PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Sori-Senba hate?

Joeshady
Feb 24, 2007, 07:25 AM
Just curious.

APEXi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:31 AM
umm. based on the details you have given i'm going to say... because

Joeshady
Feb 24, 2007, 07:33 AM
...I've seen a lot of people on this board call it noob armor. Those are the people this topic is for. Move along...

Zarbolord
Feb 24, 2007, 07:34 AM
Wehate it and love it at the same time, well most of us do anyway. Its great cos of the 4 slot cazpability. Downfalls are, its one of the ok ish armors in A rank, and it can only be synthed for ice element (and I keep on seeing 11% ice, man I'm lucky to have a 12% =_=).

Retehi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:35 AM
Theres been one in my shop for 3 days for 1000 meseta.

No one bought it.

APEXi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:37 AM
being ice only limits it to a nudaiz-only role. and even though it's 8* the gi-senba you can buy from npc provides better ice protection

Almalexia
Feb 24, 2007, 08:25 AM
360,000 for 11% ice that will most likely not keep you alive after feeling the brunt of Barta from a Olgohmen. I have gi and sori... Gi will reduce ice damage by quite alot. Do not be fooled by the DFP rating on armors. The element % governs over it.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 09:01 AM
its my fav armor, i mean comon, 4 slots!! lol

i like how its only 11%, it makes it practically neutral, meaning no retarded 'armor switching', cauz thats a task (not that i ever did)

Dre_o
Feb 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
I think it's because the n00bs want people to go into their shops and buy their armor that has 30% to Earth (come on noobs, EARTH??? ALL 2 ENEMIES THAT USE IT OR ARE A THREAT) but anyways, they want you to go to their shops and buy that 30% armor for 4 million meseta.

Greedy bastards.

BahnKnakyu
Feb 24, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-02-24 06:44, Dre_o wrote:
I think it's because the n00bs want people to go into their shops and buy their armor that has 30% to Earth (come on noobs, EARTH??? ALL 2 ENEMIES THAT USE IT OR ARE A THREAT)

Er, I'd kill for that armor so I can run Moatoob.

Golto
Feb 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
Its the noob armor because I have failed too many bruce's b and a runs with morons wearing this. They get raped by buffed vandas and vanda mehras iin 2 secs. I've been in Hive S parties were noobs wearing this armor get 1 hit killed from Gaozorons' foie. Which won't happen if wearing anything but ice % armor. Npc noob sori senba might only be 11% but you will take more than 11% added damage from fire techs and fire enemies. The vast majority of characters wearing this don't have enough a rank units to make the 4 slots even remotely usefull. And those that do have hacked units. You don't need all 4 slots for any one character type. Forces reaally don't need arm slots, ranger and hunters don't need head slots.

Almalexia
Feb 24, 2007, 11:48 AM
I think it's because the n00bs want people to go into their shops and buy their armor that has 30% to Earth (come on noobs, EARTH??? ALL 2 ENEMIES THAT USE IT OR ARE A THREAT) but anyways, they want you to go to their shops and buy that 30% armor for 4 million meseta.

Greedy bastards.

I have 20% earth Yamata-senba and I run moatoob occasionally ^_^.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
On 2007-02-24 08:42, Golto wrote:
You don't need all 4 slots for any one character type. Forces reaally don't need arm slots, ranger and hunters don't need head slots.

Force: arm slot = better cards/bows
Ranger & Hunter: head slot: MST boosts

yeah, most deff needed

_Deliverance_
Feb 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
It's not too bad. But people who wear it on Bruce runs, or to fight DeRagan S are just..... Well....

Not too long ago, it was _the_ armor that everyone was trying to get. It was partially responsible for the start of photon inflation.

CrabRangoon
Feb 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
Forces reaally don't need arm slots, ranger and hunters don't need head slots.

Depends on the Force, but I cram all the ATA I can into all my characters, if they happen to have an arm slot on their armor.

Also, I'd vote that Cast players in the Ranger and Hunter department could most definitely benefit from head slots to boost MST. I actually commonly frown upon Casts running up and bashing on enemies that dish out lots of spells and crush their HP bar all-the-while not having boosted MST or elemental armor that could drastically cut that damage dealt to them down.

But I agree with everything else you said in your post. I make quite a point to not wear the element that is opposing to the enemies I'm fighting, and I dont take to kindly to party joiners who do it either.

pokefiend
Feb 24, 2007, 12:29 PM
Its the noob armor because I have failed too many bruce's b and a runs with morons wearing this. They get raped by buffed vandas and vanda mehras iin 2 secs. I've been in Hive S parties were noobs wearing this armor get 1 hit killed from Gaozorons' foie. Which won't happen if wearing anything but ice % armor. Npc noob sori senba might only be 11% but you will take more than 11% added damage from fire techs and fire enemies. The vast majority of characters wearing this don't have enough a rank units to make the 4 slots even remotely usefull. And those that do have hacked units. You don't need all 4 slots for any one character type. Forces reaally don't need arm slots, ranger and hunters don't need head slots.

ummm... I where a Gi-senba (which has 26% ice) in Bruce Bs and I rarely ever die. Though I do agree that in Hive S, and Omngoug boss battles, the armor can be fatal.

