PDA

View Full Version : THIS SUCKS, Red Lights on 360?

Dracos
Feb 26, 2007, 11:46 PM
My Xbox won't turn on anymore and the only thing that pops up are 3 red lights. I was told that if this happens I'm suppose to send it in. If I send in my xbox I'll be left behind in PSU so I was wonderrin if anyone knew how to fix this or had the same problem and fixed it themself.

kazuma56
Feb 26, 2007, 11:51 PM
I hear that if it doesn't boot up and you see the red rings... you system is dead, and in for repair it goes.

MayLee
Feb 26, 2007, 11:55 PM
Oh no, not the red ring of death. >.<

DurakkenX
Feb 26, 2007, 11:58 PM
try unplugging and plugging in the AV chord..it may be lose or not reading correctly. It happened to me a few days ago and it was because my AV wasn't plugged in all the way

Yuicihi
Feb 27, 2007, 12:00 AM
Just send it in, not much else you can do about it.

Sekani
Feb 27, 2007, 12:01 AM
You're level 68 and worried about being left behind? It's not that serious.

Your 360, on the other hand... time to take advantage of that free warranty.

Eliash
Feb 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
I've had the red rings, if you have been playing the system a lot try letting it cool off a bit. Otherwise check the cables, it also gives you the red rings when it doesn't detect a connection between the xbox and the tv I think. (Moving the wire helped spare the xbox) If all else fails, repair time.

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 01:19 AM
LOLZ if u hav tah red ring and u put a special USB kee u kan get Ricos red ring an go tu Ragol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ronin1of47
Feb 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
yea i got that a bout 2 weeks ago around 3am and couldnt call M$ so i called them the next day and they were all oh sorry your warranty expired yesterday.... yeah i know .... so make sure you call them as soon as possible to ensure your warranty is still in effect

also to check and see what is wrong with your system follow this link

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-02-26 22:30 ]</font>

Midicronica
Feb 27, 2007, 01:39 AM
I feel your pain. Just like Yuichi said, just send it in and wait it out. Hopefully, you won't have my luck and it takes MS a month to send you your box.

We can play tick tack toe together, while I you wait for your 360 and I wait for my new copy of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh, and when you send it in, makes sure not send any other accessories, no harddrive, special face plates, etc. (Unless you're told otherwise.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-02-26 22:40 ]</font>

Dracos
Feb 27, 2007, 01:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your help, right now I'm tryin anything I can do to save my 360.

Dracos
Feb 27, 2007, 02:23 AM
I got the error code 0102 which says this on a website I was given:

0102 unknown error - littereally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

I don't really understand this, but since it is getting off topic from PSU I'm going to ask on the xbox forums, but if anyone can help out please let me know, Thanks.

Krans
Feb 27, 2007, 02:47 AM
Yea red ring sucks, sometimes you can try removing your hard drive, booting it up without it and seeing if prob persists, if not reattach hard drive and reboot and see if prob goes away. most likely though, you gotta send it in.

Sychosis
Feb 27, 2007, 07:41 AM
If the LED on the power supply flashes red as you start the console, that may be your problem. A power supply malfunction happened to me. Went and replaced my Xbox for no reason as the new box had the same problem. But a new power supply fixed my problem.

If that's what is happening, be sure to make it very clear when you call that you think it might by the power supply. Otherwise they'll just replace the Xbox itself.

Ronin1of47
Feb 27, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-02-26 23:23, Dracos wrote:
I got the error code 0102 which says this on a website I was given:

0102 unknown error - littereally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

I don't really understand this, but since it is getting off topic from PSU I'm going to ask on the xbox forums, but if anyone can help out please let me know, Thanks.

yeah if you get 0102 youll need to send it in to M$ thas the same one i got and they said its a hardware failure so id hurry and give them a call

Captain_N
Feb 27, 2007, 08:44 AM
The longer you wait to send it in, means you will have to wait longer to get it back.

3 red rings = death. call 1-800-4my-xbox
I am pretty sure they will tell you this, but dont forget to keep your hard drive.

Dracos
Feb 27, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone, I got my Xbox back and running, It just started workin when I tried one last time to get it work. The on,lly thing is, will it keep running and should I still send it to M$ anyways?

Akaimizu
Feb 27, 2007, 09:35 AM
If it is an early first-gen system, it will probably have issues again. All of those are MS covered, so if it goes kaput, send it back. You'll get a later model in return, so keep the harddrive, as they tell you. Though I'm surprised this hasn't been moved to the more appropriate forum for tech help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-27 06:36 ]</font>

amtalx
Feb 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-02-27 06:23, Dracos wrote:
Hey everyone, I got my Xbox back and running, It just started workin when I tried one last time to get it work. The on,lly thing is, will it keep running and should I still send it to M$ anyways?

I got the ring of death on my system and resurrected it...only to get the same problem a week later. I would send it in as soon as possible before your warranty expires. If it has already expired you may be able to exchange it at Walmart or something and get a protection plan. I got one for mine and its paid off BIG TIME. Ive gone through almost $800 worth of hardware for only $40.

Dracos
Feb 27, 2007, 09:22 PM
Ok it stopped workin again, time to call em up.