PDA

View Full Version : To all defenders of inflation and hackers

TheFonz
Feb 25, 2007, 09:32 AM
Ok, so its a bit of a blunt topic title but I have recently seen many topics where people are defending or simply tolerating hacked meseta, but right here I'd like to know why? What good have these Hackers brought to PSU?

As far as I'm concerned, they're slowly killing PSU PC/PS2. People blame Sega and their lack of love to US/EU, which also plays a major role but I think the majority of the time it's due to Hackers. I really don't see how people can defend such people unless they're either Hackers themselves or good friends with hackers.

_Deliverance_
Feb 25, 2007, 09:41 AM
It's not a matter of defending it. It's that I just don't give a shit. All MMO's suffer from inflation. I don't care how it happens, because I just play my game. I have better things to worry about than the state of a virtual economy.

Kelevra
Feb 25, 2007, 09:43 AM
Well I personally have a life, with a job, a family, school and such things that disallow me from playing this game for 24 hours at a time. This means that I cant get to lvl 60 in a week, because i have home work, gym, and other important activities to prolong my life. The hacker inflation has allowed me to sell my photons for the retards that play this game for 24 hours strait. Thus affording to buy weapons that are fun and cool looking. But thats me personally, I can care less about balancing a video game based economy because all i want is to have fun. I would much rather have sega give us the full game we paid for than keep dwelling on stupid problems like this.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
You dont have to be friends or the thing you are defending to defend it. And i dont think anyone here is really defending the over aboundance of mesta in the game. We are all simply saying it is time to move on to something new and stop complaining about the same thing for the last oh i dont know 4 months. Its a ridiculous non-issue. Yeah some people have had to change tactics and get money new ways such as playing the store game. Then others still have realized that hey these morons are over pricing me I can get all this fro NPC's for a lot less. It is becoming blatantly obvious that this community is getting sick and tired of post complaining about money problems and the degredation of good topics by relating them to the money problems.

Simple solution Adapt And STOP COMPLAINING

Rizen
Feb 25, 2007, 09:54 AM
I can honestly say its not really the hackers that cause the demise of games, its the support behind them that does (aka the script kiddies/wannabes). Of course I have done a bit a hacking myself back in the day (RO and PSO), but I never released nor shared any of my stuff, so I never contributed to any demises to any games. True true hackers keep their stuff low scale and don't really release it to public.

True, Sega should have stepped in a while back, but you like you said, cant really place the full blame on them. If the player base does nothing to help fend off the spread of such things, they are just as much to blame. Going around handing out meseta because "hey, everyone else has it and its already there" doesn't justify anything. Now I know its pretty hard to not come across hacked meseta on PC/PS2, but recycling it makes it just as bad. Whenever I got hacked meseta, I just either burned it quickly on random NPC or dropped it.

All in all, in order for SEGA to do their job, we have to do our job to help mantain the community.

Kelevra
Feb 25, 2007, 09:56 AM
Simple solution Adapt And STOP COMPLAINING

Theres a concept.

Heres something new to complain about. Sega binding our nuts by selling us 50 dollar game, having us pay 13 dollars a month so that we can wait for the content we origionally paid for with the 50 dollars. SOOOOOO essentially lets say if they were to wait a year to release all the content on the disk.....I will have paid 156... pluse 50..... 206 dollars for the game...... what the fuck is that. SEGA STOP BEING SCHEMEING LAZY BITCHES AND DEVELOP NEW CONTENT INSTEAD OF HIDING OLD CONTENT!!!

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 25, 2007, 10:00 AM
the only problem with that idea is you cant tell if it is legit mesta you are getting and supposively hacked mesta. With the exception of someone walking up and giving you 999999999 which i havent seen anyone do. I've gone up to new players and given them items and weps that I didnt need anymore that i had on me. I didnt need them anymore I was on to the next level up but that doesnt make me a hacker. I bought the items legit, I didnt bother to sell them because i hadnt opened a shop yet. Some of these things are good people doing good things. So if you have a way to accruately identify hacked mesta then by all means share so we can all help get rid of it. Otherwise can we please move on yet?

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
I don't care much personally. As long as they aren't doing things that are detrimental to others like stealing and/or booming PMs. I kinda don't mind too much since it just means that I have more money to spend on consumables, which I'm sure are being/should be limited on price due to NPCs.

Kelevra
Feb 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
HerdsmanOfYrr, how can you be so dumb......

Hacked meseta doesnt have the little pink line running down it

Neith
Feb 25, 2007, 11:02 AM
Slowly killing it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

As far as I'm concerned, PSU is at the same stage that BB was at after a few months- people get sick of the 'rampant' (apparently) h4x, and leave in droves. Content updates will drag a few people back, but what happens now is in Sega's court I guess.

Mind, its not like creating S-Ranks/Meseta is as bad as bombing PM's either.

Retehi
Feb 25, 2007, 05:31 PM
Stop getting angry for other people, and expecting others to get angry with you, it makes you look like a pansy.

Seriously, it reminds me of a little old lady going "aren't you MAD about the graffiti in our neighborhood? You should do something about it! Why aren't you angry? How come you don't care?"

The hell do you want us to do about it? Post rampaging threads about "NOOO HAXETTA BE RUINING MY GAME!1"?

Settle down, Mildred.