PDA

View Full Version : The most useless character

MrFortegunner
Mar 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
Many people are posting threads on the best characters and how to utilize them. I, however, am crossing the line and asking which you think will be the most useless.

Jibby
Mar 5, 2007, 08:44 PM
newman fortegunner? or fighgunner?

SolomonGrundy
Mar 5, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-03-05 17:44, Jibby wrote:
newman fortegunner? or fighgunner?

Newmans make ok Figunners...seems a shame to take a class that has so much techniq potential and waste is though

iono
Mar 5, 2007, 09:30 PM
PSU is more about player skill than character stats. The worst character is the one being played by the most incompetent player. Having a bad attitude really makes you a bad character, too.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 5, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-03-05 18:30, iono wrote:
PSU is more about player skill than character stats. The worst character is the one being played by the most incompetent player. Having a bad attitude really makes you a bad character, too.

I'd rather play with a CAST Figunner with a bad attitude than a CAST ForteTecher with one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

AC9breaker
Mar 5, 2007, 10:07 PM
im in ur message boardz, making ur pollz

Rizen
Mar 5, 2007, 10:24 PM
I complete agree that PSU is truely about player skill and competance. Just because you have the "best" set up for a class, doesn't automatically make you better than the "inferior" races.

Im going to tell you this, I have seen better CAST fortetecher than newman fortetecher. Call me crazy for saying this? Go right ahead. I'd much rather have a force who does little damage but actually makes sure the party is supported than a egostatic Newman Foretetecher who thinks that their damage is more important than making sure the party is supported.

Oh, and don't get me started on the "Protransers sucks/useless". I can easily out do Figunners in damage and other "superior" classes AND I can make sure that I don't cause problems to a party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-05 19:30 ]</font>

iono
Mar 5, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-03-05 19:02, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I'd rather play with a CAST Figunner with a bad attitude than a CAST ForteTecher with one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Partying with someone who has a bad attitude is grounds to leave party regardless of class. Or kick them if I'm leader. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

VanHalen
Mar 5, 2007, 10:33 PM
I know you did not just say newman fortefighters are useless.

GreenArcher
Mar 5, 2007, 10:36 PM
Cast Fortetechers aren't bad at all, considering the insane multipliers the job gives, as well as the insane damage that techs do. I may go experiment this sometime within the next week or so..

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 5, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hell, if anything sucks for newman it's RANGER. . . Screw newman GT. Also, Newman Protranser(GOTTJOKESINORITE)?

Rizen
Mar 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
Newman Rangers are actually pretty good. They have the second highest ATA and highest EVP which plays along nicely with Ranger; even more Guntecher.

MrFortegunner
Mar 5, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-03-05 19:24, Rizen wrote:
I complete agree that PSU is truely about player skill and competance. Just because you have the "best" set up for a class, doesn't automatically make you better than the "inferior" races.

Im going to tell you this, I have seen better CAST fortetecher than newman fortetecher. Call me crazy for saying this? Go right ahead. I'd much rather have a force who does little damage but actually makes sure the party is supported than a egostatic Newman Foretetecher who thinks that their damage is more important than making sure the party is supported.

Oh, and don't get me started on the "Protransers sucks/useless". I can easily out do Figunners in damage and other "superior" classes AND I can make sure that I don't cause problems to a party.

Hmmm... never looked at it that way before. I have to say that I agree.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 5, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-03-05 20:00, Rizen wrote:
Newman Rangers are actually pretty good. They have the second highest ATA and highest EVP which plays along nicely with Ranger; even more Guntecher.

Well I have a newman Guntecher and I wanted ranged damage. . . So it's slightly unfair of me to say they make bad rangers in that aspect.

I can say, however, how much BETTER every other race is as a ranger.

Jibby
Mar 6, 2007, 01:19 AM
a cast wartecher, how's that?
newman protranser?

Criss
Mar 6, 2007, 04:36 AM
There wasn't much said about beasts and ranger types, and as true as it is that beasts literally suck in the ATA department, I have to say that they aren't as bad as they seem, at least as a Guntecher. I have a female beast guntecher, and even if I have less accuracy, even if I do miss more often than casts, misses aren't a huge issue, and I have much more raw ATP than, let's say, a newman guntecher. The extra power more than makes up for the lack of accuracy, especially since I can cast Zodial on myself, and it makes low-ATP and multiple-bullet weapons like machinegun, crossbow and cards that much more deadly (multiply this if you're like me and like to abuse opposing elements). And who cares if I have low TP, my 200+ HP resta takes some weight off the techers and saves tons of mates in the end. Guntechers aren't meant to be healers anyways.

