PDA

View Full Version : From Hunter to Force: A Bunch of [somewhat random] question

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
I hit level 17 recently, and with that got Hunter to level 3. Since I am most likely going Wartecher, this means I need to switch over to a Force user for 5 levels of fun. I'm not exactly ecstatic about this, for a number of reasons. -_-T I have a number of questions that need to be answered before I can make the transition smoothly, but ultimately I'd like to definitely make the transition before I hit level 20. Any help I can get would be beneficial.

1.)I primarily run around with dagger and pistol, spear, and twin dagger. I intend to add to this wand and pistol, and bow. How feasible is this? I've never even come across cards, so I'm unsure how often I'll be expected to use them.

2.)There have been better arts released for most weapons. How soon should I go after them? The major issue at the moment is that they are prohibitively expensive at my level. 18k would take me a few days (or failing that, about eight hours of solid playing) to scrounge together.

3.)I have all techniques for my pistol save the shadow element. Will this element be needed, or can I safely forsake it to save space for the number of spells I'm going to need?

4.)I currently have the highest level C ranked weapons of the class I use, and all of them have been grinded (ground?) to +4. So far, most are on par or slightly better then the next level of weaponry, the first of three B rank. If I find myself in a party, how will this reflect upon me at my level? At what level should I have the highest tier B rank grinded (ground?) to +4?

5.)What is the easiest way to get into a party? I've tried crashing some missions that weren't locked, but often the fact these missions weren't locked was a simple oversight on the creator, and this makes the creator and/or his friends really annoyed... even if I'm at their same level. Looking outside of popular hang-out spots proves to be a pain, as well.

6.)Are there clans that have shops that will sell other player's goods? I constantly come across weapon boards that I end up crafting the weapons of, but NPCing those weapons is ultimately a waste. I also don't want to ruin the look of my current room, and buying a shop changes the look of things. Finding a group of individuals that regularly plays may also help me find parties, which ultimately will add to my enjoyment of this game. Soloing gets old, quick. :/

7.)Are there any items that, when fed to a Partner Machine, give a remarkable hit to Strike? My PM's strike is halfway to 19, and I need to keep it as low as possible because I'm going for the 420... but, regrettably, most items I come across that raise TECH also give a remarkable boost to Strike as well. At the rate I'm going, I'll end up creating and recreating and re-recreating new characters and storing their armor, near-indefinitely, simply to feed their armor to my PM... and that's neither efficient nor fun.

8.)For the bow, how needed will the shadow element shot be? For that matter, how important is the ground element shot?

Sorry for all of the heavy questions. Any help is appreciated.

SuperRygar
Feb 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
your best bet would be to spend as little money as possible on force stuff, only get a couple of spells. foie is a good one, its strong and quick. go to Moatoob and find a party to repeat Valley of Carnage on C rank over and over and over and over again. that will give you a very quick MP to minute ratio. i was doing it last night and it took 7-10 mins per run, and get 7 MP. i was in the same spot when i wanted Wartecher. just do VoC and you will get through FOlv5 fairly quick. other people have differnet methods for quick MP gain, but i find that works the best

i think your on XBOX, i dont know what its like there, but i think you just had bad luck picking a party. just keep trying and you'l find somebody at a high level willing to help you get through those runs very quickly

for some of your questions...

1. wand and gun, and bow is what everybody else uses. especially at your level. that's fine

2. im on ps2, so money is not an issue for me. i would say, make sure you have 1 PA for each weapon, and just level those for a while. when they're high enough and you want a second one, you'l have some cash saved up by then.

3. the dark element has very limited use, just as the light element does. the only other reason to get DARK is the status effect, which i've never seen kill an enemy. but you will see very little LIGHT enemies unless you go to a few specific places

4. your weapon doesnt really make a big difference, imo. if you can afford it, go for a B rank

5. just keep joining any available parties. if someone gets mad at you for joining their game, then they are dicks and you dont want too party with them. they are probably narrow minded and greedy

6. yes, a player shop does change your room, but i think everybody should open shop. especially on xbox. you will find that selling your unused weapons and synth items will get you the cash you need for other things

7. melee weapons are the best, the higher the rank the better. i think element weapons give a bit more. monomates give 4ST 1Mind, thats the best ratio. i give it mono and trimates, then when the mind bar gets high i give it weapons to bring it down(slowly). im level 47 and my PM is still only lvl 70 :/ it just takes time

8. its good to have at least 1 pa/spell/bullet for each element. some bosses and big enemies are LIGHT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperRygar on 2007-02-26 11:14 ]</font>

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
I'm actually on PC, but I'm on some of the weirdest hours, it seems. I try to catch people on Universe 15, often with little luck; there are many people on Universe 2, but generally they have their own cliques and many have other things to worry about then someone like me.

