PDA

View Full Version : This is messed up.

foamcup
Feb 21, 2007, 02:25 AM
This is some fucked up shit right here. Excuse my language.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/19/homeless.attacks/index.html

Ash1ey
Feb 21, 2007, 06:00 AM
That is fucked up..Seriously...

geewj
Feb 21, 2007, 07:14 AM
If only we could blame others for our mistakes, then I might give a damn about how he seems to be playing the 'I had no idea what I was doing until it was over' card.

Sucks to be him and all, but that's what you get when you mindlessly beat the shit out of someone for no apparant reason. 15 years is not enough.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 21, 2007, 08:32 AM
yeah, that really is fucked up. its much worse than this story that one of my friends in collge told me in which some kids in his high school skipped school and pissed in a beer bottle and gave it to a homeless guy, but that is nowhere near as bad as kiling homeless people.

DizzyDi
Feb 21, 2007, 10:07 AM
http://games.shizzle.be/wp-content/images/050810_gta-made-me-do-it.gif

Obscenity
Feb 21, 2007, 10:20 AM
On 2007-02-21 07:07, DizzyDi wrote:
http://games.shizzle.be/wp-content/images/050810_gta-made-me-do-it.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught the "felt like I was playing a video game" thing. The article also said that the lawyer of one of the other kids was trying to use the fact that the kid was adopted and his real mother was a homeless drug addict as an explanation for the kid's rage. Everyone wants a scapegoat. Everyone's looking for an excuse.

"I did it because of video games."

"I beat a homeless guy because my mom was a homeless drug addict."

"I raped 27 children because a Catholic priest fondled me once two and a half decades ago."

To all of this, I say "So fucking what?". Own up to your mistakes, take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Don't try to make excuses, because there aren't any good enough. Then doesn't have jack shit to do with now.

Kent
Feb 21, 2007, 10:44 AM
You can blame some event all you want, for your various moronic actions, but it doesn't change the fact that you did it.

ABDUR101
Feb 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
Does this remind anyone of the article afew years back from Europe or wherever, when a group of young kids asked a man for some cigs and he declined, and they all just bludgeoned him to death; to the extent that blood spatters were up on the overhang on a porch?

Honestly, 15 years? I'm sorry, but you can't blame being a 'wreckless youth' or a videogame/movie; or even a mother who was homeless and a drug addict for taking aggression; to the extent of what they did. They did it because he was homeless, they figured they could kill a homeless man who had no ties to society. No one was going to check on him at his home if they could'nt get him on the phone or did'nt hear from him for days or weeks at a time; he was, in their eyes 'free for the taking'. And they did, they played out all the sick things they'd want to do to someone, as much as they could anyway.

To me, they are sadistic, and the 15 years they serve does not pay back to this man anything. He did nothing, and it seems he was even being kind and sociable to them before they started the brutality; he was nice enough to sit and have a drink with them at his campsite.

I hope in the rest of their prison time, they get whats coming to them; aA nice degrading death.

Banish
Feb 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
... .... .....

Not cool.

FOAtHeart
Feb 21, 2007, 04:39 PM
If I were facing 15 years in prison, I'd make excuses too. Chances are you won't be taking the moral high ground and "owning up" if your ass is on the line.

Obscenity
Feb 21, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:39, FOAtHeart wrote:
If I were facing 15 years in prison, I'd make excuses too. Chances are you won't be taking the moral high ground and "owning up" if your ass is on the line.

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

Then again, I'd expect sniveling and excuse-making from someone who would beat/kill a homeless person for no reason. And I can afford to take the moral high ground about owning up, since I wouldn't be in the position of facing 15 years in prison for beating a homeless person in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2007-02-21 13:50 ]</font>

FOAtHeart
Feb 21, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:47, Obscenity wrote:

On 2007-02-21 13:39, FOAtHeart wrote:

I guess it depends on what kind of person you are.

Remember the article is concerning teenagers. It just doesn't seem at all realistic for many teenagers to take responsibility for what they do, much less the type of teenager that would beat up a homeless person.

Solstis
Feb 21, 2007, 05:00 PM
Fo, stop interrupting the backslapping, okay?

This is the kind of thing that makes people feel good about themselves. Anyone is capable of sporadic violence. That little "voice of the obscene" gets to you sometimes. Generally, when anyone kills another person, they're just a bit out of it, except in the cases of assassinations or whatnot. But, well, if we couldn't make examples of people the law system would fall apart. Pretty silly though. Still, the kid deserves whatever's coming to him because that's the system that's in place. Eh.

foamcup
Feb 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
Gabe over at Penny Arcade posted an e-mail from the step-mom of one of those kids. Well, not really his step-mom, but close enough.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/02/21

Schubalts
Feb 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
I vote we let the death sentence/life imprisonment be a punishment for EVERYONE that does this crap. Unless it already is, in which case, why the fuck didn't he and his buddies get it?

foamcup
Feb 21, 2007, 10:37 PM
I'm going to go all Punisher style on people here soon. I'm getting to the limit of my patience for this horseshit.

Chloe1987
Feb 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
What a load of fuckin shit, stuff like that makes me really pissed off! Wot the fuck, they had bad childhood? Wot the fuck it was a game?! WTF? I know plenty of people who have had fucked up times and play fucked up games and still end up perfectly 'normal'. Fucking load of bullshit and what the fuck puttin shit on someones face? What ever game was that from? Normal people dont do this! Obvously they have a fuckin brain disorder or it was drugs!

MetaZedlen
Feb 26, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-02-21 19:27, Schubalts wrote:
I vote we let the death sentence/life imprisonment be a punishment for EVERYONE that does this crap. Unless it already is, in which case, why the fuck didn't he and his buddies get it?

I agree with your statement on the death sentence, except taking it further- if the person get caught, they get killed right on the spot also instead of 15 years on death-row.

Sinue_v2
Feb 27, 2007, 01:24 AM
Sickness.

I agree with the rational conclusion that the purpetrators of the crime should be held responsible for their own actions.

I would also like to say that I watched, and thouroughly enjoyed the "Bum Hunts" series of videos, expecialy the "Bum Hunter" series with the faux Steve Irwin.

Blitzkommando
Feb 28, 2007, 01:00 AM
Having read the article and the email and that fits fairly well unfortunately. What I mean is that when 'child abuse' is mentioned today it seems that many times it doesn't exist and the poor parents have to pay for some bastard child's ravings. Frankly though my feeling on child murderers is summed up is thus: If they are old enough to kill, they're old enough to get the same in punishment. Remove the drecks of society before they have the chance to make more.

From the sounds of it the man that was murdered was a functional member of society. He had a job, did other little jobs, and apparently wasn't bothering anyone. But my question is why was he drinking beer with 15 year-old kids, if that part of the article is correct? I'm not laying any of the blame for his murder on him, but I'm very confused as to why he was drinking with kids at the time (as in was he okay with it or were there already threats against him? Or did the kids just make that part up which seems most likely).

Kent
Feb 28, 2007, 07:21 AM
On 2007-02-22 05:25, Chloe1987 wrote:
What a load of fuckin shit, stuff like that makes me really pissed off! Wot the fuck, they had bad childhood? Wot the fuck it was a game?! WTF? I know plenty of people who have had fucked up times and play fucked up games and still end up perfectly 'normal'. Fucking load of bullshit and what the fuck puttin shit on someones face? What ever game was that from? Normal people dont do this! Obvously they have a fuckin brain disorder or it was drugs!

Exactly.

I've had what classifies as a "bad childhood," and I was playing Mortal Kombat when I was six.

Video games are really not a viable excuse, in any similar situation to this.