PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one annoyed bosses are getting harder?

SolomonGrundy
Mar 4, 2007, 03:52 PM
So my main character is level 59, and a a fortefighter. Call me crazy, but I like soloing.

In the first round of balancing, the spear PA, and the twin dagger PA were made weaker (hurting Fortefighter and Figunner).

In the second round of balancing end bosses are being made stronger... This is making soloing nearly impossible?! I can barely handle A rank bosses as it is!

Is anyone one else feeling upset that soling is being pushed out?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-03-04 12:53 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 03:54 PM
No I like the challenge. If it makes soloing harder guess I'll have to go back to trying.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 03:55 PM
I love the challenge, hell I was mad that Dulk Falkis was so easy until I tried it on S Rank...

Freshellent
Mar 4, 2007, 03:57 PM
To be honest,this game was built around the idea of teamwork. I'm sorry that Soloing isn't something as easy as it used to be. But then again,there is offline mode. More items,weapons etc.

I enjoy soloing once and a while,yet I can't see a reason why I would with server populations on 360 being 2 or 3 servers at a time full. So I'm told anyway.

Mayu
Mar 4, 2007, 03:59 PM
I like challenges http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PJ
Mar 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry, the game wasn't made for soloing. Make friends.

Tengoku
Mar 4, 2007, 04:06 PM
The bosses aren't the bosses because they're all nice and hand out cookies when you kick down the door to their room. They're the bosses 'cause they're mean and stuff! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bosses have to be a challenge, or players leave as they get bored with the game. As it is, creating new content for the higher-leveled characters it hard enough as the truly motivated players (unlike me) try to go out and beat it the first day. Rebalancing, such as the PA "nerf", is a side-grade that kinda does somewhat the same thing.

Still, even level 80 characters need a challenge and the trash that is between the players and the uber-hard boss is usually nothing more than a speed-bump, game-play wise. Thus, the bosses have to be hard if you want to take their cookies. I hear the really tough bosses also drop milk with the cookies...

Soukosa
Mar 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
Bosses are getting harder? Where does it state that? All the JP update page says is that they're rebalancing the enemies and boss enemies for lv 20 and over. I figured out what they meant last night, at least part of it. They're adjusting the base stats for enemies for lv 20 and higher. It's not that big of a difference, mainly slightly less HP in the higher levels and a bit more exp. This is merely an adjustment so they could scale the stats past lv 100 without those becoming too strong.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 05:24 PM
I like the difficulty o.O. Would be awkward to have so much Guardians capable of defeating major bosses so easily. Would be strange as to why they would be called bosses in the first place o.O~

Dre_o
Mar 4, 2007, 06:04 PM
Maybe with a higher difficulty, all the whiny n00bs will leave!!.......fat chance.....unfortunately.

Increasing difficulty is what games tend to do ya know. The last level is (generally) harder than the first. That's the way it goes. Not to mention PSU was designed to be a Team game online. Seriously, get some friends, or gtfo.

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 06:06 PM
Actually I hope they fix that thing the neudaiz boss does when he spins in a circle. It's no fun cheating in a boss fight.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-03-04 15:04, Dre_o wrote:
Increasing difficulty is what games tend to do ya know. The last level is (generally) harder than the first. That's the way it goes. Not to mention PSU was designed to be a Team game online. Seriously, get some friends, or gtfo.

I couldn't have said that any better. >_>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 4, 2007, 06:30 PM
well, I'll agree w/ PJ, get some friggin friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-04 15:32 ]</font>

Randomness
Mar 4, 2007, 07:21 PM
Less HP, more XP?

YAY!

SolomonGrundy
Mar 4, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-03-04 14:22, Sounomi wrote:
Bosses are getting harder? Where does it state that? All the JP update page says is that they're rebalancing the enemies and boss enemies for lv 20 and over. I figured out what they meant last night, at least part of it. They're adjusting the base stats for enemies for lv 20 and higher. It's not that big of a difference, mainly slightly less HP in the higher levels and a bit more exp. This is merely an adjustment so they could scale the stats past lv 100 without those becoming too strong.

I thought that rebalancing meant "getting stronger" as this has already happened over on the JP servers, and folks there seemed to think the bosses were stronger, if I recall correctly.

And for those folks who say the game is supposed to be hard...yeah...that's what S rank, and S2 rank are for. if I want to fool around in lower ranks soloing I should be able to...especially if I FAR out level the monsters (I'm fricking level 59, I should NOT have to struggle with level 35 creatures.)

pokefiend
Mar 4, 2007, 07:59 PM
I hope they make bosses stronger (HP wise at least) and regular monsters weaker (especially the bees and Jabras).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-03-04 17:00 ]</font>

Skuda
Mar 4, 2007, 08:01 PM
magus maggahna should get a nerf, imo ;3

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 08:03 PM
harder bosses??

W0ot!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i luv seening ppl die, including myself, ti adsd coemdy to0 teh gaem!

Sexy_Raine
Mar 4, 2007, 08:17 PM
Heh , hunters can't solo bosses. They're gimped when it comes to certain ones. I dare anyone to bring their lv70 self to fight Magas Meghanna on A, and see what happens.

Nova in a party of 4 today , was wiped out by Magas S. It was horrible.

Most bosses are easy. Me and Jife owned lv90 De Ragnus, just the 2 of us on Dual Sentinal S. Zoulgoug S isn't that hard either.

Only Falkis S and Magas S deserves to be called challenging as they can wpe out parties.