Anyways, those were my two mesetas. Sorry if this sounded like a harsh defensive post, I just love my guntecher. ^.^

Edit: Oh, and we get nanoblasts and more HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criss on 2007-03-06 01:39 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Mar 6, 2007, 05:54 AM
On 2007-03-05 19:24, Rizen wrote:

You're not outdamaging Figunner in any real way, lets be fair. They have more than 150 ATP than you, and 40 more accuracy. Don't get me wrong, Pro-Ts have uses, but dishing damage is not thier strong suit - even with the axe.

-_Tao_-
Mar 6, 2007, 09:21 AM
Considering I have a human protranser... and a Cast Fortecher I might be considered a gluten for pain.

Basic stats matter to a certain point....But I cant stress enough, if your gameplay/knowledge sucks.... it doesnt matter
what class you are.

Granted I can teach a 4 y/o to use twin daggers and heal when health gets low and they would be the best fortfighter ever http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just take a moment to think of the amount of skill time and effort that goes into playing a HuPro or FoCast

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 09:31 AM
A noob playing any class/race/sex combo (when I say noob, I don't mean somebody who is new, I mean a fucking moron)

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 6, 2007, 10:22 AM
IMO no class is useless. and what the hell are you doing putting the 3 most POWERFUL classes in this kind of poll? CAST fortetecher? Newman Fortefighter? Those are the most overlypowered and broken classes in this game.

Mio
Mar 6, 2007, 12:18 PM
I know a guy that thinks Newman Fortecher are worthless and attack everyone playing one saying them "you're useless you're this and that" and he plays a Cast Fortecher, proud of his SUVs, not knowing SUVs damage is ATP based

Rizen
Mar 6, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-03-06 02:54, SolomonGrundy wrote:
You're not outdamaging Figunner in any real way, lets be fair. They have more than 150 ATP than you, and 40 more accuracy. Don't get me wrong, Pro-Ts have uses, but dishing damage is not their strong suit - even with the axe.

A good Figunner (which is hard to come by), yes I will admit I can't out damage, but they won't be blowing my Protranser away in damage. Granted that they do have more ATP and ATA, doesn't necessarily mean that they will do more damage.

Oh, and trust me, Protransers can dish out some serious damage if used properly (not saying that its their strong suit), and not just with traps.

Sharkyland
Mar 6, 2007, 02:36 PM
I curious about CAST hp vs BEAST hp, cause I have beast Fortetecher. Kinda crazy that my force 10 gives me 1012 hp, while I only have 744hp right now as a fortetecher 4 (lvl 40).

I've been thinking about a newman protranser. XD

metatime
Mar 6, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-03-06 11:36, Sharkyland wrote:
I curious about CAST hp vs BEAST hp, cause I have beast Fortetecher. Kinda crazy that my force 10 gives me 1012 hp, while I only have 744hp right now as a fortetecher 4 (lvl 40).

I've been thinking about a newman protranser. XD

Anything that is a hune >.> <.< joking lol.

RadiantLegend
Mar 6, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hey look who it is that wont get on PSU!!! >:O yeah you 09!!!

Sharky have a non-newman is quite the shock.

Feelmirath
Mar 6, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 11:52, Ragolismine wrote:
yarly, get wif us D:

metatime
Mar 6, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-03-06 11:52, Ragolismine wrote:

Sharky have a non-newman is quite the shock.

=P Good to see you too Aim XD, lol I will eventually get on PSU... but that would be a surprise when I do, lol. I saw Ifrit on a few weeks ago but didn't see you on. v.v =P

As for Sharky, guess he is trying new things out now =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metatime on 2007-03-06 12:49 ]</font>

Soukosa
Mar 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
This thread is more of a demostration of how closeless alot of people here are for how the game is.

Cast fT - You know, fTs were meant for support, not damage! Though even with cast TP, the damage is decent enough, for when it's needed (no, you're not damage dealers of the party so shut up already) and decent resta.

Beast fG - This one is just yeah... I have a decent leveled beast GT and I do just fine. Just because the race has the lowest ATA doesn't mean they suck with guns. ATA is blown way out proportion and just about any gunner class would have plenty of ATA as beast.

