PDA

View Full Version : Weapons to Focus On

Wash
Feb 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
I have been wanting to make a Fortefighter for quite some time now, and was wondering what weapons and photon arts I should focus on and level up, and what weapons and PA's aren't even worth touching. I'm not a huge fan of either Sabers and Twin Saber PA's, or single handed Knives, and have heard mixed sides about Single and Twin Claws.

I'm new to being a Hunter, so any input or advice is appreciated.

Pikadrew
Feb 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
I use every weapon that FF has Srank in. Axes are really good for larger enemies and once the PA is lvled up, you can pretty much tear through most small mobs with a few swings. Knuckles are great against bees and the like, as they are the only weapon I can consistently not hit 0 with. Spears and swords are my CC weapons. If you're not a fan of sabers, then that leaves 1h claw for your melee/gun combo. The PA is really really good once it gets lvled up. I just use the first part over and over since knockback generally isn't your friend. It's really more about play style and what you like to use. I've noticed that I tend to use twin claws the least, but I think that's just because the PA is a pain to lvl.

As far as PA's go, they all have their uses. Some do overlap though. Stuff like tornado break for the sword is completely interchangable with dus robado for the spear. The 2nd PA is the way to go with Twin Claw. It has this push forward when you use it that gives you really good range. The only PA I don't really like is Bogga Zubba for the knuckles. The charge up time is just too long and everything goes flying when you use it, which again is not generally what you want.
Any other questions, feel free to ask.