Joeshady
Feb 24, 2007, 12:55 PM
I've had one on my Fighgunner for awhile, and I've been everywhere and done everything with it on. Dragon runs aren't really a problem unless you're an idiot. Done Bruce's B, but anything higher I'd have to say it's probably not a good idea. Haven't tried Hive S yet, and the mage's foie *is* a bitch. I suppose skill can only go so far, because dumb luck will slap you in the face every now and again.

Thanks for the input.

RadiantLegend
Feb 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
Noob armor? Hows that when its more challenging to stay alive?

Ill take on any fire elemental Mob with my sori-senba.
"Every pain received from thou shall be dealt with revenge onto thee"

CelestialBlade
Feb 24, 2007, 02:19 PM
Rule 1: Don't stand in front of Vandas.
Rule 2: You can run from De Ragan's attacks, you know.

There, Sori-Senba is awesome armor now.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
i mean comon, n00b armor? thats just retarded.

no A rank armor is n00b armor, they all benefit you.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2007, 02:43 PM

1) Like you said, they're morons. Apparently it's not a newb armor, because it if was, the morons could stay alive.
2) A rank units aren't a necessity of A rank armor, you act like it is. A VAST majority of players do not have A rank units.
3) Units cannot be hacked, so wth are you talking about.
4) No matter who you are, any slot can be useful. Some are better for certain classes than others, but it's never bad to have a slot.

THE JACKEL

Tiyr
Feb 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
Head slots are nice for the MST boost, but most armor that doesn't have a head slot has inherently better MST than Yohmei armor anyway.

And people call it noob armor because people who are too stupid to know better wear it for anything, when you're better served wearing 4* armor with a decent elemental %.

You don't have to like switching armors, hell, you don't have to do it, but you're certainly going to do a lot better if you do.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 24, 2007, 03:14 PM

Greedy bastards.

silly Dre_O it's great Mooatoob armor. Bear, Bul buna's and the little crawly guys all are lightning element. Personally I lurve it (the armor)

_DooM_
Feb 24, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have it and i never died on Bruce B.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
ppls defination of n00b things: sumthing everyone has, so it must be easy/simple

so if every force got a Psycho Wand, it would become a n00b staff? is that what ur tryna say?

just because everyone has it, doesnt mean its n00b armor, its SMART armor.

its plain stupid to got out of ur way to swap armor every 2 seconds, just to reduce a hit from 100HP to 80HP. its not a big deal. Trimates are ment to be used.

Golto
Feb 24, 2007, 04:11 PM
32 mst boost is bascially nothing, 6 less dmg from techs. Units on the pc side were duped and hacked. I don't know which ranks you play Rashiid but chaning armors in srank or a rank bruce's can mean a difference of 200 damage reduction or more. Against techs try 600 or more reduction. So missing one loosy unit is more than worth it by not wearing this armor.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
Units were never duped or hacked, I don't know where you got off thinking that. It's the one thing the hackers never got to.

I only change armors before a mission, and typically to the most abundant/damaging element, and that's enough for me.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
Well, i always hav scapes, and i h8 bruce w/ the passion

id rather take less damage from EVERY enemy in the game, then constantly switch for enemys all the time

AweOfShe
Feb 24, 2007, 05:09 PM
I don't mind Sori-Senba. I have a ton of better armour, but I in no way HATE it. I equip armors based on matching colours, with what I'm wearing anyway. Screw stats. Fashion all the way. :P

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:09, AweOfShe wrote:
Screw stats. Fashion all the way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Feb 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
as WT, sori-senba is very helpful; I get my tp increase unit, atp increase unit, dfp/evp increase unit, and me / hprestore( which is quite helpful for me since my HP is so high)

Jey
Feb 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:09, AweOfShe wrote:
I don't mind Sori-Senba. I have a ton of better armour, but I in no way HATE it. I equip armors based on matching colours, with what I'm wearing anyway. Screw stats. Fashion all the way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When I First got a Sori, it was so hard finding clothes that matched (male human) that I ended up just going topless with those baggy neudais PJ pants, with no line-shield showing ,_,

I don't mind Sori... it's good all-purpose low-requirement armor in those non-S non-Bruce missions where it can really hard for things to kill your character no matter what it is.

Not everyone can afford 30%+ fire lines, and if you keep tossing vanda salad with the right PAs, their breath doesn't really matter.

Soukosa
Feb 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
It's called the noob armor since people wear it for the 4 slots since they feel compelled that they need all 4 of them. Guess something to do with the old PSO noobs who use WTs as a means to make up for their broken HUnewearls only to complain about it when they can't do just that. No class needs all 4 slots and no one here has brought up a decent enough argument to support it. Ice armor is also one of the worst to use since most ice enemies are also around fire enemies. If you have to wear it all the time for Neudaiz because of Gohmons/Olgohmons than you're a noob yourself. A skilled player should be able to avoid the Barta. Of course, a decent team should be putting them in a state to where they can't even cast it to begin with.

