PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Questions.

Furiden
Feb 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
Okay so my CAST is level 28, (Ranger Level 6...) and I've had the same weapons a while now. I have 6 rifles, all "Falcons" they seem to be the highest ranked B rifle I can find, and I can't use anything past B ranked rifles because I'm still a Ranger...

So do I just have to wait it out with these rifles until I become a Fortegunner? Is Falcon really the highest B ranked rifle there is?

If so, not too big a deal, just want to make sure I'm not being gimp in mission parties and such if I don't have to be. >.>

---

By the way, for when I do get Fortegunner, what's the best; most reasonably attainable rifle at the max level? Just so I know what I have to save up for. I've heard "Phantom"'s are pretty good I think, and I seen some of those up for 500k in a players shop today. Not too bad for a rifle that'll hold up through anything I suppose.

---

Also, about bullet arts...I've already pretty much decided that I'm only going to use Rifles, because a lot of people seem to really like them, and I overall like them as well. Mainly though, because Bullet PA's have been a complete pain the the ASS to level. At level 28, having leveled only Ranger job on this character, I have every PA for rifle bullet leveled to 8-9 now...but some of my party members I've been with have their skills in their high teens!

Which leads me to my question, is it wrong to level up ALL the bullet PA's at once like this? Would I be doing better if I had all 6 rifles one or two PA's, so they'd be very high level, and I'd be in turn doing more damage to all the mobs? Because that's how it works right?

---

Also, I am I pretty dead set on only using Rifles, but just to double check, there's nothing wrong with that right? lol As a Fortegunner, they are good with rifles I think, and if I just run around with 6 rifles, I'll do well in all situations right?

---

I've only been playing the game I think about two weeks now, and I've learned a LOT in that time period. Still a couple things I haven't quite gotten the hang of though, so any information on my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PS: This isn't really a Ranger specific question, so I put it at the end... Is there anyway to upgrade your inventory capacity in this game? I see a lot of Ranger talking about carrying around all the SUV's, and all differen't kinds of weapons, and all kinds of items to bring on missions... I don't know about you guys, but I like to pick up all the items I can when doing missions, to make as much money as I can. So with being better off carrying around all that equipment, was just wondering if I could up the inventory max.

Thanks again guys. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: Lawl, fixed how I mixed up and put Fortetecher instead of Fortegunner once. xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Furiden on 2007-02-26 14:07 ]</font>

Miyoko
Feb 26, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'd have gone with the Yohmei rifles, but that's just me, personally... Their higher ATA and PP regen makes them a better choice, IMO.

... Fortetechter? ;p

I really like rifles, too, but, I strongly reccomend getting other guns. As good as rifles are, they're not the best for every situation. Shots, once leveled, have absolutely insane damage (my shot currently deals 125x5 damage, and my phantom deals about 200 per shot), grenade launchers have superior crowd controll (ignore the hunters whining -- the incredible knockback on grenade launchers is an extremely valuable tool. Enemies can't attack if they're being knocked around.) When used properly, cannons can be extremely efficient (striking 5+ targets for 175 damage each is pretty nice, don't you think?)

Now, there isn't reaaaally anything WRONG with using just rifles... But you ARE severely limiting yourself. The thing about PSO and PSU is... Well, there's different tools for different situations. If you use only rifles, you're going to spend a christload of money on recharges... ;p

I could go into more details about personal tips I think are good ideas, but I'm way to lazy to do that right now. >_> If you're really concerned about your PA levels though, and want to work on them, grab a really low rank yohmei rifle, and just grind on it solo... Low damage = more hits to kill an enemy = more PA EXP! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Itchee
Feb 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
Your Falcons are perfectly good backup weapons, and properly grinded, can last as long as you want them to. Yes, Phantoms are nice, but are pricey. Grinding a Falcon up 5 or 6 times will get the job done just as well. As for your bullet arts...I would focus on one or two at a time til theyre maxed rather than spreading yourself thin with all of them. Choose Fire, Dark, or Ice first and set all your rifles to that. Spam in missions til maxed. As for taking a full pallette of rifles with you....like Miyoko says...its nice to have a variety of weapons on you depending on the situation, but its not out of the ordinary. In fact, if youre hell-bent on maxing rifle PAs, that would be fine. I did that myself for a while. Carried 5 rifles on me.....never had a problem. When you get to Fortegunner, however, I would definetely at least invest in a Grenade Launcher. The knockback and splash damage is rather useful.

Furiden
Feb 26, 2007, 05:35 PM
Okay, so lets say I get Fortegunner...

Can I make it with just carrying around 6 badass weapons? 6 rifles has worked more than fine for me up through now, I'm just looking ahead here.

If I can't make it only six weapons, how many would you say I'd need, and what would be a good mixup of weapons / bullet arts?

If I can make it with six weapons, what would be a good mixup of weapons / bullet arts for that set?(Should I have three rifles, two gernade launchers, and a laser cannon for example. With fire, dark, and ice on the rifles, rising and plasma shot on the launchers, and earth shot on the cannon.)

I know there is probably no *Best* way of going about things like this, and it probably comes down to preference to an extent, but I do value my fellow Rangers opinions, and I'd be interested as to what you have to say to that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Corran1
Feb 26, 2007, 07:17 PM
first off, good call on lvling all the rifle bullets. I made the mistake of not doing it, and the higher lvl you get, the harder it becomes to go back and use those low lvl bullets. Also, you probly know this, but just in case, at lvl 11 and 21, rifles increase their status effect lvl. Lvl 21 or more, and you can even give sub bosses stautus effects.

As for a balanced pallet of weapons, most are situational.
Rifle - great for everything
Twin handguns - they do more damage then the rifles with bullets of the same lvl, and you can doge attacks with ease. However, they have 1 lvl lower status effects, and about half the range.
Shottys are good for spreading status effects to mobs of enemys, but not as good as rifles in my opinion
Grenade launcers - their strongest + is they knock down enemys. They also use 40pp per shot over lvl 21, so you cant use them all the time.

I normally use 4 rifles, and 2 twins, and swap in grenade launcher just for the mobs that need it. As for the PAs i choose, its always the opposite of the enemys i am facing & any special status effects to help the team. (plasma is awsome on everything, and I use it on my rifle for the longer lasting se.)

Corran1
Feb 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
As for choosing what actual weapons to get, it all depends on the grind. (especially if a grinders come out on the second)

That falcon you have, can outpower a phantom (at +8 or more, maybe +9) But that is normally unreasonable. Also, assasin, burst, and phantom (7,8, and 9* grm rifles) are pretty close to each other stat wise. In your situation, I would recomend not buying new guns until after the update, and if you can finally grind a weps, having a few assasins or bursts grinded would be better then one or two ungrinded phantoms.

Once you start to see the jump in wealth that higer lvls brings, the phantom rifle and phantom line armor make a matched set.

There are already quite a few topics on this, check those out for the details

Also after the update, I bet quite a few grinded b rank weps will be in user shops. Lots of people have falcon +10 and riflic +10s, and will be switching to A ranks after we get a grinders.

(this is speculation! I DONT KNOW WE ARE GETTING A GRINDERS, ITS JUST A GUESS!)