PDA

View Full Version : whats your 5 most hated enemies in pso?

Blue-Hawk
Dec 4, 2002, 11:30 PM
mine are as follows-
5- garanze/baranze
4- gibbles
3- delbitors
2- all sinows
and my #1 hated enemy is the delsaber.
i have always hated delsabers. ever since i saw my very first one back on v1.

Kasera
Dec 4, 2002, 11:35 PM
Claws
Delbiters
Canadines
Monests
Dark Gunners

All can go to hell and burn for eternity.

Foggy_Pete
Dec 4, 2002, 11:50 PM
5:delsabers
4:monests and mothmants
3:sino golds
2:slimes
1:death/dark gunners
oh the gunners...the only consolation for there existance is that you can eventualy kill them

IceBurner
Dec 5, 2002, 01:20 AM
1: Evil/Pal/Guil Sharks
They stink up the caves with their odor of foul cheese. Their speed just becomes absurd, never seem to stun unless you're strong enough to kill them outright, like to mob you, and they never give you anything worthwhile, even exp. I can tell you what De Rol Le is injecting the native Ragol life forms with: steroids, speed, and crack; Dr. Osto is apparently a dealer looking for a new market.

2: So/La/Dimenian
Evil Sharks^2

3: Mothmants/Mothverts
In the infamous words of Kefka: "I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE you!", "you" in this case being mosquitos. Now take some giant mosquitos, give them annoying, aggressive attack patterns, and ramp up their damage so thay they hit more and more like a bus. Where's the "OFF!"?

4: Poison/Ob Lilies
Poison Lily, though largely harmless to androids, still finds it hilarious when its spit connects. Okay, hah hah, die now. Now let's play Ultimate. I'm not laughing, I'm tearing out developers' organs. Ob Lily is the GM who has it in for you.

5: Dark Falz (Hard - Ultimate)
The problems I have with Dark Falz I also have with some (not all) of the other bosses, but Falz is the extreme example.

For some reason, Sonic Team decided to make android HUnters just about useless during many boss fights. Strength is worthless if you cannot target your opponent much of the time. HP regeneration is useless because you cannot afford to stand around. Traps are useless because they're disabled.

Gee what does that leave, buffed defense? Bosses have this frustrating tendancy to fly/slurch/whatever ino a position where HUcasts and HUcaseals get to park their duff and wait out 75% of a boss fight for the opportunity to attack. With all the punishment you get to take while counting your freckles, you sure as sunshine are gonna need that DFP! Wait, a moment, don't most bosses blitz you with elementals? Looks like you'll be needing all that HP you can't adequately refill on your own.

Dark Falz' third form is the absolute worst about this. Very rarely presenting any opportunity for a melee attack, it flits about from the extreme of pistol range to a position above everyone's heads where no HUcast or HUcaseal can hope to hit it. All the while, it has physical invulnerability flipping on and off like a turn signal, it's bombarding you with unavoidable Grants, plus it tosses in a Megid every attack cycle for good measure.

Androids have built in trap vision, why not take it to the implied next step and add a built-in Scape Doll? Sheesh.

jello44
Dec 5, 2002, 02:14 AM
In no particular order..

Monests/mothvert (I forget the ult name for these things, I just call them "the giant nutsack"
Savage Wolf/Barbarous wolf/Gulgus/gulgus-gue.
Canadine/Canabins
delsabers
Claws

yeah that about sums it up.

Rhete
Dec 5, 2002, 02:28 AM
5. Deldepth
-Because you have to wait, hit them, wait, hit them again, wait... Kinda like a slime with Megid

4. Gran Sorceror
-Because their Megid is so hard to dodge, and their magic resist is high they take a while to kill

3. Indi Belra
-If they are able to knock you over, you'll pretty much be on the ground the entire fight. Especially nasty for their 1 hit kill criticals

2. Dark Gunner
-Cheapness through invincibility. Waiting and running around chasing them makes for a very annoying enemy

1. Pan Arms
-Because they never drop their arms. I HATE THEM

RuneLateralus
Dec 5, 2002, 03:41 AM
5. Pan Arms

I need Pan Arm blades...NOW!!! Why will you not drop them!!!

4. Delsabers

Always a pain to deal with...ugh...

3. Garanz

I never had great luck with these machines...

2. Savage Wolf

Pain in Episode II, plus than can be hard to target at times that annoys me. Though they are easy...