Also, anything can be duped, including units. But only things that you can synthed can be hacked.

And the worms on Moatoob are earth property, not lightning. There's no lightning element enemies on Moatoob outside of the Endrum stuff so it'd be perfectly sane to use earth armor there, especially around Bils. Only thing that would hurt in such maps would be the Zonde from Zoonas which I don't think is much of a worry.

EphekZ
Feb 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:27, Sounomi wrote:
It's called the noob armor since people wear it for the 4 slots since they feel compelled that they need all 4 of them. Guess something to do with the old PSO noobs who use WTs as a means to make up for their broken HUnewearls only to complain about it when they can't do just that. No class needs all 4 slots and no one here has brought up a decent enough argument to support it. Ice armor is also one of the worst to use since most ice enemies are also around fire enemies. If you have to wear it all the time for Neudaiz because of Gohmons/Olgohmons than you're a noob yourself. A skilled player should be able to avoid the Barta. Of course, a decent team should be putting them in a state to where they can't even cast it to begin with.

WT= FOmar =D not HUney as they were bad.( I would perfer a melee FOney to a HUney)

anyways, what you do say is true, I dont NEED the other slots, it's just nice to have. only slots I really need are head and body(which yohmei comes with) I also agree on what you said about the barta dodging, it's not even fast haha

Golto
Feb 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-02-24 13:47, Rashiid wrote:
Well, i always hav scapes, and i h8 bruce w/ the passion

id rather take less damage from EVERY enemy in the game, then constantly switch for enemys all the time

The problem is you WON'T take less damage from all enemies. You'll take more from fire based techs and enemies regardless of whatever lame unit you have equipped. Sori-senba's stats aren't that great either because of how damage is calculated. Gi-Senba 101 dfp mst 88 28% ice. Noob Sori-Senba 155 dfp 135 mst 11% ice. So against non-ice and non-fire based enemies/tech Noob Sori will reduce melee dmg 10-11 points more than Gi-Senba and reduce tech dmg 9-10 points. On srank missions this damage reduction is basically NOTHING maybe 1-3% reduction at the very most. Now try wearing noob sori-senba fighting the srank go varhas and take note of the damage. Now switch to Teroline (95 dfp 122 mst 25% lightning) and be atonished by the damage difference.

This is another reason why it is the noob armor. Noobs can't or won't understand that element % way outclasses dfp/mst in the damage reduction department. There will NEVER be an armor with high enough dfp/mst to overcome the damage reduction of even 25% elemental armor against srank or better enemies.

Almalexia
Feb 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:27, Sounomi wrote:

Also, anything can be duped, including units. But only things that you can synthed can be hacked.

And the worms on Moatoob are earth property, not lightning. There's no lightning element enemies on Moatoob outside of the Endrum stuff so it'd be perfectly sane to use earth armor there, especially around Bils. Only thing that would hurt in such maps would be the Zonde from Zoonas which I don't think is much of a worry.

Um, you see the thing about it is, you wear ele armor not just for the techs BUT FOR THE melee hits. These increase/decrease too. And not all ice enemies are surrounded by fire(in the case of Moonlight Beast and Forested Island). Now I will agree on the noob part if Sori-senba is ALL a player will wear for Neudaiz. If a fire enemy wave comes, you are supposed to swap armors accordingly. Now imagine De Ragnus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif gosh I swap so much in there. "Skilled players should know how to avoid Barta". No one is perfect and not everyone watchs your back(or is able to) you WILL get hit eventually by it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-24 15:30 ]</font>

Retehi
Feb 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
I wish I cared so much about what armor someone was wearing.

Almalexia
Feb 24, 2007, 06:35 PM
Well.

Its kinda not fair to the rest in your party(FORCE) if you're wearing the wrong armor. I've been in groups with people capped and taking double the damage while I barely get under 1500HP.

Golto
Feb 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
For people who say not eveyone can have multiple ele armors if you can afford sori-senba you can afford to get a gigaline 26% fire from npc. Equip mega rainbow at thats 34% fiire.

Weakness
Feb 24, 2007, 09:43 PM
;;>.> I never realized how nice it is to use guns and not have to worry about getting hit to begin with.

Silly Hunters.

Sure I get hit from time to time, every now and then something comes after me and sends me flying across the room. I use a Sori-senba based on one amazing fact... I don't care to go out and buy a fleet of armor for "this and this" or "that and that" mission. I have a 20% Dark Crimsonline that I will use when my defense is high enough, and then I will go back to not caring.

On 2007-02-24 15:33, Retehi wrote:
I wish I cared so much about what armor someone was wearing.

QFT.

Stop your bitching, this isn't some dire emergency. Not everyone who wears such and such, or uses this or that is a "noob."

I use only a bow on GunTecher, don't cure, don't buff/debuff, just shoot my bow. Go on, you know you want to take the flame bait. But guess what? I don't care, I just like the way my character looks with a bow...

And as we all know, fashion > stats in this game. Go back to FF XI or WoW so you can brag about your e-peen now. Shoo, go on!

