PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so found out today.

Octavian
Mar 3, 2007, 05:10 PM
Just heard the news today (yeah, I'm behind, and haven't played in years) about the servers for PSO GC shutting down. So I was wondering a few things;

Firstly, noone ever found out how to unseal the J sword? Or how to get the gene-flow? ;x I find it hard to believe that it's actually Game Over without questions like these being answered.

EDIT: Don't ask about private servers here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-03-04 09:12 ]</font>

Mewone
Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
J-Sword can be unsealed. Kill things with it. A lot of things. PGF was "activated" on a certain private server. The server itself cannot be talked about here, because PSO-World has a stubborn mentality in defending and staying loyal to those buffoons at ST, even if it means killing the only means to keep this game alive. Search around on Google.

EDIT: Removed reference to a private server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-03-03 17:08 ]</font>

EDIT2: Apparently it's not allowed to say that someone AIM'd me on these boards, because it hurts the moderators' egos? Curious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewone on 2007-03-03 18:58 ]</font>

Xeno-Windgust
Mar 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-03-03 14:17, Mewone wrote:
J-Sword can be unsealed. Kill things with it. A lot of things. PGF was "activated" on a certain private server. The server itself cannot be talked about here, because PSO-World has a stubborn mentality in defending and staying loyal to those buffoons at ST, even if it means killing the only means to keep this game alive. Search around on Google.

ROFL! Nice!

Sealed J-Sword can be unsealed with 23 000 enemy kills, as it can be seen here (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=193)

Edit: Removed reference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xeno-Windgust on 2007-03-03 16:58 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Mar 4, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-03-03 14:17, Mewone wrote:
EDIT2: Apparently it's not allowed to say that someone AIM'd me on these boards, because it hurts the moderators' egos? Curious.

Sometimes its best that you swallow your pride and not test the mods' patience.

On Topic: The J-Sword mystery has been solved for quite a while. 23,000 kills was the lucky number all along, some uber legits just didn't want to beleive it til it was confirmed by very trustworthy sources.

Mewone
Mar 4, 2007, 12:43 AM
On 2007-03-03 21:00, PhotonDrop wrote: Sometimes its best that you swallow your pride and not test the mods' patience.

On Topic: The J-Sword mystery has been solved for quite a while. 23,000 kills was the lucky number all along, some uber legits just didn't want to beleive it til it was confirmed by very trustworthy sources.

That they are willing to be childish isn't my concern. I feel no regret in being "punished" due to such reasoning. I find it funny.

The kill counter is supposedly in a random range, and isn't always set at 23,000 kills. It could be much higher, but it varies by sword, I believe.

PhotonDrop
Mar 4, 2007, 01:21 AM
Nah, the number is definately 23,000. If it was random people would still be working on unsealing it, yet many people have done it at that number. If it was random as you say, it's one hell of a coincidence.

Mewone
Mar 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
Well it's it supposedly a number between around 23,000 and 36,000. I don't think I've heard of anywhere up in the 40,000s yet. It could just be that the number 23k was based off of the original unsealing; it may also simply be the most common number. I've never unsealed one myself, so I've never really concerned myself with it.

metatime
Mar 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
The reason why some people get between 23k - 36k was that the sjs only detects 1 kill per swing. So if you swing and kill 5 enemies at once, that only adds one to the counter.

Most of the well known documented sjs counts where done in MA normal so it could easily be counted and they probably killed a lot in one swing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-03-04 13:10 ]</font>

Mewone
Mar 4, 2007, 06:51 PM
May I ask where you found this information?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mewone on 2007-03-05 08:53 ]</font>

metatime
Mar 5, 2007, 03:55 PM
I think either soulja one of the hackers put up a great post about the sjs like a year ago. It is on the message board on the other server. I tried to find it so I can copy it but it is in so deep with the other old posts now. I wish the search function is fixed =( If I find it I'll let you know. =P

Edit: ok I found the post... =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-03-05 13:17 ]</font>