PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Question about line shields

funnymatt
Feb 22, 2007, 05:24 AM
I know people say that the elemental percentage of a line shield is more important than the DFP boost. How does the percentage affect attacks from those enemies? With my Hoza-Senba 12% dark and a mega/rainbow I'm immune to megid on s-rank LL missions. (I'm a 59/5 Male Newman Fortetecher). Would a considerably less expensive Ageha-Senba at 38% do the same for me? The DFP drops by 40, the EVA goes down by 38 or so, and the MST drops by 19 (Those numbers may be off by a bit- hard to read the blue numbers from across the room). Is there some chart out there that shows what typical damage from various enemies is based on your DFP, MST, EVA, elemental %, etc.? Thanks for any info on this topic.

-Matt

SolomonGrundy
Feb 22, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-02-22 02:24, funnymatt wrote:
I know people say that the elemental percentage of a line shield is more important than the DFP boost. How does the percentage affect attacks from those enemies? With my Hoza-Senba 12% dark and a mega/rainbow I'm immune to megid on s-rank LL missions. (I'm a 59/5 Male Newman Fortetecher). Would a considerably less expensive Ageha-Senba at 38% do the same for me? The DFP drops by 40, the EVA goes down by 38 or so, and the MST drops by 19 (Those numbers may be off by a bit- hard to read the blue numbers from across the room). Is there some chart out there that shows what typical damage from various enemies is based on your DFP, MST, EVA, elemental %, etc.? Thanks for any info on this topic.

-Matt

The elemental percentage make the bigger difference, for sure. With regard to spells, you own MST is the biggest factor in resisting, and the 38% , key off this number.

Now, newman DFP is terrible, so I'm not sure how this will pan out...

_Deliverance_
Feb 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
Not worth it. You should be more concerned with EVP, because even if you are resisting some damage from physical attacks, it will still only be a few before you get in trouble or die.

EVP is a godsend for FT.

Golto
Feb 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
Keep this in mind every 5 dfp reduces melee dmg by 1, every 5 mst reduces tech dmg by 1. But % can reduce damage much greater than that. The stronger the monster's atp/tp the greater dmg reduction the element % gives. You can't say that for non-% dmg reducers like dfp and mst. There will never be an armor that has enough dfp or evp to overcome the dmg reduction good element % can do. I would take the 38% dark over that 12% dark armor anyday.

foamcup
Feb 22, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, go with the 38% and stick a rainbow on it, you will laugh at dark monsters pitiful attempts to hurt you. Your DFP will be lower, but their physical attacks are dark element, so you'll be taking less damage with that higer percentage.

I got my hands on a 22% lightning element Hoza-senba yesterday, I no longer fear Go Vahra, and not wearing my Sori helps againt koltova and distova. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

A2K
Feb 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
It can be a powerful advantage; the only real flaw to the strategy is your armor will be all but useless if you walk into the wrong area. While Go Vahras will cower before your lightning armor, even getting looked at by a Bil de Vear will kill you.

Golto
Feb 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
I don't know of any free mission (only 1 story mission has some) with lightning and ground monsters, esp the two you mentioned. Simple switch armors when doing a different mission. Pretty stupid to wear lightning armor were the majority of monsters are ground type. The only real problems you will run into by using high % low stat armors is against neutral enemies.

funnymatt
Feb 22, 2007, 02:22 PM
Sweet, looks like I'll take my half million on the 360 and buy some high % armors with it and just switch depending on where I'm headed/what I'm fighting. Thanks!