EJ
Feb 24, 2007, 09:51 PM
i use it sometimes but I had it before it was out in npc shops with 26% i think so when in neudaiz it saves my life.

Ether
Feb 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
I love people who brag about sucking in a team based game

CelestialBlade
Feb 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
You're ALL mislead.

A 22% Beef-element Carline is the way to go. Wear anything else and you're a total noob who obviously knows nothing about the game. Ever.

Tiyr
Feb 25, 2007, 01:22 AM
On 2007-02-24 19:04, Ether wrote:
I love people who brag about sucking in a team based game

Win.

desolant11
Feb 25, 2007, 01:24 AM
i always wear my sori when i play in neudiaz.

Krans
Feb 25, 2007, 07:28 AM
Gi-Senba = better ice protection for 320k cheaper nuff said

Faendryl
Feb 25, 2007, 08:04 AM
I still wear an ageha-senba 0% as a force and I haven't died in ages; beat that ^_^

Almalexia
Feb 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
You know what?

Weakness please, with the FFXI crap. You'd fit in just FINE there with that atitude.

Think about your money and think about yourselves as well as your team. This isn't about fluanting epeens, this is about playing at your best. Not at your worst because 'you don't care'. Hey if you wanna spend 340975039475039475 on mates, be my guest! Sori-senba is not good armor at all. +115dfp or whatever, +30947095740957409 DFP doesn't mean a thing.

I mean damn... do any of you people know how to play PSU????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-25 05:21 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Feb 25, 2007, 08:31 AM
Sori is fine for my WT. Being hit for +11% makes no difference when I have over 2100 hp and can resta for around 800.

Sure most creatures are fire.. but most fire creatures aren't dangerous. I will take it off if I become a liabilty.

Lastat27
Feb 25, 2007, 08:35 AM
The ability to make an armor any element is seriously under-rated these days. A lot of people don't know that by equipping say... fire elemental armor... it reduces not only fire technic damage, but also the physical attacks dealt by all fire-type mobs.

Badira's go from dealing 40 damage a hit to 0 damage a hit when equipping fire armor. Kogg Nadds natural spike defense deals 0 damage when using light armor. A high earth % armor will stop you from being KO'd from Bil de Vears spins. And bosses, if wearing a high element %, is like your fighting a C Rank boss in an S Rank map.

This is why most people are switching from Sori-senba (calling it junk and selling it for 1,000 meseta) to switching to a Crimson Line / Yamata-senba and using all 6 elements. Even if you only buy 10% Crimsonlines, equipping Mega / Rainbow to add another 8% reduces damage so much that DFP and MST don't even matter anymore.

ycavan
Feb 25, 2007, 09:01 AM
I'll say that I do love this armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Beast Wartecher... need head slot for TP, need arm slot for ATA, need body slot for mega/wall and LOVE extra slot for regen. *shrugs*

Faendryl
Feb 25, 2007, 09:08 AM
I know how to play PSU just fine(though it isn't my fault elemental %'s are overpowering in an already ridiculously easy game). You'll be hard pressed to find a ton of people on Xbox360 PSU with 6 pairs of A rank armour with awesome elemental percents...though I'm sure it's different on PC/PS2.

I do wear a rainbow unit and always having 10 scape dolls for the once in a blue moon time I do get ko'd is much cheaper than the insane meseta costs of the armour you're suggesting(not many people make armour over here to sell either). I also don't do bruce runs; if I had the money for all the different armour I'd wear it(though I still manage without it). Being a Rogue in EQ tends to teach you how to survive with what little you have.

Tiyr
Feb 25, 2007, 10:01 AM
On 2007-02-25 06:08, Faendryl wrote:
I know how to play PSU just fine(though it isn't my fault elemental %'s are overpowering in an already ridiculously easy game). You'll be hard pressed to find a ton of people on Xbox360 PSU with 6 pairs of A rank armour with awesome elemental percents...though I'm sure it's different on PC/PS2.

I do wear a rainbow unit and always having 10 scape dolls for the once in a blue moon time I do get ko'd is much cheaper than the insane meseta costs of the armour you're suggesting(not many people make armour over here to sell either). I also don't do bruce runs; if I had the money for all the different armour I'd wear it(though I still manage without it). Being a Rogue in EQ tends to teach you how to survive with what little you have.

The point isn't that you get tons of 7*-9* armor, the point is that if you get a set of 4*'s with decent elemental %'s, it's better AND cheaper than a one or two A-ranks. The only real reasons to get (or need) A-rank armors are a) set bonus (like Phantom) or b) A-rank units.

Hell, even some of the shop-default stuff is decent (Teroline for lightning, Gigaline for fire, Gi-Senba for ice, etc). Or synth a bunch of Ageha-Senba (approx. 10k per attempt, pretty cheap) and throw in a mega-rainbow and you've got a VERY durable piece of armor.

Lastat27
Feb 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
Just make sure if your wearing 4 star armors that you switch elements on every hard hitting mob. Defense does play a big role if your using low end armor and not switching elements often.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
Best armor = scape dolls

Golto
Feb 25, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-02-25 05:31, Nani-chan wrote:
Sori is fine for my WT. Being hit for +11% makes no difference when I have over 2100 hp and can resta for around 800.

