PDA

View Full Version : Which class would deal more damage with twin handguns?

Clyde
Feb 19, 2007, 12:08 PM
Would it be GT, FG, or fG? The fact that GT get to use S ranks twin-handguns might make them them the best at dealing damage in the end and GT also get 30 bullets, although there ATP is less then a fG, so Im not sure.

Then theres FG, which IMO is the one that would have the highest damage because there base ATP is higher then GT or fG.

Only reason I ask is because my fG is level 10 so I want to switch to a class that keeps twin-hanguns, I will also not account for the PP cost which can be a factor (I use twin-hanguns most of the time), but right now damage is more important.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clyde on 2007-02-20 21:34 ]</font>

Tsavo
Feb 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
As far as I can tell FG would do the most raw damage because of thier base atp while GT and fG would possibly do more damage later on through status effects and higher elemental percentages on their bullets.

Samaine
Feb 19, 2007, 01:24 PM
yeah i'm pretty sure its FG also

Golto
Feb 19, 2007, 02:00 PM
Depends on how long down the line you want to forecast. It will be a very long time before legit srank twinhand guns will be available. A grinders will be available somewhat soon if we don't get anymore 'Technical Difficulties'. So it shouldn't take too many grinds to make a pair of Deathmakers just about have equal atp/pp as the 10* twin handguns. Something around a Deathmaker +5 will have equal or slightly higher stats (only ata will be higher of course) than the 10* Hyper Viper. So Fortegunners can do the most damage for a VERY long time on non-JPN servers with twin handguns. Maybe a year or two down the road GunTechers can do more damage than ForteGunners.

Since once your character's atp is 2x or higher than the weapon's base atp, twin handgun weapon base atp isn't that important. Will you really notice 18 atp difference? Even with lvl 30 bullets and elemental advantage 18 atp would be something around 6-8 more dmg per bullet. The majority of your damage comes from your atp and bullet % not the weapon's atp. Comparing type lvl 10 gt atp to type lvl 10 FtG lvl 10 atp the difference is around 14%. Which could be as much as 100 atp at lvl 70. So i'd take 100 more atp over 18 more atp anyday.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-02-19 11:08 ]</font>

Clyde
Feb 21, 2007, 12:33 AM
You make some valid points Golto, although when I was considering the S-ranks , I was thinking about the 11* and 12* twin handguns which would have enough ATP/ATA (my forte-gunner is a male beast, so the more the ATA I can get the better) to make a difference.

Even so, GT still doesn't sound very tempting to try, (never was a fan of mult-tasking) and its true potential won't be seem for a very long time at the rate SEGA adds things, I'll put GT out of my mind for a while until I can get a chance to test it out; and for now I'll try and get figh-gunner to 10 to see how the damage compares to my forte-gunner.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 21, 2007, 01:38 AM
fG (fortegunners) rule the roost for damage. Although GTs can use techs like zalure, the consumable buff items make GT shifta somewhat irrelevant.

shewby
Feb 21, 2007, 01:51 AM
GT and fG also have better chances for criticals. It's a toss between those two. S-ranks on one side, higher ATP and ATA on the other.

Golto
Feb 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
9* twin atp- 216 ata- 146
10* twin atp- 234 ata- 174
11* twin atp- 246 ata- 195
12* twin atp- 266 ata- 231

Now these might not be the actual stats we'll see when we get them in 1 to 2 years from now but as you can see the atp increase is negligible. Only 50 atp difference comparing 9* to 12*. That doesn't make up the 100+ difference atp betweem the classes. Twin Handguns fall into the category of weapons that the character's atp is the lion's share of total atp.

Mio
Feb 21, 2007, 02:52 PM
fG (fortegunner) over the other two

Difference in Foregunner ATP and Fighunner ATP is like... 30 points at level 70
While level 30 bullets means a LOT of more damage and elemental %