PDA

View Full Version : Easy BULLET leveling

Kion
Feb 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
I discovered this a second ago while soloing Grove of Fanatics with my fortegunner. If you go up the stairs, the enemies won't be able to attack you, but they'll still spawn in the room. Take a couple of photon charges with you, stand at the top of the stairs and snipe like crazy. For best results, buy 6 yomei rifles and do it on the highest rank possible. The enemies will have a ton of health, and the yomei's will do little damage but have tons of PP. It does take alot of patience, but the SE's are worth it.

I'm not sure about the maps, but you could recreate until there's a easy first room to do the trick, abandon mission, recharge an repeat. If you're creative, you can get through the whole mission using this trick. The boss is insanely easy to solo. You can get behind him and attack him, and adjust your camera so as he turns you're character will be pressed against his boosters .He will simply keep turning the enire time; all the while you're blasting him in the @$$. If he teleports, just get behind him again and keep shooting.

I hope this helps you. I'm going see if I can refine this technique. Thought I'd share, hope it helps.

Umberger
Feb 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
Alternatively, De Ragan S has spots with leader Go Vahras that will use Resta...and there's tons of little nooks and crannies that the enemies don't go to, but you can...so you're essentially invincible.

RadiantLegend
Feb 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
The boss is not sure easy when you dont melee as a ranger.

Jey
Feb 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
Cards/Crossbow/Twins/Shotgun/Bow11+/Rifle21+ I've been AFK-levelling on King Go-Vahra while trying to draw... needs lv50 though, as regular king Vahras use different AI.

Illustrated mainly here in general (http://www.xanga.com/JeyKama/568292619/taunting-vahras-ie-silly-psu-shit.html) and here for shotguns (http://www.xanga.com/JeyKama/571813667/addendum-to-vahra-taunting.html)

Bow and Rifle require low-pp regen Kubara weapons (i.e. Alteric and Riflic, barring a PP Skill Save unit) and hopefully not using fortegunner because of its bullet PP conserve trait, wedging the King Go-Vahra into a corner, and shooting it from the front so that the knockback doesn't make it start running. Plus, with Kubara weapons' PP regen being less than what is required to shoot (9PP for an Alteric which lets you start this at lv11+ skill for 10PP bullets, 10PP for a Riflic which means lv21+ for the 12PP bullets), this gives the Go-Vahra a 10s breather to get a Resta off, as normally getting hit by Bow/Rifle knocks back and interrupts its attempt.

It sounds like utter cheese and really is, but my excuse is that if I weren't drawing I'd be levelling it manually anyway <_<;

Before lv21 though, I levelled rifle almost exclusively on Plains Overlord and De Ragan, the giant skill-up buddy pillow of choice... lol. 45 minutes of solid rifle shooting for 30% skill gg.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-02-26 12:19 ]</font>

Amalga
Feb 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-02-26 11:20, Umberger wrote:
Alternatively, De Ragan S has spots with leader Go Vahras that will use Resta...and there's tons of little nooks and crannies that the enemies don't go to, but you can...so you're essentially invincible.

There are places in the Linear Line missions where you can shoot enemies right through those straight stand-up barriers that don't have anything behind them.

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:23 PM
Wow, this is a great guide for me ^_^ *starts going to psu to lvl pa's*

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:25 PM
although I think that this will be a problem when you try lvl'ing killer shot cause no matter how much health they have, they're gonna DIE!!!!

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
I've noticed that burn and Ice don't work on the Go Vahra's that spam resta so maybe killer shot won't either. I think that might be the solution to this problem^_^!

Corran1
Feb 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
I know how im going to lvl my kill shot. Grove of Fanatics S, because I want that cannon, 2 birds with one stone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dhylec
Feb 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
Though I know about the stair triggers in GoF, good job bringing this up. Incorporate other's methods to expand your guide. ;]

Midicronica
Feb 26, 2007, 08:20 PM
Fine, I will. I'll repost what I put in the Ranger Guide Thread.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

I'd like to share with you guys a method my friend and I have been using to lvl up my bow/his rifle bullets. It's quite simple really. You play Valley of Carnage S and make sure you get the layout with the buffed Vanda Mehra's in the 2nd Block. Since the Vanda Merha's pretty much 99% of the time ignore the SE's that are applied from the bow/rifles/handguns, etc. You don't have to worry about the burn or infection taking away from their "precious" HP you so desperately need for skill training.

Some of you might be asking, well how is this possible? Wouldn't the Vanda's use their annoying damufoie or stone me to death with their diga? Well, this is actually the funny part. Vanda Merha's are pretty much cowards. They won't cast damufoie at you unless you get too close to them, and as for the diga, they throw it completely over you head depending on where you stand. Edit: I'll elaborate on that. You'll notice in the 2nd block that some of the land is at a higher elevation that others. I suggest you use this to your advantage. Since the Vanda Merha are cowardly it's pretty easy to round them up and back them up to a wall or hill where they will indefinitely throw diga over your head. When rounding them up, you don't need to get in their face, otherwise you'll get damufoied. :End If you get to close to them while their throwing diga, they'll back up even more. My friend and I have gone through a countless runs VoC S getting S rank.

