PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider

kevlar_pso
Mar 2, 2007, 07:08 AM
Any1 else here disappointed w/the movie besides me? I looked in recent topics and surprisingly I didn't find a Ghost Rider Movie thread.

Sayara
Mar 2, 2007, 09:04 AM
I endured the entire movie being ill to my stomach, I might of enjoyed it better elsewise.

It was flashy, like put good use of effects and entertainment, but storywise it was pretty weak.

Moo2u
Mar 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
I haven't seen it, and have no plans too. Right away when they annouced it I had a bad feeling.

Ghost Rider never really worked for me in general. I mean the concept of a stunt man with a flaming skull riding around on a hellish motercycle is so "x-treeeem" that it almost hurts my brain. Face it, he was created when stunts men, skulls and motercycles were cooler than cool, but he's a hero that never seemed cooler than his initial release. This movie just seemed to jump on the "let's make a Marvel movie" bandwagen; they could have picked a better property.

When this comes to DVD, and somehow it comes in my possession, I might give it a watch. Might.

Out_Kast
Mar 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
Nicholas Cage is too old to play Ghost Rider http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
And Ghost Rider is one of the Marvel characters I was never to familiar with.
But I'd still like to see the film.

UnderscoreX
Mar 2, 2007, 12:07 PM
Nicholas Cage is probably my favorite actor, so that's the sole reason i'd watch it... although it does look pretty bad.

Dre_o
Mar 2, 2007, 02:38 PM
Ghost Rider was one of the FEW Marvel characters NOT to be put into Marvel vs Capcom 1 OR 2 so......well....saying that Marvel has everyone and their uncle in M vs C 2....I can't say I'm gonna see it.

Moo2u
Mar 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:38, Dre_o wrote:
Ghost Rider was one of the FEW Marvel characters NOT to be put into Marvel vs Capcom 1 OR 2 so......well....saying that Marvel has everyone and their uncle in M vs C 2....I can't say I'm gonna see it.

Blackheart was in it tho, and I hear he's in the GhostRider movie. Although I hear they really changed his character.

PhotonDrop
Mar 2, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:38, Dre_o wrote:

few? honey a large majority of the Marvel universe was excluded from the Vs Series.

Thor(being a striker doesn't count), the Fantastic Four, Taskmaster, Deadpool, Black Panther, Silver Surfer, Ultron, Hank Pym, The Wasp, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Blackbolt, Captain Marvel(Mar-vell or Genis-vell), Dr.Strange, Carnage, Red Skull, the Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spider Woman(any of them, theres like 4 for pete's sake), Ms. Marvel, and Beast were excluded and each of them would have been excellent characters. To say that any of these guys, let alone Ghost Rider, are less important than Marror or Spiral, who were included, is unfair.

But on topic...

The movie was pretty interesting, it was almost like watching a western with superheroes. CG was nice and flashy and the bike was very well done.

The only part I didn't like was the bible quoting, seemed silly to me. <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2007-03-02 20:33 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
Why the Silver Surfer has been shunned is totally beyond me. He owns. Looks like he's the bad guy in the new Fantastic Four movie though. Quicksiver has always been one of my favorites, as has Captain Marvel.

Meh. Haven't seen Ghost Rider yet, though it hasn't earned horrible reviews from any of my friends yet.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 3, 2007, 05:36 AM
Went to see it, had zero expectations, And I really don't care for or like Nicolas Cage at all.

After seeing "Ghost Rider", i thought it was pretty good, not super "great", but definate *fairly* kick ass IMO. I liked the little bits of humor, funniest was the fat quasi-goth punk bit " the skull was on fire...it was like 'woosssshhh, woosssssh" lol

Even though I usually can't stand Nicolas Cage, his protrayl of Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider was pretty damn good IMO. I was surprised that he was actually tolerable and his character was *likeable*.

It seemed like the same ppl that produced/filmed "Blade"(I or II, or III?) and Hellboy worked on the making "Ghost Rider" perhaps?

I'm not sure.. but I might of seen the name "David Goyer" in the credits... whom did do one of the Blade movies.

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being super excellent) I give "Ghost Rider" a 8.9 out of 10.

kevlar_pso
Mar 3, 2007, 05:56 AM
On 2007-03-02 19:47, PhotonDrop wrote:

But on topic...

The movie was pretty interesting, it was almost like watching a western with superheroes. CG was nice and flashy and the bike was very well done.

The only part I didn't like was the bible quoting, seemed silly to me. <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2007-03-02 20:33 ]</font>

A western with bikes and superheroes. That is what I thought in the theatre, very well put. It should be noted that the screenplay came from the guy who wrote Daredevil and Eleckra. In other words, this guy did not do the character justice. Can you imagine if they had any of the writers from the Spider-Man or X-Men movies for Ghost Rider? Cage did a decent job as Jonny Blaze.

The thing about the movie that upset me is that the screenwriter knew how dark Ghost Rider was in the Marvel universe, but he forced too much humor into the film to lighten it up. Having a special on Comedy Central just before the relase did nothing to appeal to the fans of the comic.

I thought the Biblical references fit in nicely. You have to remember that Ghost Rider is not just a super hero, he is a supernatural hero. The Biblical references helped to strengthen the plot and placed the story within the context of what the character was about in the comics.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 3, 2007, 06:04 AM
Despite the overblown criticisms, and Uber-Purist rantings of the comic book super-geek fanboys;
IMO the movies "Dare Devil" and "Elektra" were pretty good. Not "great" and not perfect mirror of the comic book source material. As loose adaptions I thought they were entertaining to watch.

For really "dark" kind of supernatural "super hero" watch "The Crow" now that's an awesome movie IMO.

kevlar_pso
Mar 3, 2007, 06:12 AM
You might as well have named me. l0l I have both the theatrical release and the Director's Cut of Daredevil. DC owns the TR by a long shot. Electra was ok, but there was not much about it that said Marvel. You could have named the character Oogumba Martial Arts Maiden after all. I put the Spider-Man and X-Men plots/themes over DD and Electra for obvious reasons. They are just plain wrote better. I saw DD in the theatre and thought it was ok. It was a "beginnings movie" after all.