PDA

View Full Version : New-ish spells

joncushing
Feb 20, 2007, 07:37 AM
The new-ish spells that have been added like megid and the others, any good and what are the preferences of the forces here? Have'nt played in a while and im trying to get back into it before I end up cancelling my lisence due to lack of use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jools
Feb 20, 2007, 09:34 AM
Nosu deega is where its at.

joncushing
Feb 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer, was very helpful......

Natrokos
Feb 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
Dizas (not out yet to my knowledge) Is going to be so very awesome.

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-02-20 08:56, joncushing wrote:
Thanks for the detailed answer, was very helpful......

You have to give a detailed question to receive a detailed answer. You wrote "...like megid and the others". Megid has not been released yet. As for "the others" you ask about, I would assume you want to know about Nosudiga, Nosuzonde and all of the other spells which require PA frags to purchase. None of these have been released either.

Kaydin
Feb 20, 2007, 05:48 PM
Noszonde and Nosmegid can hit flying enemies, which is awesome.
Nosdiga is a lot faster than Diga, and still hits really hard.
Regrant, with good bodyguards, will own the Hive.
Megid now does damage, with a slight instant kill chance.
Megistar has very cool casting effects. Plus, the damage it deals to you is very small.
Megiverse isn't worth it. It'll be the last one I get, and probably won't be used much.

Edit: Forgot to mention Nosdiga. ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-02-20 14:49 ]</font>

Clyde
Feb 21, 2007, 12:51 AM
Nosudiga also has a knock-up/ knock-back ability that none of the other Forces abilities can do, as an added bonus it has a chance to paralyze an enemy. So in short getting nosudiga would be a great idea.

FYI: I only got to use it off-line so it might change when it becomes available for us on-line. (Sure hope not)

joncushing
Feb 21, 2007, 06:20 AM
On 2007-02-20 12:59, JAFO22000 wrote:

You have to give a detailed question to receive a detailed answer. You wrote "...like megid and the others". Megid has not been released yet. As for "the others" you ask about, I would assume you want to know about Nosudiga, Nosuzonde and all of the other spells which require PA frags to purchase. None of these have been released either.

How can I give an extreme detailed question when I have'nt been on in ages (mentioned in my question) hence I have no idea what spells were now available and was asking. TBH how much detail does a question like "what new spells are about and what do they do?" really require?

soolayah
Feb 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
well, since you didn't mention how long "a while" is, no one can now what spells you would consider new are either. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spellbinder
Feb 21, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-02-20 21:51, Clyde wrote:
Nosudiga also has a knock-up/ knock-back ability that none of the other Forces abilities can do, as an added bonus it has a chance to paralyze an enemy. So in short getting nosudiga would be a great idea.

FYI: I only got to use it off-line so it might change when it becomes available for us on-line. (Sure hope not)

There's no knockback / knockup for Nosudiga online. However, Nosuzonde and Nosumegid can cause enemies to either stagger or fall over after level 21.

Umberger
Feb 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:48, Kadan wrote:

Megiverse isn't worth it. It'll be the last one I get, and probably won't be used much.

In a video posted by Itsuki-Chan (Kesara), someone says "Megiverse is sooooo good"...so maybe it's not as useless as the offline counterpart?

Would a JP player care to elaborate on its usefulness/uselessness?

PJ
Feb 21, 2007, 11:30 PM
Do people actually think Megistar is any good? Can it ACTUALLY be used on partners at 11+/21+? Otherwise, it seems like a major waste of a PA slot.

Umberger
Feb 22, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-02-21 20:30, PJ wrote:
Do people actually think Megistar is any good? Can it ACTUALLY be used on partners at 11+/21+? Otherwise, it seems like a major waste of a PA slot.

The only good thing I can see about it is that you would only need to level it up to have all 4 buffs at SE level 3. Although I guess with 6 people, it'd be easier to level the 4 buffs on their own. That, or you could get it instead of the 4 buffs, then you would only be using 1 slot instead of 4...would be helpful for a Guntecher/Wartecher.

There's various reasons it could be useful...some may not be as obvious, but I'm sure some people will see it as worth buying.

Inazuma
Feb 22, 2007, 12:08 AM
megiverse is VERY good. at lv 21 its size is just huge and does good damage plus recovers a lot of HP for the user.

Kaydin
Feb 22, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-02-21 21:08, Inazuma wrote:
megiverse is VERY good. at lv 21 its size is just huge and does good damage plus recovers a lot of HP for the user.

Seriously? I used level 1 in story mode and it was pretty much junk. Guess I should go try and level it, huh?

joncushing
Feb 22, 2007, 06:13 AM
I was on last night and saw a few spells, bought myself the tech that ups TECHNIC and MST. Was checking my spells and I mainly have earth based ones and use those most. Is it worth me sticking to all earth since I use that mainly or should I dabble in fire aswell since I have that? I also saw some of the new spells (damufoie, damubarta and damudiga (SP?)), is it worth me getting just damudiga and sticking with all earth elements in a rod for the bonus or should I get damufoie perhaps for the burn ability?

joncushing
Feb 22, 2007, 08:49 PM
bump

joncushing
Feb 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
re-bump

Jey
Feb 23, 2007, 01:55 PM
A force's power comes not only from overwhelming TP but as spells are all one-hit attacks no matter the number of targets on a mob, also from matching opposing elements. In other words, don't limit yourself to Diga.

Plus, you only get that earth elemental bonus on thunder enemies, and there really aren't that many around.

Damfoie is kind of touchy to level but it's great for damage as well as spreading Burn. Dambarta is just plain hax all around. Damdiga is kinda pointless when you have Dambarta and Damfoie..

Xtian913
Feb 23, 2007, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, quick question, I've been away from PSU for about three weeks (school, work, life, ya know) and I'm confused now: Are there new TECHNICS out, after the DAMU techs, or is the original poster just curious about future techs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-02-23 11:17 ]</font>

Jey
Feb 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
Take another weeklong break from PSU and I can say yes <_<'