Newman fF - What's wrong with this? 2nd highest ATA in the game so you won't be missing like hell with those axes, allowing you to laugh at those beast fFs that think they're all great and mighty since they're damage is so high but miss non stop. They also have the highest EVP in the game and combined with the Tenora armors they could easily wear due to the class's high DFP, they could be quite a force to reckon with. (If you say EVP sucks then you're a noob, so don't bother saying it.)

Human PT - Okay, this one makes no sense as to how it can suck, unless you're picking on PTs in general. In such a case then you fail at this game and don't need to say anything.

And of course, as it has been stated many times already by those who know how to play, any race can do a good job with any class if the player knows how to play the class. Just because you use the race that's best optimized for the class doesn't mean you're awesome and can't suck.

-_Tao_-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Amen to the post above.

I was starting to doubt myself for a while as a human protranser. THe problem was I was playing with the same group of uber friends all the time. When I went out on my own and saw what the rest of PSU was like, I felt much better.

Min Max isnt a new concept.... its been around since pen and paper games. If you are a eletist and need a ego boost I sugest you play a game with pvp. your heart will be broken again and again. then you can go kill yourself like people do when they find out they are not the best.

Conection speed also plays alot bigger role in how good you are also. If you play on a ps2 bless your heart.

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 05:14 PM
My newman fortefighter will kick a nanoblasted beast ass! (granted they dont have the defense or invicibilty badge)

Mio
Mar 7, 2007, 03:05 AM
On 2007-03-06 13:28, Sounomi wrote:
This thread is more of a demostration of how closeless alot of people here are for how the game is.

Cast fT - You know, fTs were meant for support, not damage! Though even with cast TP, the damage is decent enough, for when it's needed (no, you're not damage dealers of the party so shut up already) and decent resta.

Beast fG - This one is just yeah... I have a decent leveled beast GT and I do just fine. Just because the race has the lowest ATA doesn't mean they suck with guns. ATA is blown way out proportion and just about any gunner class would have plenty of ATA as beast.

Newman fF - What's wrong with this? 2nd highest ATA in the game so you won't be missing like hell with those axes, allowing you to laugh at those beast fFs that think they're all great and mighty since they're damage is so high but miss non stop. They also have the highest EVP in the game and combined with the Tenora armors they could easily wear due to the class's high DFP, they could be quite a force to reckon with. (If you say EVP sucks then you're a noob, so don't bother saying it.)

Human PT - Okay, this one makes no sense as to how it can suck, unless you're picking on PTs in general. In such a case then you fail at this game and don't need to say anything.

And of course, as it has been stated many times already by those who know how to play, any race can do a good job with any class if the player knows how to play the class. Just because you use the race that's best optimized for the class doesn't mean you're awesome and can't suck.

You're one of the ones that say "Ranger are for support and status effect" i suppose!!

Cast fT, you can play one if you want np. Your HP difference from a newman is very very slight, while your TP is like halved.

We're not playing PSO, Force here dish decent damage, they're not supposed to only heal and Jellen/Zalure.

( Btw i dont play a force )

iono
Mar 7, 2007, 03:18 AM
Yeah but if you wanted to play pure support, a pure support setup of FT blows a pure support GT or WT away. ;o FT has SE 4 level 30 bows, many large AoE SE3 techs, the strongest buffs, strongest heals, strongest debuffs.

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 04:28 AM
newman is the most worthless race in the game statistically id trade some tp anyday for some hp.

Tsavo
Mar 7, 2007, 04:37 AM
On 2007-03-07 01:28, Alisha wrote:
newman is the most worthless race in the game statistically id trade some tp anyday for some hp.

Now thats just mean.

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 04:44 AM
On 2007-03-07 01:37, Tsavo wrote:

Now thats just mean.

sometimes the truth hurts.

Tsavo
Mar 7, 2007, 04:49 AM
Bah. Guess I'll have to continue ignoring reality then.

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 05:22 AM
dont get me wrong i bear no ill will torward newman players i just chose not to use one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-03-07 02:23 ]</font>

Tsavo
Mar 7, 2007, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I got you. To each their own and all that jazz.

Vay
Mar 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
Human Protranser is probably the best race for freakin' Protranser, why is this even in the poll? (Humans have PT as their "favored class", meaning 4% stat bonus or something in that neighborhood... same goes for Beast fF, Cast fG, Newman fT, I believe).

