PDA

View Full Version : Cannot conect to the DSN Servers, Error 102

Arimane
Dec 3, 2002, 03:50 PM
Yes i cannot conect to the DSN servers, its write error 102 check my ISP info but i check many time, and i cannot conect to the webiste too, i have a 56 K modem and i live in quebec, why the conection its so hard like this? Whit DC i have no probleme.....

Do you have a solution for me or a Quebec ISP i can contact?

Riel
Dec 3, 2002, 05:45 PM
Are you using Sympatico dial-up? if you are give them a call,it seems a lot of people can't connect with the 56k with Sympatico,maybe they will check and see what's wrong..i have BB but i think the dial-up for Sympatico uses PPT which might be the problem?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Riel on 2002-12-03 14:47 ]</font>

JordanLund
Dec 6, 2002, 11:49 AM
Yup. It's another one... Finally found a modem tonight, got home and set it up. I'm using the same settings as my Mac running Mac OS 9.6 and the same settings as my Sega Dreamcast.

The Mac goes online fine (DUH! I'm using it right now.) The Dreamcast goes online fine (did you know there are still 4 ships up for PSO on the Dreamcast? Wow!)

The Gamecube dials my ISP, submits my user-name and password. Claims to be connecting to PSO world then disconnects at the "Now connecting to DNS server..."

Yes, it bothers me greatly that it's trying to connect to a Domain Name Server Server but that's beside the point. :^)

I've tried turning the UDP on and off, I've tried auto detecting the DNS and manually entering the same DNS used on the Mac and the Dreamcast to no avail.

Any ideas? FWIW I can't connect to the website feature either. It says it's connected and it says it's online but when I try to load the page it says "The URL could not be loaded."

- Jordan

Astral
Dec 30, 2002, 07:33 PM
I know this is a pretty aged topic, but I've been getting the same 102 error, and am wondering if anyone who has experienced this in the past has managed to overcome this?

Gobi
Jan 2, 2003, 11:14 AM
Same problem here. Can anyone offer a solution beside switching to BB or changing service providers if the one I am using now doesn't have PPT?

GundamX2K
Jan 5, 2003, 08:35 PM
Alright I have the same problem here, I have Earthlink so i have no idea why this is happening, I either get a 100 error or a 102 error, It takes like 2-30 mins to establish connection it's really pissing me off.

Merlose
Jan 5, 2003, 10:36 PM
Same thing here. i have Dtgnet Dial-up and i get the error 102. and it tell me to check my provider settings, they're all correct, and this works fine w/ my DC as well btw...what seems to be the problem and how do you solve it?

GundamX2K
Jan 5, 2003, 10:42 PM
Are you using Earthlink by any chance Merlose?

Seems like this is happening to many Earthlink users

Merlose
Jan 5, 2003, 10:50 PM
yeah...dammit WE NEED ANSWERS :@ seriously, im gonna go into withdrawal if i dont get some online pso soon. i know for a fact that all of my provider info is correct...so what could the problem be?

Merlose
Jan 5, 2003, 11:37 PM
I'm guessing that we could fix this problem by manually configuring the DNS fields...only problem is i have no clue what they are or how to do it. Any help or explenation would be greatly appreciated.

Merlose
Jan 6, 2003, 07:57 PM
NO HELP? omg somebody please tell me they've figured out how to fix this...i need pso...seriously. Or I at least need a free ISP or SOMETHING that i can use as much as i want...somebody..please...help...need..pso...grrrr

GundamX2K
Jan 6, 2003, 08:28 PM
errr Im still having the same problem as you Merlose...

wish tavia would see this damn thread.

Maelkith
Jan 6, 2003, 09:47 PM
are you getting the no.012 error with earthlink? this started saturday periodically and now it seems permanent. i have tried to connect 20 or more times thinking that its some glitch. i was able to connect after a few tries this weekend, but now it doesnt connect at all.

Merlose
Jan 6, 2003, 10:27 PM
I accidentally answered wrong a few replys back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i dont have earthlink, i have DTG dial up, but that doesnt change the fact that we're having the same problem. I entered DTG's DNS addys and it still didnt fix the problem even when i did it manually. if noone here can help, im afraid im going to have to let sega hear me in 'uber-bitch' mode. my isp worked fine w/ both dc version's, and this is REALLY startin to tick me off...

Merlose
Jan 6, 2003, 11:13 PM
Good news everyone in this thread http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I sent Sega about 5 Contact E-Mails, 2 complaints, and 3 requests for help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'll be dammed if i don't get an answer back to help us out...i only hope it comes in time to save my sanity....

GundamX2K
Jan 7, 2003, 12:56 AM
Bro it aint sega, its our isp's or somthing, or connection possible.