Sure most creatures are fire.. but most fire creatures aren't dangerous. I will take it off if I become a liabilty.

Just +11% to damage is incorrect. You have to add another 15% or so and 8% if you have mega rainbow. So if you are wearing npc sori-senba + mega rainbow you will be taking 34% more than you should against fire based melee and techs. That extra 34% really starts to add up in s rank missions.

Hoza-Senba 0% damage from Go Vahras 155-163
Hoza-Senba 20% ground damage from Go Vahras 207-222
Hoza-Senba 28%(8% from mega rainbow) ground damage from Go Vahras 223~245

So at 20% I received roughly 34% more damage. At 28% I received roughly 43% more damage.

The only use for sori-senba is for some Neudiaz missions and if you somehow have both a rank head and arm units. You don't need all four slots.

Mega Wall is a useless unit. +14 dfp means around 3 points less damage from melee hits. All the store bought head units are crap increases too. 50 more tp means 10 more damage per tech so not even 30 more damage for the highest % tech. 30 more MST means 6 points less damage from techs. Mega Power + 50 atp thats only 10 more damage per hit up to what 18 with the highest % melee/ranged pa. I don't know about you but 18 more damage against normal defense monsters in s rank missions is nothing. If you can equip sori-senba you can use the higher damage weapons so this would be less than 5% damage increase in the best case senario.

Come on people do the math its just not worth it. I haven't seen any facts that can deny the fact that unless you live in the Neudiaz Missions that have ice casting enemies player made sori-senba 20%+ ice is not worth wearing just for all 4 slots. Npc bought is not even a debate.

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
I can wear aluminum foil and stay alive!!! If you're over lvl 30 you should be able to avoid most attacks and change your tactics based on the enemies you face and the equipment you have!! Too many people depend on their gear and not there skills... I've seen level 50 characters running around on fire because they didn't know to use antimate in time and they waiste a scape doll. I bought a Sori and I haven't changed it because I'm waiting for s armors to update my gear but not because I "Need it to stay alive..." I rarely die on any S mission and when I do I don't blame my gear. By the way Mega rainbow lowers the damage of ice/fire on a sori consider this..

A) a Mega Rainbow on a nuetral armor protects from ALL elements even meaning it boosts every element evenly but doesn't add negative efeectes of the opposing element otherwise it be a useless unit!! (You'd have zero extra protection)

B) The Boost from Ice to the sori usin the rainbow unit is much improved and the def against fire is increased as well since that is the units job as stated in A!!!! So that means fire damage is lowered as the unit does ITS JOB!!! (Unite ele def - the armors ele weaknes = ele dmage)

C) When better elemental units are introduced the better the Sori will perform on an elemental protection stance.

d) Sori-Senba has a low def requirement and a very good def and evd that is better then higher def required armors and 4 slots don't hurt anything either.

E) If you're playing the game for what is out now you are the "nOOb" because as greater units esp come out then all line shields will benifit, not jus Sori, but since it is the subject that means Sori-Senbi is good armor now and maybe even better later as PSU updates.

F) If you depend on gear to live and you die all the time with a Sori, Gi, or any line shield then just delete your psu account. I''ve seen people game on s with NO armor and not die. Get some tactics people!!!

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
for those that are bad at math, hes saying we should spend over 2-3mil, just to take a little damage off of SELECTED enemys, BS

Sori FTW

edit: directed to Golto's statement

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-25 11:00 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Gi-senba will reduce damage more than sori, got damn....it's been said over and over in this topic. FUCKING READ PLEASE.

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
People's math is askew... the lower Ice def on a sori is a plus if you add in the current Mega Rainbow and even more so with the later Rainbow units!!! Units don't add to damage you take so a sor-rainbow combo is strong vs ice and not as bad as plain sori vs. fire! A better rainbow unit increases this and so on. The higher ice def on a gi is worse vs fir and a gi-rainbow combo is still weak against fire, not as bad as just gi, but much worse then sori.. Did everyone fail math class and apptitude tests? Elemental units boost elemental defenses and do not add to elemental weakness unless you are using a single elemental unit, that is way rainbows elemental def is so low because the positives are so high!!!!!

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-02-25 11:26, Almalexia wrote:
Gi-senba will reduce damage more than sori, got damn....it's been said over and over in this topic. FUCKING READ PLEASE.

um, for ur info, ppl dont buy Sori just for its Ice, its 8* and all slots and great stats, so it will last people a long time

11% is next to nothing, get over it.

edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-25 12:06 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 02:58 PM
Um, Devious, couple corrections homes:

First, Mega/Rainbow does nothing when you equip it on neutral-element armor. It only boosts the armor's natural elemental resistance. Neutral armor has no elemental resistance to boost.

Second, equipping Mega/Rainbow on a Sori will increase the damage you take from fire-based enemies, not decrease it.

You can continue on with whatever you were talking about now.