SuperRygar
Feb 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
what hours are you on, i could help you out

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
Another question: Is it just me, or are there absolutely no GRM bows? I couldn't find any in game, and the PSU wiki doesn't list any either...

To answer your question, SuperRygar, I'm on whenever I can be, which usually is any time Saturdays, or 7am-10am MST.

AC9breaker
Feb 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
1.) Thats a good set-up and will transer nicely on Wartecher. However, I would recommend upgrading Handgun to Crossbow. You'll get everthing handgun has and more except, being able to shoot in FPS mode. But since your planning on bringing Bow I don't think that would be much of a concern to you.

2.) I would recommend saving up for a shop and make money that way. As for what Photon Arts you need, you don't really need every element for every projectile weapon you have. Just make sure you balance them. For example, you have Fire on bow, get Ice with Xbow or handgun or something like that. Plus It's going to take awhile to level up photon arts so stick with the ones you have now and focus on those.

3.) You could play pretty well without shadow. There are very few enemies which are light based and even so, as a Wartecher you have the option of using level 11 plus techs on them. or you you could just beat them to death.

4.) What your doing is the best way to go about it. Some of the best weapons available now are grinded weps. Eventually You can grind them more and it will be like the weapon leveling up with you. or you can switch to a new weapon and grind that as well.

5.) I'd be willing to join level with you. PM me if your interested sometimes and we can sort out play times.

6.) I'd be willing to sell your goods for you as well. I really don't use my shop character much.

7.) Don't know but I'd be willing to bet Hunter weapons

8.) see 3 same response applies to earth.

Bows are a Yohmei specialty weapons. Just Like claws. So you won't see and GRM or Tenora Bows. Just like you won't see any GRM or Yohmei Shotguns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-02-26 12:39 ]</font>

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the help, Ac9, but I didn't think Wartechers or Force could use crossbow. :/ This guide (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121267&forum=22&207) seems to confirm this. That's why I'm staying with handgun. Is there something I'm missing?

Pengfishh
Feb 26, 2007, 03:55 PM
I don't know what you chumps are on about, but Dark element is the greetest. Virus does huge damage each tick and is mostly all I use. Besides, who uses guns for their strongest element ANYWAY? The damage difference is forgettable and status infliction is what guns are all about.

On that note, I recommend Dark and Plasma Hit. Dark Hit will make a low damage weapon a high damage weapon by the simple grace of an amazing status effect, and Plasma Hit is a very good defensive bullet as Shock stops enemies from attacking. Crossbows are awful, also. Stick with Handguns or Cards.

Pengfishh
Feb 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
Oh, and to answer question 7: You could probably solo Valley of Carnage C just fine, where you'll find Mukuke (3* Tenora Spear) dropping all over the place. Makes for good feedin'.

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
I think I'll be picking up the Dark Element PA for my bow, just to get a feel for how it works, then.

I'm not a big fan of the light element's status effect, but I solo enough in the Colony's missions (where the creatures are definitively dark aligned) that having the Light Handgun PA was worth the investment.

Sadly, I need to get some money together to get a whole bunch of new PAs for the bow, and at least some basic curative spells for the wand.

Randomness
Feb 26, 2007, 04:03 PM
Bows level faster than rifles and also get the evil level 4 SEs...

Curative spells? Thats Resta and Reverser, both really cheap.

And Cards are another option if you want an offhand weapon. (And who doesnt? Fortechers)

Randomness
Feb 26, 2007, 04:03 PM
Bows level faster than rifles and also get the evil level 4 SEs...

Curative spells? Thats Resta and Reverser, both really cheap.

And Cards are another option if you want an offhand weapon. (And who doesnt? Fortechers)

AC9breaker
Feb 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
ah, I assumed since it was a force hybrid it could use Xbows. Also pengfish, He could deal dots using Fire elemental as well.

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 06:07 PM
I finally switched over to force (1k of my funds, gone... T_T) and the only thing I really miss at this point is that my hit points are much less than they use to be. I also found some really nice people to party with, and none of them seemed to care that I didn't have any magic on me, which I found surprising!

I'll be soloing off and on over the next week to get the monies needed for a wand, for the stuff needed to grind a wand and my bow to +4, and all the nifty PA's I'll need to be competent. I've got my work set out ahead of me, but I think it'll work out for the better!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
You won't have to worry about the HP issue. At class level 10, WT has as much HP as fF.

Sethimothy
Feb 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ You're right, but for the next 7 class levels as Force, my HP is significantly gimped. :/