PDA

View Full Version : FoCast

-_Tao_-
Feb 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
Hown would you go about making the best FoCast ever?

Sephlock
Feb 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
First I'd get really, REALLY drunk. Then I'd create a large, hulking male cast with a really REALLY deep voice. Then I'd go get the best Force EQ possible and laugh at all the people who wish they could have a Halarod or Halrod (whichever is the better one), as they cringe at the sight of me wasting it on a horrendously suboptimal build.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

-_Tao_-
Feb 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
can someone with credibility post.

ellievyle
Feb 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
Don't know about credibility but I'd play up the accuracy and defense Casts get by relying on handguns, bows, cards and dam-spells. You might get one hit killed less than a Newman, though you'll have to still be careful. Use some grinded Tenora wands to increase the damage you do with spells. And don't forget debuffing (which you can put on a rod). Shifta for you, and Zalure for enemies, and your bow will do more damage when you get it going. Accuracy debuffs will help get those lvl 30 status effects off more too.

Plus, in those rare occassions that your in a room with enemies strong against magic and ranged attacks, equip the Meteor Buster SUV for some quick free mega damage to help out your team.

Oh, and it doesn't matter who you are, Diga always hurts. XD

Natrokos
Feb 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
Bows/Cards/Buffs/Debuffs/Reverser possibly the dam techs thats about all I can say and it's already been said....The only thing different is I would use rods for the pp and try to link similiar elements.....

I also suggest finding religion and then pray to whatever god/goddess you believe in to help you out.

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
nononononnonono

As a FOcast, avoid dam- spells unless you have tons of patience and time. SEGA either hates us or something because force-type casts CANNOT move their dam-techs. It makes it hard to level...

Well ok that aside, it's fun being a FOcast. Your spells aren't fantabulous in terms of damage, but you can still pull things off. As a lvl 61 Cast Fortetecher 2, I have about 443 TP. Not great considering how much all the other classes have. But, we do have higher DFP, HP, ATP (kinda irrelevent), and ATA. ATA is not much higher than newmans though, but can help in getting the most out of those bows and cards sooner. I noticed that I didn't die so quick. I could use Hiragi-senba/Sori-senba at just lvl 53 FT 1. Newmans have to wait waaay longer to use em I believe (something like level 68? could be wrong).

Hm, if going FT for the nice damage spells, go with diga type techs. They do a nice wallop of damage. I would suggest using the highest possible rods and wands that you can find and using a unit that gives you loads of TP. What I like is the fact that you can buff/debuff lvl 3, which is not bad. I guess you'd be playing more of a support/suppression FT if you went FOcast instead of a nuker.

I have lvl 24 gidiga, but most damage I can do with it is like... about 400? Kinda bad considering newmans can do way more...

But like I said, it's a fun class http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tsavo
Feb 20, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hmmm, I was actually going to post something simliar. I've been interested in making a FO that could assit hunters on the front lines and a FOcast seemed the perfect fit. Even with the weak TP they get level 30 spells and such. Get a couple spells that cause a decent amount of flinching and SE, max out them bow skills and you'd be set as long as you're playing support and not trying to go for max damage. In theory at least.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2007, 05:10 PM
hay guyz wuts teh FOcast for today?

Pakwan
Feb 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
IT'S GON' RAIN!!!!

Everything I was going to say about my FOcast has already been said here.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2007, 05:48 PM
yeah, I don't think that CASTs are hated by Sega much just because they can't aim Dam techs, if anything, I think that the most hated race by Sega or Sonic Team are Newmans, but meh, I still have 2 Newmans, one of which isn't a Techer at all.

Jesus_christ
Feb 20, 2007, 06:16 PM
just wondering, how does a FObeast function or is it a bad idea all together?

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2007, 07:23 PM
well, NO race/class combo seems to be bad ideas. but I still think that Sega hates Newmans.

MaximusLight
Feb 21, 2007, 05:44 PM
Well in the case of the FOcast, I would say that you're alright in most ways, bu your techs are going to be underpowered (realistically), but if you where to focus on status effects and support this combination is more than plausable.

Tita
Feb 21, 2007, 10:11 PM
^ what he said.

i look at it this way:
FOcast=Wartecher with inversed stats... sorta.

it's a neat combination of stats that deserves its recent boost in attention and "popularity".

::Better than a Wartecher::

--30 bullets
--accuracy
--access to S class bows and cards *do a jig*
that means SEs with bows and cards, more often.
"but omg why not just be a FG and totally rock with ur gunz pew pew?!?!"... because this is PSU and if you want a CAST running around with a bow and casting resta, YOU CAN DO IT.

--30 techs
your buffs and debuffs dont suck.

of course your attack techs will never be as good as a newman's, but whichever few techs you choose to play with, you'll be better than a wartecher... maybe??
im assuming here, since i can say i've worked out how great or small of a difference between the tech damange of a WT and FOcast would be at 70/10 with maxed attack techs on, say, a +10 tanora wand, at 20 - 30, respectively... ?

--slightly higher HP than a newman
can't really complain, right?

::Better off as a Wartecher::

high HP
--most durable casting class, no 1 hit kills for joo. better for debuffing and re-buffing/curing mid-battle

and that's about all i can think of at the moment, quite honestly.

i'm all for it. going to make my Caseal an interchangable guntecher/fortegunner/fortetecher
...because i can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-02-21 19:17 ]</font>

Schubalts
Feb 21, 2007, 10:34 PM
Bow. Debuffs.

Nuff said.