Golto
Feb 25, 2007, 03:02 PM
You should have read my previous post because it proves that you get more than 11% additional damage. Aganist s rank Gaozarns' fioe this means 300-600 more damage. It also proves that mega rainbow only increases the element % of the armor not all element %. That 11% turns into 34% if equipped with a rainbow. With the money you spent on sori-senba you could have bought Gi-Senba 28% ice, Gigaline 26% fire, Te-Senba 27% light, and TeroLine 25% lightning. Thats 4 armors with better element % for less than that crappy sori-senba you still cling to.

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-02-25 11:58, Sekani wrote:
Um, Devious, couple corrections homes:

First, Mega/Rainbow does nothing when you equip it on neutral-element armor. It only boosts the armor's natural elemental resistance. Neutral armor has no elemental resistance to boost.

Second, equipping Mega/Rainbow on a Sori will increase the damage you take from fire-based enemies, not decrease it.

You can continue on with whatever you were talking about now.

On 2007-02-25 12:02, Golto wrote:
You should have read my previous post because it proves that you get more than 11% additional damage. Aganist s rank Gaozarns' fioe this means 300-600 more damage. It also proves that mega rainbow only increases the element % of the armor not all element %. That 11% turns into 34% if equipped with a rainbow. With the money you spent on sori-senba you could have bought Gi-Senba 28% ice, Gigaline 26% fire, Te-Senba 27% light, and TeroLine 25% lightning. Thats 4 armors with better element % for less than that crappy sori-senba you still cling to.

That definately isn't true, there are specified units that boost specific elemental resistances, all of them are offline only right now, and they add to elemenatl power/weakness and increase them a lot. rainbows add to all elemental rsistances but not weakness so the lvl of protection is lowered but varied, otherwise the unit would be worthless for the price!!! I know this from trial and error offline and by using it on my fighgunner from lvl 35-lvl 54 currently. Rainbows are good units for this reason and is why it costs so much and it's lvl starts at b for 8% elemental def... Try playing offline to train for the online experience. you can buy things easier and learn the diferent set ups!!!

Also, I don't cling to armor as much as I don't care about it right now. I use what I have until I find something better I like and the truth is nothing is so much better that I need to buy it right now as I don't have a damage problem ever... When s ranked armors are available I'll invest is the best one for my playing style. I have a sori and a rainbow and take no additional damage to make me die more then others, in fact I rarely die ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-25 12:14 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Feb 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
i wear a sori-senba because

a)it has 4 slots

b)i only wear one armor and it has good stats

c)i cant afford a crimson line

d)i dont like other people telling me how i should play a game im great at

e)you can make a sori with a higher element than 11% and kick gi-senba's ass in all ways theoretically possible

f)rainbow only adds on to your armors element. get over it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-02-25 12:11 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:02, Golto wrote:

11% means 11% more.

say the Gaozarn's foie does 900 normally.

w/ the sori, it would do about what 950-990.

is that REALLY a big difference? no.

and, nobody really weres a Mega / Rainbow, usually a Mega / Wall, since thats more usefull.

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe things work differently offline, but for online what I mentioned is the proven truth.

You can wear whatever armor/units you want though, as long as you're not dropping dead every five seconds I could care less.

On 2007-02-25 12:10, Rashiid wrote:
and, nobody really weres a Mega / Wall, usually a Mega / Rainbow, since thats more usefull.

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-02-25 12:22 ]</font>

Ether
Feb 25, 2007, 03:13 PM
Sori-Senba: 11% ice
Total Cost: 360k

Advantages: All slots, A rank
Disadvantages: Provides little defense from everything. 11% is very low for an element, and using it around fire enemies will cause you to take MORE damage.

Giga-Line: 45k 26% Fire
Gi-Senba: 45k 28% Ice
Rabol Giga: 45 23% Earth
Tero-Line: 95k 25% Lightning
Te-Senba: 95k 27% Light
Rabol Tero: 95k 21% Dark
Total Cost: 420k

Advantages: Every single armor listed has a body slot for a mega/rainbow. Equip a mega/rainbow, and be taking over 30% less damage
Disadvantages: Slightly more expensive, gi-senba doesn't have an arm slot. No A rank units

I'll take the latter. I mean, what is the point of armor if not to reduce how much damage you take

and, nobody really weres a Mega / Rainbow, usually a Mega / Wall, since thats more usefull.