In only a 3 days I've gotten all of my bow skills except Yousei-sou to 21+. My friend, on the other hand, since he is using rifles it takes him much longer.. It's pretty funny to hear him hate on me because bow lvl up so fast. I've also gotten two twin handguns skills to 21 here, as well. Some of you might find this completely useless or a waste of time, but I just thought I'd share my method with you.

Also* It can become very boring, so I usually surf the net or watch television while mindless tapping away at the X button. And if this interests any of you, I suggest you get ahold a low-end C rank rifle/bow's grinded about 6 or 7 times for the PP and recharge cost. Oh, and La Pucha are very annoying....

*Bonus* If you work towards getting the right layout, you can get Jaggo's to spawn and you might get Giga/Bullet PP Save!

Kion
Feb 26, 2007, 09:50 PM
I heard about the Vahra strategy, thought I'd thow more ideas into the mix.
Grove has the advantage of large easy to hit enemies with tons of hp, possibility of drops and a method of soloing for the cannon.
I tried cycling through a bunch of maps to see if there was an easy first room that can be spammed, and only one out of the twelve variations is good for my strategy. For the first rooms, you may have to use a number of traps and cheap tricks to get though, but after that there are generally stairs. I'll have to do it more to get specifics on that.
Flat rooms may proove usefull for leveling grenades as I can pin about four enemies into a corner, but getting all of them is pretty tuff. Usually there's one left that keeps hitting me with foie in the back of the head. Dualies are also pretty usefull in those situations as you can stay mobile as you continue shooting.
Use grenades/traps/dualies for clearing flat rooms, and buy yomei/kubara rifles to sit back and snipe.

Shadow_Moses, I'm going to give your method a try. Jaggo's are simply too cool, and bullet save is another item on my gunner wislist.

Jey
Feb 26, 2007, 10:01 PM
From a fG I partied with, a good place to level grenades is Story Mission 4. Tons of those Kog Nadds with lots of hp and lots of target points.

I also liked De Ragan S because it might drop Solid / Power S, heh. I never had a problem with aiming at the mobs there, dunno why 'larget and easy to hit' applies in Temple (especially the newman dudes, ugh.) when all you gotta do is go into FPS mode for rifle.

Whatever solo method floats your boat really. I just like killing dragons and seeing the red things drop.

Itsuki
Feb 27, 2007, 01:06 AM
On 2007-02-26 16:25, MrFortegunner wrote:
although I think that this will be a problem when you try lvl'ing killer shot cause no matter how much health they have, they're gonna DIE!!!!

Killer shot doesn't work on the Go Vahra leaders.

And I guess its faster to find these little nooks and crannies to shoot from. But its always easier to pull a Go Vahra leader without its posse. Since when it comes down to it, those guys resta, and will never attack you without their buddies.

imfanboy
Feb 27, 2007, 03:13 AM
Yeah, heck, all you have to do is go to Mad Creatures S and look for the hill road map - try to find koltovas or polties. Later on in the first block is a King Vahra spawn - you can lure him out to beside the tree on the right hand side, between the tree and the wall, and he'll just stand there and heal while you shoot him.

It can take a little bit to lure him out, and I generally off his buddies before trying to lure him out, but it's worth it - I got my dark crossbow from 1 to 21 in only a day or so, got all my fan PAs up to 11+, and I'm working on that cursed mechgun to get it to 21... Man, it takes a while. <_<

DizzyBum
Feb 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
While we're on the subject, is there a way to use a keyboard macro or otherwise enable rapid-fire using a PC keyboard? I really get tired of pressing down over and over trying to grind bullet levels.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
I guess I am the only idiot who spams the Hive C with all guns of a single bullet type when I am leveling bullets?

9 mission points, 800 mesesta, possible blackheart, etc. And from 1-10 you get 1 level per run. From 11-20 it slows down some, but still very worth it.

amtalx
Feb 27, 2007, 02:31 PM
Personally I use De Ragan S. There is a spot in every room where you will be invulnerable from physical attacks. Great for forces and rangers alike since there is no risk of taking damage.

Kion
Feb 27, 2007, 03:03 PM
what I'm realizing is that there's no one place that's good for leveling , but soloing anywhere in general will gain levels. The key is to pick a missions where something you want drops, and spam the mission trying ot get the item while picking up PA levels as a bonus.

Does that seem about right?

biggabertha
Feb 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
Anyone have anything other than De Ragan or De RAgnus for the Grenade Launcher? Laser is easy enough when I get a few of them and run normally with it.

Rizen
Feb 27, 2007, 03:47 PM
For Grenade Launcher, I did Lab S and Mad Beasts S. Both have good mobbing and multi-target enemies.

As for leveling other bullets, personally, I like to get some MPs and Meseta along the way as my bullets level. I do VoC C and HIVE C to get my bullets up. Both are quick and give good about of MP and the reward covers all my recharge costs.

As far as leveing bullets while away...yeah, I would suggest De Ragan S.