Maelkith
Jan 7, 2003, 06:11 PM
my problem was solved by changing the local access number. seems earthlink has disconnected the number i was dialing into.

Merlose
Jan 7, 2003, 11:29 PM
when everyone else entered their username in the isp section...did they add a @earthlink.com, or .net behind it? (earthlink just being an example)

GundamX2K
Jan 8, 2003, 12:54 PM
I put .net in.

Merlose
Jan 8, 2003, 10:07 PM
ok, ive tried a bunch of different things to fix this, and none of them have worked...if someone manages to cure this little(BIG) problem...please please please let me know.

Merlose
Jan 9, 2003, 11:24 PM
well...still no answers to our problem...looks like ill just have to stay offline for pso...i know its a problem w/ sega since my isp settings are all right. thanx a lot sega.

Merlose
Jan 19, 2003, 11:31 AM
Jeez, still no reply. Can't anyone overcome this problem? I know that these few ppl can't be the only ones having it...any hint on how to fix this would cure my current insanity...

Gobi
Jan 19, 2003, 11:03 PM
Merlose I use DTG dial up too, and I have the same problem. This Tuesday I'm going to as the Computer Teacher at my High School if he know what to do. I now he works with servers in some of his classes. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

BrokenHope
Jan 20, 2003, 10:04 AM
On 2003-01-19 08:31, Merlose wrote:
Jeez, still no reply. Can't anyone overcome this problem? I know that these few ppl can't be the only ones having it...any hint on how to fix this would cure my current insanity...

Have you tried ELN/ then your username?, you used to have to do that, you also have to do it with msn, worth a try.

Merlose
Jan 20, 2003, 11:21 PM
Hey, u do that Gobi...but oh wait...since i have school w/ u...not to mention having that class at the same time...i'll ask him too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol check ya later

Splinter
Jan 23, 2003, 07:30 PM
What The HEll is Dns im a total newb at the online so i dont even know how to set it up right so someone please give me a clue so i can go online for once.......

Blenjar
Jan 25, 2003, 01:03 PM
damn, I'm now having this connection thing...I use bba on comcast cable, u.s.a. ct. Help.

Merlose
Jan 26, 2003, 01:54 PM
Considering the number of views this topic has had...i KNOW that more ppl than us must be having this problem...and there HAS to be a solution besides getting a new service provider. Has anyone yet solved this damm problem?

Blenjar
Jan 26, 2003, 04:20 PM
When we don't need help they're here, when we need help they gone.

Merlose
Jan 26, 2003, 11:34 PM
grrrr...ur absolutely right http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif why wont anyone help us? jeez u ppl dont understand...my sanity is slipping every day....grrr...

JordanLund
Jan 27, 2003, 05:32 PM
The short answer is that if you're getting repeated DNS errors even Sega doesn't know what to do about it.

Here's what happened with me and Sega technical (and after all this I went straight to Nintendo and the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint http://www.bbb.org and it looks like I'm not the only one:

http://www.goldengatebbb.org/common.html?location=/home/common/www/bindr/report.php&bureau=oak&compid=13689 )

So I had repeated 102 problems, e-mailed Sega technical back and forth, they couldn't figure it out. Finally dragged it out of them that PSO doesn't work with some ISPs and they asked me to send my disc into them for "further testing".

I told them it's clearly a connection problem, not a media problem and asked them to test the ISP connection instead and gave them all my ISP info. They informed me that "we don't have time to test every ISP that doesn't work."

So in other words they wanted me to inconvenience myself by sending them my game but weren't willing to take a 5 minute step that would actually help solve the problem.

At that point the modem went back and if I could have returned the game I would have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JordanLund on 2003-01-27 14:37 ]</font>

Tavia
Jan 27, 2003, 05:49 PM
I just wanted to chime in with something really quick: I know some people in this thread said that they want my help. I apologize, but, my expertise lies in networking, broadband connections and the like. When it comes to dial-up errors, there's not much I can offer you, if anything at all. Narrowband isn't where I shine. I don't even think I've got a dull glow going there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If it works on your computer, your ISP is up... and line noise isn't preventing you from connecting, obviously. You could do various troubleshooting things on your computer... if they applied. But in this case, they don't. Unlike broadband and networking, dial-up isn't quite as universal; it's actually very simple, but because of that, there's virtually nothing you can do with it if it doesn't work. You don't really have the plethora of options you do with broadband and networking.

The only other thing I would say, and this'll sound like a typical, "Support Tech's Way Out" kind of recommendation, is to set up a home network and use ICS to share your dial-up connection (which is entirely possible). Or, set up your computer as a server and have your GameCube dial into your computer. (People did this with the Dreamcast version as well if they wanted to circumvent buying a broadband adapter.)

Other than that... there's probably nothing you can do if your ISP and Sega failed to help you, unless you get a new ISP.