PDA

View Full Version : Does Midiline speed up shooting ? Latest discoveries insid

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 12:15 AM
I was finally able to equip my Midiline shield on my Ranger & it speeds up shooting of all my guns. I've never seen this reported anywhere, am I nuts, or is it really fater with Ranger only armor ? Also , I'm assuming Phantom Line will do the same, but is it faster speed up than with Midline, or is it the same ? Please, any info on this would be great, thanks

Gammik

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gammik on 2007-03-06 13:31 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Mar 2, 2007, 12:18 AM
Hey Gammik, its me Beast Man =D. Man i didnt know about that either, but i sure hope so XD

NPCMook
Mar 2, 2007, 12:19 AM
Well I'm not sure if the midiline truely speeds up shooting, but the Phantom Line + Phantom rifle gives you a 25% bonus to ATP, ATA, and DEF

if I'm wrong someone please correct me on the bonus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 12:21 AM
Howdy Beast Man !! Do you happen to know what effect Hoza-senba has for Force ? I use them on my force , but I never noticed anything special about them, wondering if it has a hidden effect like midiline does. Also, are there any out there that give effects for Beast , besides the ones that says work well with a certain type of weapon ? I know those ones. thanks in advance for the info, I'm sure you have some for me

Gammik

Ryuen
Mar 2, 2007, 01:03 AM
Hoza-semba is a good armor for techers as it gives a good def boost. Better than a giga-line really. That and it has all slots except arm which is perfect for forces and fortetechers. Even though I'm a Guntecher I use one anyways as I do appreciate a good defense. That and I deal good dmg anyways so eh.
As for midline speeding up shooting...I seriously doubt that. I might experiment with it as I have a figunner that uses twin handguns and crossbow (gasp! figunner that uses guns! *end cynism*) and I still have a midiline.

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 02:06 AM
I tested it again & again , it speeds up shooting on twin guns & rifles for sure , more noticable on rifles. Betting shotgun would be a nice difference also, but I hate shotguns.

Jey
Mar 2, 2007, 03:45 AM
Can you maybe use a stopwatch and do stop/start PP on your guns over a minute with and without the midiline on? That'd be the best way to convince people that it effects fire speed.

Somehow I don't believe it either but eh, if you had numbers...

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 10:01 AM
I'll go test it within the hour with a stop watch

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 11:14 AM
test results are in ..... kinda ho hum

but , testing nonstop shooting with a rifle for 60 seconds ....

PP went from 1546 to 922 without Midiline

&

PP went from 1546 to 922 with Midiline equipped

Even though those results say it has no effect on the shooting speed, its shoots faster for me. I'm serious , I don't know how to explin it, but it is faster. I even showed my friends in game, & they ask me how I sped it up & made it do that. It's weird, but the test proves nothing IMHO. Anyone have any other ideas on how to test it out ? I know, I know, you think I loco, but you don't use guns for 30 levels & then get a new armor & not notice a difference, if there is infact a difference ...

Gammik

iono
Mar 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
I just tried it out and saw no difference. :< Your test would mean if anything, the PP cost would of had to have gone down too but nope, my Rifle costs 9 PP a shot no matter what armor I use. Btw your shooting speed is affected by how much your system lags, so you'll actually shoot faster in areas with low load and slower in areas with a lot of load.

imfanboy
Mar 2, 2007, 11:06 PM
You are WRONG.

I tested it with an autofire controller (fastest possible speed) both with and without a midiline equipped.

The result? No difference.

ChocoboChad
Mar 3, 2007, 04:28 PM
The only real way to test this is find the exact interval between shots with a Midiline and trying this interval without a Midiline.

If the Midiline does increase fire-rate, the interval which you used with the Midiline equipped should screw up your firing without the Midiline.

When I say exact interval, I mean using a program to time a button push at an exact, constant rate.

The only other thing I can think of is slowdown. Did the armor that you were using before have more slots? Perhaps the lack of a headslot did something for you. Iono.

gammik
Mar 3, 2007, 07:57 PM
I was using megaline , then midiline, once I equiped midiline I noticed faster shooting on the first mob

gammik
Mar 5, 2007, 08:12 PM
ok, I think I've finally got this figured out now

Instead of testing this with ranger armor --> midiline & no armor , we should have been testing it with non-ranger armor

For instance, I was using the gigaline , megaline , or any of those regular shields, usalbe by any & all classes. Then I switched to a midiline ....

So we need to be testing the speed between midiline & another shield. My test results are as follows -->

No shield = regular speed
Non-ranger shield = slowed down speed
Ranger shield = regular speed

So it looks like the other non ranger shields infact slow shooting speeds down , instead of midiline making shooting faster. Test it out for atleast 60 seconds, you'll see that you lose more PP with the midiline vs other shields ....

gammik
Mar 6, 2007, 04:35 PM
someone else please test this out, let me know if I'm loco or not

Reginaldo
Mar 8, 2007, 06:21 PM
Don't you have a stopwatch?

gammik
Mar 8, 2007, 06:36 PM
no

CelestialBlade
Mar 8, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hmm, what are the Ranger Line Shields? My Guntecher is intrigued....

gammik
Mar 8, 2007, 07:23 PM
6* midiline & 7* phantom line are the only two I know of for sure , but I'd bet there are more out there