PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller

RedBoxHunter
Mar 4, 2007, 02:06 AM
Hello PSO World! I am not a 360 owner, but I do have some questions about the controller since I've been thinking of buying one for PC games.

Does the wired 360 controller plug into USB ports normally or do I need an adapter?

I have heard the 360 controlled is good for playing PSU on PC, but are they compatible with a lot of other PC games that offer gamepad options? What about other 360 ports like Oblivion?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Kent
Mar 4, 2007, 02:30 AM
The Xbox 360 wired controller plugs directly into a USB port. There is, however, an adapter available to which the wireless controllers can connect.

The default drivers, while very good and responsive on their own, see the two analog triggers as a single analog axis, which poses problems for pretty much any game with gamepad support - especially the poorly-programmed ones like PSU, which don't allow you to bind actions to an axis.

There are third-party drivers (XBCD, Google is your friend) which change them to act as digital buttons, however, and I can really recommend using it like that with PSU.