PDA

View Full Version : Pah! Being a noob Newman Fortecher is not easy... potenitial

Turbobrain
Mar 2, 2007, 11:04 AM
I have been playing PSO for years. When I started playing that, it was mind blowing. Whatever I thought I learned there was just more. Only after4 years of play can I say I am fairly much a guru on anything PSO. That was good.

People asked questions that to me at the time seemed stupid.... the clasic one some person was moaning they were always just finding the same rares solo, addslots ond so on. WHY? they said they had 4 characters at lvl 50+. I thought it was odd to. It was only like the 4th time when I noticed they were playing a different class under the same name. I asked why use the same name.... she said she liked the name.... so used it on all her characters... then ensued a long tutorial on what yellowbozes, purplenums, pinkalls et all were and actually how that efffected things! I shit you not on this. Otherwise she was a smart player and cool person.

I just point that out as example of how easy it is to wate a lot of time if you don't know cerain things about the game.

Same as me on PSU.

I am currently lvl. 38 Newman/Lvl. 1 Fortecher. First thing I learnt was it takes MUCH longer to level up your fortecher expert class thing(name?) than your stand force class.

Is it worth it?

I have lost a whole load of HP, ATP, TP and DFP+++!. As well as the ability to use my good armour. I know I am comparing a Force lvl 10 class to a Fortetecher class 1.

I also know I can and am using better rods/wands(I have Mayrods, Lidra and beatgun.... can't even use by bow now!). I now they are better but it does not seem like a great improvement on the field. Then again I am doing harder mssions. Maybe I expected too much.

Thing is it really takes A LOT of mission points to level up expert types. Do you see a sharp increase in stats?

I ask this as at lvl 37, I can do some S rank missions and A ranki missions. Thing is I get slaughtered and am spending a fortune on scape dolls.

Should I go back to force until I level up more or carry on fighting and level up my expert class... that will take a long time.

Is it worth it? Are the level increases good fortetecher wise, I think it must take the same amount of mission points to level up from lelvel 1 to 2 on a expert class as it did for me to level up from 1-4 on the 'standard' class.

Your thoughts, advice would be appreciated.

As would a link to any places showing lvl increase properti9es for expert classes. Particually fortetechers. I have looked myself here and on psupedia.

I don't want to be making any innocent yet stupid mistakes like the played I talked about above!

Itchee
Mar 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
If you like Force-types, then yea, youre doing the right thing. True, it sucks when you go from Force 10 to Fortetecher 1...but once you go back up a few levels, you'll be a spell castin' monster! Plus you'll get to use all the cool A-rank weapons. Homing cards are pretty sweet....

Ronin1of47
Mar 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
personally i waited till lvl 40 to go fortetecher just because of the low hp makes things very hard. try some bruce missions you get some good mission points for it, well not really great for advanced classes but still its something, also try getting and leving buffs so you wont get hit as hard and will do more damage (can't even count the times evasion buff has saved me) also if you have an armor Pm make elemental Ageha-Senbas 24% ice will save ur ass on nudaiz and they are fairly cheap (as far as armor is concerned. well thats all i have for you hope it helps

Edit: just because you a force and can use resta dont be affraid of mates sometimes its faster to pop off a dimate from ur palette than to switch to another Rod/Wand to heal

and what system are you on if your 360 i can roll with ya to help u along if u'd like look me up
GT: Ronin1of47

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-02 08:50 ]</font>

Turbobrain
Mar 2, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-03-02 08:11, Ronin1of47 wrote:
personally i waited till lvl 40 to go fortetecher just because of the low hp makes things very hard. try some bruce missions you get some good mission points for it, well not really great for advanced classes but still its something, also try getting and leving buffs so you wont get hit as hard and will do more damage (can even count the times evasion buff has saved me) also if you have an armor Pm make elemental Ageha-Senbas 24% ice will save ur ass on nudaiz and they are fairly cheap (as far as armor is concerned. well thats all i have for you hope it helps

Edit: just because you a force and can use resta dont be affraid of mates sometimes its faster to pop off a dimate from ur palette than to switch to another Rod/Wand to heal

and what system are you on if your 360 i can roll with ya to help u along if u'd like look me up
GT: Ronin1of47

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-02 08:15 ]</font>

I'm on PS2/PC.

Thats great advice with the mates. I do use them and run out of dimates quite often... I'm getting my butt kicked while everyone else is ok so I just heal me... and withy the lag it takes forever to switch wepeans anywayz.

I was just wondering about your comment on PM's. I have only had a lvl 10 PM for a few days. A GH440, lvl 2(I'm saying that likeI sound like I know what I'm talking about!#0.

All I know is I take out my PM on missions and get gains experience and it does get better. Even though it uses guns, it HAS used resta, though it never seems to do it when I neeed it.

Otherwise it uses guns.

I know there are things you can do to give your PM weps, spells. The fragments, then exhange for a dsk that can be used on a mag to learn new sjills. Though I'm a bit far away from the S rank missions required to earn frags.... well... to comlplete them with S rank in order to earn the fragment....

Again, I have searched for info on what to do with your PM. I have it pretty tied up synthsis wise but when it comes to it learning things techs or acquiring better weapons.... or even laerning better AI(or PLEAse GETting it to SHUT UP once in a while) I am in the dark.

Any links or explanations ould be great.

Thats just one of the things that makes this game so attractive, learing and dicorving.... I feel just like I did when I started PSO all those years back!

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 11:28 AM
I would suggest that you do level your character up more before the switch. I remember being VERY distraught at how much I was dying when I first switched to Fortetecher, and I was at level 50! You may have to adjust your playstyle a bit. The very first thing I purchased after the switch was new armor. It really helped out with the dying thing. Also, you're going to have to stay in the back, away from the creatures more. Soloing won't really be a good option until you hit FT level 6 or so. GET YOUR TECHS OVER 21!! This will help you greatly as the faster you kill stuff, the less chance that stuff will have to hit you.

Turbobrain
Mar 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-03-02 08:28, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would suggest that you do level your character up more before the switch. I remember being VERY distraught at how much I was dying when I first switched to Fortetecher, and I was at level 50! You may have to adjust your playstyle a bit. The very first thing I purchased after the switch was new armor. It really helped out with the dying thing. Also, you're going to have to stay in the back, away from the creatures more. Soloing won't really be a good option until you hit FT level 6 or so. GET YOUR TECHS OVER 21!! This will help you greatly as the faster you kill stuff, the less chance that stuff will have to hit you.

I'm half way to level 2. I can hadle it becuase scape dolls exist otherwise I'd prob not see another S Rank again on A missions or S's....

I'm just wondering if the level up is as ignificant as the mission points you put into getting there.

When leveling up techs, I followed the herd I lvl'd up digas(lvl. 18 gigiga, lvl 12 radiga, lvl.14 Gidiga). Followed by ice techs(I like em for some reason. My Resta, Shifta, Deband are all over lvl 11, retier 9....).

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 11:42 AM
You will get a lot more evasion and TP as you level up. I would suggest working on your evasion stat. It really is a godsend for a FT.

Ronin1of47
Mar 2, 2007, 11:49 AM
you have 4 character slots on your account, what i did was make 3 diff pure pms, Strike, Tech, and Armor (armor not complete yet) so just make an alt character and feed the Pm armor stuff (recreating cast caracter for cast parts is free and sort of effective). the base rate for Ageha- senba board is 52% so you wont need to level you Pm to much to sucessfully make the armor

Turbobrain
Mar 2, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-03-02 08:42, JAFO22000 wrote:
You will get a lot more evasion and TP as you level up. I would suggest working on your evasion stat. It really is a godsend for a FT.

How do I concentrate on a indvidual stat. I PSO you could fet evasion materials, defense materials, mind materials and so on.

I thought that the foods in PSU achieveed the same thing but am led to believe they do not do anythng special yet. Except for the foods required for synthing.

Sorry to sound so nobish:)

(another thing... on PSO every second word was LOL, even on XO when we had voice chat.... now for us PC/PS2 users whom have only tet speak.... you never hear it as much... which is good--- (sorry it's Friday hee in UK and it's surbabian law we drink copous amounts of strong German lager!)).

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
To concentrate on EVP, I would suggest shopping around for armors. Find one that gives you a lot of EVP. You may also want to look for Tero/Legs (We found mine on Dimma S, but I've heard it drops on Dimma A as well). With my Tero/Legs and Sori-Senba, I evade a lot of hits.

Ronin1of47
Mar 2, 2007, 12:06 PM
[/quote]

How do I concentrate on a indvidual stat. I PSO you could fet evasion materials, defense materials, mind materials and so on.

[/quote]
there isnt any Evp materials like in PSO so ur best bet is better armor,Slot units, or Zodial at higher levels

imfanboy
Mar 2, 2007, 02:11 PM
You keep asking 'Is it worth it?' as if someone's going to say no.

It IS worth it, hella worth it. I've seen fortetechers at level 70 dealing 1500+ in ONE HIT, non-critical, with their single techs (foie and diga), tearing up enemies with dambarta for 750 a hit, and much more.

A fortetecher in this game can be a damage machine WHILE supporting everyone around them.

Oh, you'll never be a paragon of hitpoints - you'll only break 1k hp as a newman around like level 65/Fortetecher 10 or so - but hell, you've got to pay for the power you gained in SOME way.