1. Gol Dragon

I fought this boss...and I never got so fustrated during a boss battle in my entire playing of PSO. I hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated hated fighting this thing. A real pain to kill...and its spinning attack is extremely hard to avoid. And it gets more fun when a second one appears with this one at the same time in the middle of the battle...

neko-chan
Dec 5, 2002, 04:36 AM
Any kind of Lilly
Canadines (buzzing bastards)
Gran Sorcerers
Savage and Barbarous Wolves
Dark Gunners >_<;;;

Oh! And DangerousDJ. She always kicked my butt really hard in Battle mode >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-12-05 02:02 ]</font>

Polenicus
Dec 5, 2002, 05:45 AM
5. Ob Lilly
4. Ob Lilly
3. Ob Lilly
2. Ob Lilly

And my number 1 most hated enemy in PSO IS:

1. OB LILLY!!

(Fracking megid-spitting paralyzing annoyances)

Armok
Dec 5, 2002, 06:02 AM
Do a poll

Personally I hate Boomas reason

Day 1 (year 2000 think)
version 1 pso on DC

A level 1 force is Born my first char heres its story

Heads down to Forest 1
Booma 1 kills me
Revived at med centre
Heads down to Forest 1
Booma 1 kills me
Revived at med centre
Heads down to Forest 1
Booma 1 gets killed
Booma 2 kills me (arrg)
Revived at med centre
Heads down to Forest 1
Booma 2 looks confident
Booma 2 eats foie
2 more boomas appear (I panic)
They kill me (u stupid boomas)
Revived at med centre
Heads down to Forest 1
Kills boomas
Next Room
Oh my god a Yellow Gibooma
Its harder arrrg run

And thats y i hate boomas
And also y never play a force first

Blademaster
Dec 5, 2002, 07:13 AM
1. De Rol Le
2. Nano Dragon
3.Grass Assassins (I hate it when they make you stop and then they let the sharks and itself mob you!)
4. Mothmants (They need a life...)
5. Hildebears

chiyosuke
Dec 5, 2002, 07:44 AM
1. Damn mejid throwing lilies!
2. Damn mejid throwing lilies!
3. Damn mejid throwing lilies!
4. Damn mejid throwing lilies!
5. Damn mejid throwing lilies!

I hope my point is clear that I hate those damn mejid throwing lilies!

CajunSamurai
Dec 5, 2002, 10:37 AM
In no particular order:

5. Pan Arms. Barely any EXP for the trouble of doing pathetic damage with his high defense (although Zalure works well), and even less when he splits. One time in C mode, we must've waited about 3 minutes before one of them split, allowing us to kill it and move on. Ugh...

4. Slimes! (Sorry, I can never remember how to spell their real name. Po' Willy is how I pronounce it I think) Another time wasting caves monster, just what that damn level needs. They're bearable most of the time, but in Ultimate where they can take several hits before they die (and will probably split into multiple slimes) it's just a pain.

3. Monest. Another monster that just seems to slow down the pacing, but I can stand them much more than most of the others.

2. Dark/Death Gunners. When they're not flying all over the place and shooting me from all angles of the room, they're practically invincible. Luckily, a FO should make short work of them with grants, and androids ice bombs work nicely to get rid of their invincibility momentarilly.

1. ANY LILY. You know what PSO really needs? A LAWN MOWER WEAPON. It would bring me great pleasure if I could use my Flowen's Mower (1983 Model) +20 and shred those suckers into bite sized chunks, but then of course they'd hit me with their paralysis/poison/DEATH SPELL when I got near enough. At least there's a rare kind that I tend to see often, though. Mil gave me a Sange, I gotta give 'im credit for that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And there's gotta be a few I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that come to mind. Episode 2 monsters don't seem too bad to me, 'cept they some strooong mofos. Maybe those Deldepths will get on my nerves.

EsperFlame
Dec 5, 2002, 10:40 AM
5. Morfos - Morfos make the least hated of the five simple cause my Racaseal always totes around a Hell's Raygun along and I always manage to kill them fast. Annoying none-the-less as their range far exceed's any rifle a Ranger could ever wield.

4. De Ra Lie - This is mostly single player mode as he isa total pain to take on by yourself. Teook me almost 20-30 mins to beat him.

3 The Zoa's - Why you ask? Because as your wandering around in the Seabed Area minding your own business and out of thin air you get smacked down for around half your hp(more if critical). So now after being hit by an invisible enemy you get all paranoid as you walk through the seabed thinking a Zoa is around EVERY corner.

2. Deldepths - Although they very rarely give me any major wounds, if two or three gang up on me, they can get very annoying not to mention they try to freeze you. Overall, they're really only a moderate threat.

1. Delbiter - This monstrosities get my upmost contempt for several reasons. Firest off when they appear they've already hit you once. Second, is the fact you can be all the way across the room and you'll get smacked. Rangers beware, your not always safe. Then there's the fact that unless you usea trap, you can almost never freeze, paralyze, or confuse them at all with a weapon. They have the resistance of an elephant!!

Jae
Dec 5, 2002, 12:49 PM
Olga Flow. I just hate that stupid sword sweep.

Ob Lillies. Ahh yes. Nothing pisses me off more than to have to cast Ryuker every other room so that I don't have to start over in the event of an instant death. I also hate having to run away to the next room just so I can 'antiparalysis' myself. Stupid lillies!

Gilchich. Because I'm not strong enough to knock them down in one combo yet. That and one punch takes off 3/4 of my life.

Dark Gunners. Annoying invincible pieces of... I hate these things! They take forever to kill if you don't use techs.

Crimson Assasin. Because they haven't dropped a Red Partisan for me yet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haven't gotten past Ult Mines yet, but I'm sure I'll have to edit this list once I do.

