PDA

View Full Version : GC Observation: Bosses, generous for a change!?

FenixTrey
Dec 4, 2002, 05:54 PM
I've had Ep I & II only a little while, but I'm very much a vet from the DC days. I picked up v1 at launch, got to 100 multiple times, then hit around 125 on v2. In any case, I've only played up to 45 so far but I've noticed bosses are extremely generous in the one item they drop so far. In my first, oh, three days of VHARD, De Rol Le dropped me a MAHU, and just last night I killed the dragon online for the first time in VHARD, and he dropped me a YAMATO. Is anyone else noticing that bosses are actually dropping serious items? Back in my DC experience, you got a Dragon Slayer every time (or less) from the Dragon, Parasite Wear (the lame kind, of course) from De Rol Le, and a Mag from Vol Opt. Feel free to comment and share your boss-item finds, I'm interested to hear what else I might find.

Thanks for reading.

mystic_knight
Dec 4, 2002, 06:36 PM
You used to get just a mag from Vol Opt?! I got like 3 the first time I went through the mines on normal, and the second time on Vol Opt i got a photon drop, still on normal...man, DC was a lot harder than GC.

EsperFlame
Dec 4, 2002, 06:59 PM
If your really lucky Vol Opt in V-Hard might even drop a Photon Launcher.

MajinSSJVegetto
Dec 4, 2002, 10:57 PM
I find some bosses are very nice on the item drops, soem aren't.

De Rol Le doesnt seem to drop an item anymore. Just boxes. The boxes have junk. Same with Dark Falz.

The dragon and Vol Opt on the other hand, drop lots of goodies.

I have seen many yamatos found off the dragon on VHARD or ULT.

In VHARD I have gotten Guilty Light off Vol Opt TWICE!
In ULT Vol Opt my friend (almost me) got the ruby handgun thing.

Although, even in Ult they like to drop meseta or antitodes half the time.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 4, 2002, 11:12 PM
I've gone against the Sil Dragon 20+ times on my Forest runs and I haven't seen a red box yet. But yes, other bosses are quite generous.

Rhete
Dec 4, 2002, 11:23 PM
On 2002-12-04 19:57, MajinSSJVegetto wrote:
De Rol Le doesnt seem to drop an item anymore. Just boxes. The boxes have junk. Same with Dark Falz.

What? He still drops an item. Dark Falz still never drops anything.

There are 3 new weapons types in GC PSO, one for each class, the weakest ones dropped by bosses.

Dual Sabers (HUnters)
Musashi - Hard Dragon
Yamoto - VHard Dragon

Magic Cards (Forces)
Talis - Hard De Rol
Mahu - VHard De ROl

Photon Launchers (Rangers)
Photon Launcher - Hard Vol Opt
Guilty Light - Vhard Vol Opt

The trend does not continue into Ult mode.

Cheech
Dec 4, 2002, 11:26 PM
So far I'm getting crap in Ult mode from bosses. Diska of Bravemant for both Sil Dragon and De Rol (redria).

flux-equals-rad
Dec 5, 2002, 05:30 PM
agreed, i was pretty excited to get a final impact first encounter with sil dragon. hard vol opt dropped a photon launcher first time too!

Whatley
Dec 6, 2002, 01:07 PM
I keep getting Final Impacts from the Sil Dragon on ult every time I defeat it. I even got a Final Impact from Barba Ray on Ult.

Tavia
Dec 6, 2002, 01:13 PM
I dunno. Everyone says that the GameCube version of PSO is so much more generous, but I found Special Weapons all the time on the DC. My GC cache of weapons is not nearly as admirable, and I've been playing for over 120 hours.

Not that it's a big deal, though. Makes the weapons actually seem more "special", instead of grossly common.