Plus, Technics at 21+ are a whole different world. The gi-spells have radii of half a room, the dam spells practically reach in a 180 degree arc, and you'll get access to SE4 burn from foie.

The S-rank missions you can do on a team are Mizuraki Defense S, Forested Islands S, and Unsafe Passage S. Honestly, your best bet at this point in your career is to find good teammates and run around the battlefield tagging enemies for exp with the debuffs and focusing on restaing your buddies - as long as you're sure the enemy is nowhere near you.

Trust me, it's possible to survive - a lot of classes go through that sudden HP drop. Protranser, Guntecher, Fortetecher...

One solid bet is to raise your Dambarta up high. It flinches a lot of enemies back and that means you don't have to worry about being hurt... as much.

Another thing you can do is wear element armors. I wear them constantly, and while I still get hurt, I very VERY rarely get one-hitted.

Elemental % on armor reduces damage a LOT. For example, against a level 60 worm on Neudaiz (can't remember the name offhand) wearing no fire resist at all means my poor fortetecher took something close to 200 damage a hit - not very fun! But wearing 38% fire resist meant she only takes 50. Now THAT'S survivable.

HOWEVER, it means you take MORE damage from enemies of the opposite element. That means in areas like Mizuraki Defense S you've got to be quick swapping between fire and ice armors, and good at dodging until the swap is done.

But later on, like at around level 53-55, if you have a decent % (not AMAZING, just around 20-28%) you will just be able to ignore megid on the Linear Line entirely! That will become your solo dream - you can just waltz through there again and again for exp and good rares.

Right now your dfp is too probably low to wear anything but the gi-senba; however, you can either buy some of the C-ranks or (and this is what I did) just synthed ageha-senbas. Even on a non-armor PM, they've got a 53% chance of succeeding, and they only have a dfp req of 20. If you have a 440, that means that you've got SOME armor stat on there. Ageha-senbas are also cheap to make.

But sheesh, don't be a sucker. They're called advanced classes because in some ways, they're harder to get the most out of than forces or hunters or rangers. But they can rise to shine far above those lousy starter classes.

Turbobrain
Mar 2, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:11, imfanboy wrote:
You keep asking 'Is it worth it?' as if someone's going to say no.

It IS worth it, hella worth it. I've seen fortetechers at level 70 dealing 1500+ in ONE HIT, non-critical, with their single techs (foie and diga), tearing up enemies with dambarta for 750 a hit, and much more.

A fortetecher in this game can be a damage machine WHILE supporting everyone around them.

Oh, you'll never be a paragon of hitpoints - you'll only break 1k hp as a newman around like level 65/Fortetecher 10 or so - but hell, you've got to pay for the power you gained in SOME way.

Plus, Technics at 21+ are a whole different world. The gi-spells have radii of half a room, the dam spells practically reach in a 180 degree arc, and you'll get access to SE4 burn from foie.

The S-rank missions you can do on a team are Mizuraki Defense S, Forested Islands S, and Unsafe Passage S. Honestly, your best bet at this point in your career is to find good teammates and run around the battlefield tagging enemies for exp with the debuffs and focusing on restaing your buddies - as long as you're sure the enemy is nowhere near you.

Trust me, it's possible to survive - a lot of classes go through that sudden HP drop. Protranser, Guntecher, Fortetecher...

One solid bet is to raise your Dambarta up high. It flinches a lot of enemies back and that means you don't have to worry about being hurt... as much.

Another thing you can do is wear element armors. I wear them constantly, and while I still get hurt, I very VERY rarely get one-hitted.

Elemental % on armor reduces damage a LOT. For example, against a level 60 worm on Neudaiz (can't remember the name offhand) wearing no fire resist at all means my poor fortetecher took something close to 200 damage a hit - not very fun! But wearing 38% fire resist meant she only takes 50. Now THAT'S survivable.

HOWEVER, it means you take MORE damage from enemies of the opposite element. That means in areas like Mizuraki Defense S you've got to be quick swapping between fire and ice armors, and good at dodging until the swap is done.

But later on, like at around level 53-55, if you have a decent % (not AMAZING, just around 20-28%) you will just be able to ignore megid on the Linear Line entirely! That will become your solo dream - you can just waltz through there again and again for exp and good rares.

Right now your dfp is too probably low to wear anything but the gi-senba; however, you can either buy some of the C-ranks or (and this is what I did) just synthed ageha-senbas. Even on a non-armor PM, they've got a 53% chance of succeeding, and they only have a dfp req of 20. If you have a 440, that means that you've got SOME armor stat on there. Ageha-senbas are also cheap to make.

But sheesh, don't be a sucker. They're called advanced classes because in some ways, they're harder to get the most out of than forces or hunters or rangers. But they can rise to shine far above those lousy starter classes.

Thanks.