, however you spell that rare saber that freezes) because I don't like to use sabers. However, my Rappy Fan, I will grind to it's max because I use it often, and it's expecially useful against bosses.

So really, only grind weapons you're going to use often and for a while. Wasted grinders on weapons you'll stop using in a week or so aren't worth it, save them for a weapon that you'll honestly keep handy.

If you're unsure, don't use the grinders. If I were you, I'd use the grinders on the Red Slicer though, but that's just because it reminds me of my Rappy Fan.

Do you have a weapon preference? You might want to wait for that weapon type, or even a specific weapon(s) to use the grinders on. =)

milk
Dec 3, 2002, 02:37 PM
Would you guys grind a Grass Assassin's Saber?

ABDUR101
Dec 3, 2002, 03:07 PM
On 2002-12-03 11:37, milk wrote:
Would you guys grind a Grass Assassin's Saber?

If it was going to be my mainstay weapon for a while, and I liked it's special attack, and if I'm actually good with that type of weapon, yes.

I don't like saber types, since they only hit one enemy at a time, so I would'nt grind it. If you don't mind only hitting one enemy at once, then grind that sucker and enjoy it =)

Elusive_Llama
Dec 3, 2002, 03:40 PM
Yay, another Rappy Fan enthusiast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Mine is around +22...do you know the max grind on it off hand?

My mainstay is always a weapon which can hit multiple enemies. The way I look at it, if I hit one booma for 200pts on average, that means if I hit 5 boomas I can do around 1000pts of damage with one swipe. So every pt of grind that goes into my mainstay rare results in a bit more damage being multiplied by however many enemies I hit.

That doesn't mean that single-combat weapons are useless...I pull them out when going against stuff like Belras or Delsabers because some of them hit faster, harder and more often than swords/slicers/partisans (ie. S-Beats). Plus it just looks cool to see the combo unfold http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jae
Dec 3, 2002, 04:57 PM
That's some good advice guys, thanks. I'll probably hold off for now, but if I don't find any good crowd control weapons, I'll just grind up the red slicer since there aren't many better ones out there. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.

As for the guy with the Grass Asassins, I wouldn't grind them. Those blades will serve you well into the VHard levels, but after that they'll become obsolete. Even Yamato starts out stronger and has a higher grind limit to boot. One guy that I play with a lot says his Yamato is grinded to +60! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif But even then, I still wouldn't bother grinding a Yamato anymore when you can eventually move on to better things.

Obsolete weapons suck. So far I have a max-grinded Last Survivor gathering dust and I had a max-grinded Varista that got old real fast. Now I'm looking for a replacement for my max-grinded Dragon Slayer. Bah, I wish I asked this question a couple of weeks ago. Could have saved myself some precious grinders.

BomberMan
Dec 3, 2002, 06:58 PM
To Milk with the G-Assassin's Sabers I would only grind'm if you intend on using them lots, b/c I have mine up to +21, but I don't use'm really. So it's up to you, but I'd prefer weapon that can hit multiple enemies in most cases.

IceBurner
Dec 3, 2002, 11:11 PM
I max grind everything I use even a little, I find grinders enough to do it so why not? I do prioritize what gets ground first though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif