PDA

View Full Version : LOGITECH PLAYLINK WONT CONNECT

Sinaku
Mar 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
exactly wut title says, i got one for my ps2 and it works because when i tested it without the DHCP adress it said "test finished correctly" or sumthing like that...but when I attempt 2 connect 2 PSU, it wont let me cuz its sayin "REGISTERING DHCP ADRESS!!!" HELP...please? WTF is a DHCP adress?

VioletSkye
Mar 1, 2007, 07:57 PM
Have you power cycled your modem after connecting them?

Also what are you connecting the one box to, is it a router or a wireless gateway modem? What is the brand and model number of said device? Is this a secured or unsecured network?

Sinaku
Mar 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
thank u, finally sum help. Power Cycle? Probably, did everythin. Im connecting one logitech box to my router, the other 2 my ps2. The brand is logitech and I cant say for the model number, but it is supposedly a secured internet that this device connects.

My actual network connected 2 my computer is wireless, dunno if that helps, and wifi is enabled on my router, I use my DS occasionally online.

I also tried connecting the Logitech playlinks to my computer the same way (one logitech box/reciever thing to my router, the other to my computer, and it worked fine for my computer.) why it wouldnt work for my ps2 is because of it's DHCP thing I think....dunno wut it is tho...

HELP HELP!

VioletSkye
Mar 1, 2007, 08:36 PM
What I wanted the brand name and model of is the router (logitech doesn't make routers.) To do a power cycle, you need to physically disconnect the power cable from the router for a few seconds and then plug it back in. That will refresh the tables and with any luck it will assign an ip address to the logitech playlink device. You need to make sure that DHCP is enabled (it should be by default for almost any router.)

As for it being a secured network, I mean did you set up any type of encryption for the wireless part of your network (WEP, WPA etc. ?)

Here is what I would check:
1. make sure your router has DHCP enabled.
2. check to see if the wireless signal is encrypted and make sure you have the correct key/passphrase needed to access it.
3. Setup your playlink with the wireless key/passphrase and have it set to automatically be assigned an IP address.
4. Plug the Playlink into your router and also the PS2.
5. Powercycle the router and wait for all the lights come back up (sync.)
6. Try it out and see if it works.

Forgot to mention that if you aren't using wireless forget those steps and just make sure DHCP is enabled and remember to powercycle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-01 17:44 ]</font>

Sinaku
Mar 2, 2007, 07:07 AM
ohhh, its a Netgear router, did power cycle over 100 times. No secured network here. I dont know how to check if my router is DHCP enabled, buit I did try the same connection with a wired cord and it read the DHCP configuration fine. No wireless key/passphrase.

Still wont work

VioletSkye
Mar 2, 2007, 11:46 AM
ok, did you enable wireless on the router? By default your netgear router won't have the wireless turned on.

Sinaku
Mar 2, 2007, 03:45 PM
...how do u enable wirless? THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!..

VioletSkye
Mar 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
If you have the manual that came with the router, it will take you through the steps of enabling wireless. If you don't then give me the model number and I can help you with finding the exact steps to take. Basically you will need to connect to the Configuration page of the router through your pc's web browser. From there you will turn on wireless and setup wireless encryption to secure your network so others (outside of your family) can't use your bandwidth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-03-02 14:14 ]</font>

Sinaku
Mar 3, 2007, 12:42 AM
1. just thought I'd point out that i also tried connecting my playlink directly to my modem/cable box thing and that doesnt work either...but regardless, my Router is a Netgear Wireless firewall router, model number WGTC24v2

VioletSkye
Mar 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
Try using it to connect your pc to the internet as a test to see if it is an issue with the play link itself.

Sinaku
Mar 4, 2007, 12:24 AM
no i connected it 2 my pC and it worked fine

VioletSkye
Mar 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hmmm, I'll try to do a little research on this for you. In the meantime try connecting it again to the PS2.

I'm not sure what the PS2 network screens look like so I'll have to dig around.

xennec
Apr 25, 2007, 04:28 PM
I feel your pain Sinaku, the same is happening to me.