PDA

View Full Version : What's that site called....?

aquafire
Mar 2, 2007, 10:31 PM
The site advertised on tv about being able to download old SNES and other old system games? I keep wanting to say gamefly.com but that's for buying or renting games. I also want to say gamezap but I don't think that's correct either. Can anyone help?

BTW My bday's almost here. Should I get a ps3 or a xbox 360, why or why not? I don't care about eachother's price too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 2, 2007, 10:33 PM
Gametap was it, you were close with gamezap.

The only thing on there looking enticing to me is the SFA3 with online play, which I can do by other means anyway.

Something like $15/month is the fee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-03-02 19:34 ]</font>

aquafire
Mar 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
That's the one, thanks! Now that that's out of the way, I need to decide what system I'm gonna get....

DizzyDi
Mar 2, 2007, 10:45 PM
Dreamcast.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 2, 2007, 10:49 PM
Sorry, missed the system part.

You might have to wait a bit for anything major to come out for the PS3 while the 360 may have stuff you're interested in now.

If you're really interested in games the PS3 has right now but the Xbox360 doesn't, then pick that one up, or vice versa.

This is sort of a slower time of the year for new releases especially for a newly launched system such as the PS3.

I'd recommend the 360 due to it having a much larger game library right now- thus more chances for you to find games you'd like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-03-02 19:50 ]</font>

Skett
Mar 2, 2007, 11:15 PM
360 has the best amount of good software available now, but it's mean nothing if you don't get a console with the games you want. Go to Wiki or someplace and scan through what kinds of games are announced. Whatever one has the most games that tickle your fancy (I never get to use that phrase enough) is the one you should go for.

Personally, though, I'd say 360.

aquafire
Mar 2, 2007, 11:32 PM
I want a ps3 but the only problem is that their online store sux, a download takes 3 hours (I know because my bro has one) even though it's just a demo. Also, in order to download those games they offer in the playstation store for psp, you have to buy a memory card that costs $50+ in order to store it on the psp. Not to mention the download cost and time. Xbox 360 is no ray of sunshine either. I hear it's got an overheating problem, and on top of that they're going to make a new Xbox360 model (like ps2 did) that's better than the current one so buying it now wouldn't be good, might as well wait for the new model to come out.

Kent
Mar 3, 2007, 02:33 AM
The "new model of 360" rumor was never confirmed to be true (different parts have been used in more recently-made SKUs, though, which make it operate more silently and such), and the system doesn't have overheating problems - people just give it ventilation problems by not placing the system in a well-ventilated area, thus causing it to overheat.

A vast majority of the problems with the 360, have come down to the stupidity of users who don't want to admit it. Overheating, frying their power bricks, scratching discs, etc. On the other hand, I personally have seen three separate PS3s that have failed to function correctly, out of the box (as in, actually defective hardware). :/

Overall, though, I'd have to say the 360 would be a better choice at this point, especially if you plan on playing games online, which is the 360's personal stomping ground. On top of that, you have the Xbox Live Arcade, which has a wide selection of smaller games, as well as access to downloads of demos and additional content for many games... That don't take three hours a pop.

Zelutos
Mar 3, 2007, 04:09 AM
I'm with Kent, here. Xbox 360 :3

btw Kent, why havn't you accepted my friend request on Xbox Live? D;

DLShAdOw
Mar 3, 2007, 02:25 PM
Go for the 360! It has gears and halo 2 if you haven't played that. it has XBL arcade(I just dl all the trials and buy what is good). XBL live is MUCH better then sony's store and the xbox costs less. Live is actually pretty cheap. It's only about 5/month.

Also XB has many good games coming in the future like Too Human, Blue Dragon, Assassins Creed, Fable 2, Oblivion and it's expansion, and of course PSU and it's expansion(not sure actually), Guitar Hero 2, G.R.A.W. 2, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo Wars and HALO 3!!! 83

youthisoverrated
Mar 3, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-03-02 19:31, aquafire wrote:
The site advertised on tv about being able to download old SNES and other old system games? I keep wanting to say gamefly.com but that's for buying or renting games. I also want to say gamezap but I don't think that's correct either. Can anyone help?

BTW My bday's almost here. Should I get a ps3 or a xbox 360, why or why not? I don't care about eachother's price too.

i swear i think it's gametap.com

and the 360 is awesome and has better graphics than the ps3. not to mention xbox live is awesome in itself =)

Kent
Mar 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-03-03 01:09, Zelutos wrote:

...*scratches head* Do I know you? >_>

I get a lot of just random friend invites, from people that I possibly know, but don't know the gamertag of, or people who just don't bother to say anything to me... Or people I don't know. I'm popular. :/

kevlar_pso
Mar 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
Sure you can play old SNES games, but not Nintendo's 1st party games. You would need a Wii for that. Plus if you use the Wii's Virtual Console you can play from the Genesis, Turbo-Grafix 16 and if I remember correctly Neo Geo's library's. There is no monthly fee for this you just buy the game off the VC line up and it's yours forever. You should get a Wii instead of a PS3 or a 360.

If you have to go next gen (I have an HDTV so I will get a next gen system soon) I would say 360. If you play games online you will want Xbox Live. Sony's online service is getting torn to shreds in the media. If you pick up the latest EGM the cover story is all about the PS3 and the negative perception it is getting from gamers, the video game press and the mainstream media. It is pretty informative. You can read excerpts of these articles from 213.1up.com. I think that is correct. Anyways, if you go to 1up.com you should be able to find the info there.

Zelutos
Mar 3, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-03-03 14:38, Kent wrote:

On 2007-03-03 01:09, Zelutos wrote:

...*scratches head* Do I know you? >_>

I get a lot of just random friend invites, from people that I possibly know, but don't know the gamertag of, or people who just don't bother to say anything to me... Or people I don't know. I'm popular. :/

I'm me! Your bestestist PSO-W friend :3

Firocket1690
Mar 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
personally, I'm stuck between a 360 and ps2 myself. And ignore the fact that I can probably get both.

Meh, on topic. I'd go join gametap for the sole purpose of the Sam and Max episodes. Yeah, they redid the series from the 90s. It was awesome then, and it's probably awesome now.

aquafire
Mar 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
I've only got three days to decide....and I'm still not sure yet. Doesn't the 360 have problems with playing some xbox games? BTW I'm a RPG FAN, and owned a xbox....traded it because after fable and Morrowind I got tired of the bad rpgs. Hmmm, I'd FINALLY be able to play online on psu if I get a 360...plus live arcade is excellent, but the ps3 (to me) has better potential for rpgs and it's getting an improved Oblivion soon, PLUS maybe even the expansion pack later...so many pros and cons...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aquafire on 2007-03-05 10:14 ]</font>

aquafire
Mar 6, 2007, 01:03 PM
Meh, I'm gonna get the ps3. I just wanted the 360 to go online on PSU. Now that I think about it, why buy a system (360) for PSU when in about 5 or so years the online servers may shut down, PLUS the fact that offline and online characters are different so once the servers are down you lose all that work....(sorry if this offends anyone)