Nevermind, I give up. You're hopeless

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2007-02-25 12:15 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
ok, im hopeless, and still 85% of the community hav Sori-Senba. ok.

as i stated earlier; best armor = Scape Doll

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 03:28 PM
Its just a game, get over yourselves. The truth is if so many people had a problem with the armor, they wouldn't own it!!! If you're dying so much with a sori then maybe it's not your line shield, it's how bad you play... There are no bad A-S armors, they were all designed for a reason, the low def requirements and ok ele def +4 slots makes a sori a good investment. there are more enemies then fire types and that's where the extra def/evd make a sori good for people to have. If you can't doge fire by time you have a sori then you are worthless and need to quit playing. Get on with your lives because "which armor/weapon/pa/etc." is better topics are opinon and style based questions and unprovable until the ultimate end all be all equipment comes along and even then someone could funtion better with "lower grade" gear. Sori-senba is great for its def requirment and usefull for its slots for all character types but esp forces that want a def/evd/power/accuracy boost to try and catch up physically a bit and for advanced class to use units to cover deficiencies a little, esp when better units become availible. The truth of the matter is if you can't find a use for equipment you have a limitted mind and ability...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-25 12:31 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
Devious, you have four posts in this thread. You're not allowed to call it pointless or tell anyone to get over themselves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Crokar-
Feb 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
i had no idea so many people used mega/rainbow. i still aint gonna use it though.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
lol yeah i was gonna say 'i dont care anyway'

but w/ all the posts i made, it makes it seem like i do, so too late for that now >.>

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 03:41 PM
I'm not saying posting is pointless, just calling people stupid or saying an armor is "worthless" is pointless and unprovable. There are many ways to play and many items to use so saying something is useless or calling people dumb for using items effectively is pointless. Read what I say, not "into" what I say.

Ubersoldat
Feb 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:13, Ether wrote:
Sori-Senba: 11% ice
Total Cost: 360k

Advantages: All slots, A rank
Disadvantages: Provides little defense from everything. 11% is very low for an element, and using it around fire enemies will cause you to take MORE damage.

Giga-Line: 45k 26% Fire
Gi-Senba: 45k 28% Ice
Rabol Giga: 45 23% Earth
Tero-Line: 95k 25% Lightning
Te-Senba: 95k 27% Light
Rabol Tero: 95k 21% Dark
Total Cost: 420k

Advantages: Every single armor listed has a body slot for a mega/rainbow. Equip a mega/rainbow, and be taking over 30% less damage
Disadvantages: Slightly more expensive, gi-senba doesn't have an arm slot. No A rank units

I'll take the latter. I mean, what is the point of armor if not to reduce how much damage you take

Nevermind, I give up. You're hopeless

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2007-02-25 12:15 ]</font>

Switching armors mid mission = waste of time (and inventory). Honostly, I can't be asked to switch armor every 30 seconds when a new mob of different element comes along.

The only exceptions I'd make are for Agata Relics, and Hive/LL/FoF, because those are all of a single element, in which case I use a Te-Senba and Rabol Tero.

Otherwise I'll just stick w/ the Sori-Senba with its naturaly high dfp and mst.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
someone should start a useless flame war to end this...

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:41, XDeviousX wrote:
I'm not saying posting is pointless, just calling people stupid or saying an armor is "worthless" is pointless and unprovable. There are many ways to play and many items to use so saying something is useless or calling people dumb for using items effectively is pointless. Read what I say, not "into" what I say.

Well, you did say "get over yourselves" and "get on with your lives" so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sori isn't worthless (I guess, if you're a newman 'techer or something), but there are better alternatives for taking less damage. That's the main point, and it's kind of hard to argue against.

Again, as long as you're not dropping dead every five seconds, I could care less what you use.

AweOfShe
Feb 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:49, Rashiid wrote:
someone should start a useless flame war to end this...

PSU = LOL SPREADSHEETS ONLINE

These armor stats are some serious buisiness, yo. :P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-02-25 12:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-02-25 12:55 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
I still think it's nice to have armor of different elements, but not worth switching mid mission. If I'm doing Agata relics, I put on my light armor. Doing HIVE, dark armor... etc. Certain areas have more of one enemy than another. Wear the armor best for that area. Of course, this is all stupid arguments. I'd much rather synth an armor with a high percent, even if it costs me millions. Screw the NPC store armors, I don't like them. My Crimson lines are the best, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Sori-Senba is a good armor, as long as you know what you're doing, but this is true for anything. Trying to say anything is inherently horrible, is just plain stupid. I could solo an S rank missions with nothing but a C-rank saber, if I wanted to. It's not a bad weapon, and someone may prefer doing that. If it does it's job, it works. No one can deny that a Sori-Senba boosts your stats and has 4 useful slots. That is its job, and it does it well.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
gawd damnit im outta spaghettii.....

XDeviousX
On 2007-02-25 12:50, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-02-25 12:41, XDeviousX wrote:

Well, you did say "get over yourselves" and "get on with your lives" so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sori isn't worthless (I guess, if you're a newman 'techer or something), but there are better alternatives for taking less damage. That's the main point, and it's kind of hard to argue against.

Again, as long as you're not dropping dead every five seconds, I could care less what you use.

I did say get over yourselves, but for calling people stupid and acting superior when obviously there is no "best" armor/unit combo, just a best armor and unit combo FOR YOU. Like I said, it only matter how you use your gear, not what you own. Hugs all around!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
this thread is just as stupid as arguing over sumthing like "OMG why are you using fire daggers on De Ragan!?!!?!?"

maybe because ppl WANT to.

we WANT to hav sori because we WANT to have more slots, since thats what we WANT!

no where in the guidebook or case does it say 'u cant want on this game, u MUST have (insert BS here)'

same goes for black heart. same as Mega / stamina.
why spend more money/time on getting one?

they WANT it since it looks kool.

