PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft wireless receiver and 360 wireless controller

slong
Feb 21, 2007, 09:20 PM
I have the microsoft xbox 360 wireless receiver and wireless controller installed successfully on my PC.

But i could not map any inputs on the Left and Right triggers. Then i was told to download some xbcd drivers and update it under my PC's device manger.

This is where my problem comes in, i can only see the receiver listed but not the wireless controller.

May you help me pls. Many thanks.

NPCMook
Feb 21, 2007, 10:15 PM
I believe on the receiver is reconised by the computer itself not the controller linked to the receiver, but I could be completely and totally wrong... perhaps you should call MS and ask?

Para
Feb 22, 2007, 07:11 AM
On 2007-02-21 19:15, NPCMook wrote:
I believe on the receiver is reconised by the computer itself not the controller linked to the receiver, but I could be completely and totally wrong... perhaps you should call MS and ask?

I heard that the triggers don't work and unmappable.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2007, 10:46 AM
Strange. Every button on the controller does show up and activate a control on the PC's input controller test screen. Maybe it's something funny about how they are naturally assigned to a certain analogue axis.

zer05um
Feb 22, 2007, 10:49 AM
The driver ive been using (for a wired controller) also doesnt use the triggers, odd that the official one wouldnt though.. I would contact microsoft about it.

PMB960
Feb 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
I didn't think the wireless version was supposed to work on the PC or if it did it wasn't supposed to work very well. I got the wired one since that one definitely works and it costs less.

RuinedReBirth
Feb 24, 2007, 02:58 AM
Wireless receiver works beautifully and I'm using every button that's in my Xbox controller.

In fact, I am way more happy with the wireless controller than I am with a wired one. Microsoft just released another updated driver for the xbox controllers wireless receivers this week. See if they work now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2007-02-24 00:02 ]</font>

Voltage
Feb 24, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-02-23 23:58, RuinedReBirth wrote:
Wireless receiver works beautifully and I'm using every button that's in my Xbox controller.

In fact, I am way more happy with the wireless controller than I am with a wired one. Microsoft just released another updated driver for the xbox controllers wireless receivers this week. See if they work now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuinedReBirth on 2007-02-24 00:02 ]</font>

Every button as in the triggers too? I was thinking of getting a 360 wireless controller this week...

If it is fixed, then it's time to buy.

RuinedReBirth
Feb 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
Just like the wired controllers, the triggers are mapped as your Z-axis...which does suck, but I don't find myself using every key on the controller anyway.

Akaimizu
Feb 27, 2007, 09:50 AM
I think they want those Z-axis buttons because of the Simulators that use it. I bet money Flight Simulator X probably runs like a beauty with those triggers as the analogue Yaw controls. Of course, stuff like MAME can set Z-axis to button inputs. The bad thing is, that means the Left and Right triggers most likely can't be used together to register as two different inputs, simultaneously, with that setup.

I think it's the problem of the PC not having one game example of having 4 different analogue signals configured for any game, unlike the 360, which utilizes 4 different analogue controls. Still, it would be nice to have some optional control setup that simply added the triggers as buttons. That controller has a lot of buttons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-27 06:55 ]</font>

Warning
Mar 3, 2007, 04:39 AM
i think u could use something like Xpadder (clickme) (http://www.xpadder.com/) to make the Z axis map able or something im not too sure i've not tested it as i use the custom XBCD drivers

slong
Mar 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
[quote]On 2007-02-23 23:58, RuinedReBirth wrote:

what drivers did u use and how did u install it. May u please tell us please. Thank you.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
Google search XBCD and work it out.

It's a driver that sets the triggers to sperate axises.