Alielle
Dec 5, 2002, 03:33 PM
Claws
Dark/Death Gunners
Pofuilly Slimes
Lilies
Canadines

GRAWWWL, HULK SMASH!!

Episode II monsters aren't nearly as bad.

Nintendo
Dec 5, 2002, 04:06 PM
1. Those damn yellow penguins
2. "
3. "
4. "
5. "

(" = ditto)

flux-equals-rad
Dec 5, 2002, 05:17 PM
5)zol gibbon (curse your minty-fresh breath! GAAAA!!)
4)ep2 fire trap
3)ep2 ice trap
2)dubchic (only in c-mode >:P ) damn zombie robot!
1)death/dark gunners

thought id also post for my girlfriend xxx...
numbers 1-5= death gunners/dark gunners!
yeah she curses abit while fightin em..lol..

btw, i must be the only person who doesnt mind fighting ob lillies..get yourselves a delsaber sheild and a resist/devil, megid will never kill you and ult caves will be a breeze. : D

PimpN0iD
Dec 5, 2002, 05:42 PM
5.any ice trap-i just dont like getting frozen
4.all sinows-i just dont like them...
3.Poison/Ob Lilies-need i say anything
2.slimes-take to long to kill
1.delsabers-ive hated them since dreamcast pso

yup thats my five

Rhang
Dec 5, 2002, 10:51 PM
I haven't played all that long, but I dislike chaos bringers, all three types of the dimenions, and del sabers.
I've really had no trouble with garanzes...a tactic I use against them is to run around in circles so their homing missles hit themselves, but I'm sure everyone here already knows that...

FluxGryphon
Dec 5, 2002, 10:54 PM
Delsabers. I hate them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif They are my declared nemesis! Fwa! The Centaurs in the ruins don't bug me, even the Dark Belras don't bug me (in fact, they can be lotsa fun if you run circles around 'em). But those parrying punks and their pack slashing, leaping attacks erk me.

And for some reason in v.2 there are delsaber COUSINS now. If I knew their names, I'd put them here and bark about them with the power of weilding a specific title. Those doggy delsaber hounds in the seabeds, along with their barta-casting cousins in the same place deserve much fist shaking and iresome barks.

Vejita
Dec 5, 2002, 11:06 PM
1)Pan arms...no exp at all, bastards
2)Dark Gunners...they're invincible more than half the time plus the fact that they come in swarms of like 7
3)Ob Lily...megid, enough said
4)Poufily Slimes...invincible, and can only hit once
5)I guess Garanz

ABDUR101
Dec 5, 2002, 11:25 PM
On 2002-12-05 13:06, Nintendo wrote:
1. Those damn yellow penguins
2. "
3. "
4. "
5. "

(" = ditto)

If there were ever something more truthful.. >=

Example (http://www.pso-world.com/votingbooth.php?contest_id=4)

While you wait for one to get back up, another one is pecking at you, or a swarm of go/giga/boomas drop in, or wolves jump in, or a friggen Hildebear crashes next to you, and through it all you're watching the damn rappy because you want to nail the little SOB because you took the time to lay him out and you just know as soon as you turn around too far he's going to make an attempt to run like a little mother fu...err...yeah..Rappies o_0;;

BlackRose
Dec 5, 2002, 11:32 PM
well, back in DC v2, they were...

1) Dark Gunners
2) Hildebears (i'm a ranger, dammit!)
3) Delsabers
4) Ob lilies (duh)
5) Pofuilly slime

I would have put Indi Belra on there, but then I found out that they wouldn't hit me if I stood still... XD

FluxGryphon
Dec 6, 2002, 12:00 AM
On 2002-12-05 20:25, ABDUR101 wrote:
If there were ever something more truthful.. >=

Example (http://www.pso-world.com/votingbooth.php?contest_id=4)

While you wait for one to get back up, another one is pecking at you, or a swarm of go/giga/boomas drop in, or wolves jump in, or a friggen Hildebear crashes next to you, and through it all you're watching the damn rappy because you want to nail the little SOB because you took the time to lay him out and you just know as soon as you turn around too far he's going to make an attempt to run like a little mother fu...err...yeah..Rappies o_0;;

The funniest thing is that this is coming from the guy who's getting voted down to a Rag Rappy in a hypothetical fight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Elusive_Llama
Dec 6, 2002, 12:24 PM
Good tip about the Delsaber Shield and Resist/Devil...I have those items in my bank. Maybe I'll keep 'em just for those lillies.

Am I the only one who actually LIKES fighting Delsabers? I like faking them out with a weak-slightpause-hard-hard combo. They block the weak attack, then my hard-hard hits land and they go flying back. Sometimes if I'm feeling cheeky I go straight up to them and dodge to one side just as they take a swipe, then I let them have it with a hard-hard-hard combo. And it's even more fun if you're fighting 2 or 3 Delsabers at once.

My list (so far):
5. Rappies of all kinds
4. Moths
3. Slimes
2. Lillies
1. Dark Gunners