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:02, Rashiid wrote:
this thread is just as stupid as arguing over sumthing like "OMG why are you using fire daggers on De Ragan!?!!?!?"

we WANT to hav sori because we WANT to have more slots, since thats what we WANT!

no where in the guidebook or case does it say 'u cant want on this game, u MUST have (insert BS here)'

LMFAO......indeed i agree with this statement. to each there own i'd say >_> if you like an armor use it if not dont use it (this thread is a broken record tho cuz this is basically what has been sed the whole time dam just give it up guys)

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 04:07 PM

Off topic but blackhearts main apeal besides looking cool is the stamina plus and high stamina allows you to continue to use a combo when hit by a major attack without falling to the ground, like when people beast up, meaning less pp loss and more damage potential, but yes, sori is good stuff.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:07, Senpai wrote:

LMFAO......indeed i agree with this statement. to each there own i'd say >_> if you like an armor use it if not dont use it (this thread is a broken record tho cuz this is basically what has been sed the whole time dam just give it up guys)

lol im sorri! i didnt mean to steal ur 'save the thread' spotlight XD

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 04:11 PM
bleh!!!!!! my light has been stolen !!!!!!! ^_^

Golto
Feb 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
Rashiid:
I am getting tired of people not being able to do simple math or test things for themselves. There is an extra 15% increase to damage when in elemental disadvantage. The numbers don't lie.

Again just incase

207-155 = 52 | 52/155 = 33.5% | 33.5% <> 20% does it?
223-155 = 68 | 68/155 = 43.8% | 43.8% <> 20% does it?

So at 20% I received roughly 34% more damage. At 28% I received roughly 43% more damage.I can't see how much clearer I can make it.

Rainbow DOES increase damage when at elemental disadvantge. Anyone who says it doesn't haven't tested on s rank monsters so the difference will be more than the random damage variance and can be noticed.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
*hands Senpai flashlight*

its not tha same, but its the thought that counts, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:14, Golto wrote:
Rashiid:
I am getting tired of people not being able to do simple math or test things for themselves. There is an extra 15% increase to damage when in elemental disadvantage. The numbers don't lie.

Again just incase

So at 20% I received roughly 34% more damage. At 28% I received roughly 43% more damage.I can't see how much clearer I can make it.

Rainbow DOES increase damage when at elemental disadvantge. Anyone who says it doesn't haven't tested on s rank monsters so the difference will be more than the random damage variance and can be noticed.

hey, whats between 0 and 20?

o yeah...11!!

last time i checked, the Sori from NPCs were 11%!!

stick that in ur math n smoke it!

Golto
Feb 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:19, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-02-25 13:14, Golto wrote:
Rashiid:

Again just incase

hey, whats between 0 and 20?

o yeah...11!!

last time i checked, the Sori from NPCs were 11%!!

stick that in ur math n smoke it!

Are you seriously this stupid? I was using a 20% armor I had to test online. You can't see that the damage was more than 20%? I guess not.

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 04:22 PM
lets try this again *clear throat* an armor is a armor, it performs the same function whether its a sori-senba or giga-line.......and you know what, imo...........zzzzzZZZZZZZZ X_X

*3 hours later after wiping the drool off my face*

.........and thats my thoughts on this subject!!!!! any questions???? ROFL

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
IN FACT IM CHANGING MY SIG CUZ OF THIS TO......

my chest is so wet cuz foie is melting my sori-senba x_X lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Senpai on 2007-02-25 13:27 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
11% is not a big deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this game is rated T for Fantasy Violence, Mild Languagem and Mild Suggestive Themes (which is weird, since Maya's bossums are more than just MILD), not for Uber Math Calculations.

get over it, nobody cares about a buncha numbers, just play the goddamn game how you (dont make me say it.....)
WANT!!!!!!!

Schubalts
Feb 25, 2007, 04:37 PM
How about we stop trying to ram our opinions down other people's throats, and let this stupid topic die WITHOUT it turning into a giant fireball.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
we want a giant fireball!!

w/ ur fighting ppl that use math instead of fun, they dont give up.

were better of let it get locked

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
You guys are funny, so busy arguing that you can't even tell you're talking about different things.

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 05:16 PM
BIG BANG FLAMING FIREBALL BLAST ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (big explosion)

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 05:26 PM
*gets up after exploion*

agghh...gghh...man that was a huge explo....

this thread is still here?!?!?!

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 05:31 PM
YAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! THIS IS IT.........RAGE.......OF .........INFERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
(even BIGGER EXPLOSION w/half my life energy put into the attack)
IT *breathing heavily* doesnt end here........ GATA GUN BLAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!
*breathing even harder and fell on back* is....is it over??????

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 05:35 PM
SENPAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*smashes hand on ground repeativly*

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT!!!

we cannot end this!!

Senpai
Feb 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WILL THIS EVER END............DAMN YOU LEEROY JENKINS!!!!!!!!

Dhylec
Feb 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
I think this will do for this topic. Show's over folks, go bully some Gohmon for fun.