PDA

View Full Version : GC: Basic Strategies

pixelate
Dec 5, 2002, 02:08 AM
I've been online for a few weeks now, and I'm noticing that people either forgot about the basics of each character or don't know about them.

Traps: I've seen lots of androids not using their traps to help out the team. Ice traps are one of the best things droids have going for them, because ice traps freeze 100% of the time. Confuse traps are amazing for tightly packed groups of enemies, because the enemies turn on themselves and smack each other. I use damage traps all the time to tag enemies to get myself experience. And now that traps can be customized onto buttons, they're even more effective than before.

Droids can also see traps. Because you're a Hunter, that doesn't mean you can't carry a Handgun type weapon to take out traps for your team. It's common courtesy.

Support Techniques: Come on Forces, you have high level techs for a reason. I know it's tempting to run in and Rafoie bomb an entire room or be a tank, but don't forget about your team. Money's tight sometimes, and those mates can get expensive for droids, so an occasional Resta wouldn't be so bad. If you see a team member constantly being knocked down, help them out with some Deband to raise their DFP and some Jellen to lower enemy ATP. And if you see a team member doing minimal damage, help out with some Shifta to raise their ATP and some Zalure to lower enemy DFP. These techniques make a world of difference.

Please list any strategies of your own.

WeaponX3523
Dec 5, 2002, 03:21 AM
Money's tight sometimes, and those mates can get expensive for droids, so an occasional Resta wouldn't be so bad.

As tight as money is for droids, it is a lot tighter for forces. Especially early on.

Maelkith
Dec 5, 2002, 06:37 AM
as far as traps go, i use them alot. i dont see alot of droids using them as much as i do. my setup is (hard)(light)(mate) +r(moon)(trap)(mate). ice traps are required online. if you are not using your traps, you suck as a droid.

what is the cost of a high level rafoie compared to shifta. i've never played a force so i don't know.

if shifta is alot more then i can see forces not casting it alot. if its the same, shifta goes alot further adding 100 points damage to every one of my sword strikes for 2-3 minutes. cummulatively thats better than the damage done by one rafoie.

and i would like to say thanks to all the resta machine forces i have played with. the ones i play with alot can count on me to buy trifluids and difluids and take them along with me to resupply them mid area. dont be afraid to ask droids to carry fluids, forces could even carry mates as well.