Protransers are far from a liability at a well-leveled class level. Are you aware that at class level 10, they end up with more HP than Guntechers at level 10? Just throwing that out there.

Neith
Mar 7, 2007, 11:11 AM
Beast RA= Twin Handguns and close range Shotgun fire. Game= owned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm personally not keen on Newman HU's, having tried WT with one, hoping for a HUnewearl. What I got was a melee FOnewearl. >_> Switched to Fortegunner and love it.

If you can play PSU, you can play any class. Whether you play it WELL determines whether you're any good with it. A Cast fT can be good, if the player knows what he/she is doing, as can a Beast RA, as can a Newman HU.

Oh, and 09, srsly, get wif PSU D:

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 11:27 AM
Female newman figunner is one of the worst setups. I know two and honestly, they blow. Real bad damage coupled with real bad hp. In one to two hits they're down. The damage from their PA's was lower than a normal attack from a forefighter and a cast figunner.

Beast fortegunenrs are actually pretty good. Your equiptment makes up for the lack of accuracy. It's like being a regualr fortegunner with a solid / power s.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 7, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-03-07 08:27, CyarVictor wrote:
Female newman figunner is one of the worst setups. I know two and honestly, they blow. Real bad damage coupled with real bad hp. In one to two hits they're down. The damage from their PA's was lower than a normal attack from a forefighter and a cast figunner.

Beast fortegunenrs are actually pretty good. Your equiptment makes up for the lack of accuracy. It's like being a regualr fortegunner with a solid / power s.

It's like being a CAST Fortegunner without all that pesky ATA weighing you down.

Faendryl
Mar 7, 2007, 04:06 PM

I make that trade everyday when I cast Resta XD

The last hitpoint is the one that matters the most in the end http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 04:22 PM
Newman fortefighter isn't that bad. In terms of of survivablity a newman is better off playing this than fortetecher. Though that's only in that. You'll have better ATA than beast so you'll hit more and with fast weapons like sabers with gravity strike the creatures will die just as fast. Also I noticed when getting trapped in a Bil de vear tornado you'll survive longer than the other races since you'll get blown away from their punch while the others keep getting pummeled. I can't say much for the other ones since I haven't tried them though but with units you can pretty much get around your weakness.

Randomness
Mar 7, 2007, 04:26 PM
the only skill that helps against De Ragnus S as a level 58 FT is running away. (stepped on once=75% HP loss. Go figure from there.)

Soukosa
Mar 7, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-03-07 00:05, Mio wrote:
You're one of the ones that say "Ranger are for support and status effect" i suppose!!

Cast fT, you can play one if you want np. Your HP difference from a newman is very very slight, while your TP is like halved.

We're not playing PSO, Force here dish decent damage, they're not supposed to only heal and Jellen/Zalure.

Just because you're support doesn't mean you aren't also helping to deal damage. I stated that fTs weren't the main damage dealers that most fT players seem to think they are. Also, why does everyone state that FOs sucked on PSO? In ep 1 they could do deal decent damage, even online. Considering how powerful their spells could be, they had to give the enemies high resistances to balance things out.

On 2007-03-07 08:27, CyarVictor wrote:

Newman FGs have about the same stats of a human FG (actually better in ATA, EVP, and MST). They hardly have crappy HP or ATP. If they're dying easily or doing crappy damage than it's likely that they have bad gear.

Corsesca
Mar 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
Excuse me--but a Beast Wartecher is much worse than any of those.

Reasons:
1) Beast Accuracy is the worst of all the races
2) Wartecher Accuracy is the worst of all the classes
3) Wartechers miss out on lv 21+ PAs
4) Beasts arent much better than a cast is with techs

Only way a Beast Wartecher could survive:
1) Buffs--lots of em
2) Keep a Resta/Reverser stick with a dagger or Saber
3) Nice DFP and high EVP

But you know... I just hate Wartechers. XD
Seems so useless--no 21+ PAs...Only S-rank Daggers and Twin daggers...

But whatever, I'de rather play a fTcast anyday.

Sounomi--As far as PSO goes--My FOnewm could clear a room before my friend's HUmar could even run up to a guy and start doing damage.
The only places a force failed at in PSO was Defense, HP, and One-on-One fights.
Also--remember how Rangers and Hunters had a hard time taking out Dark Falz's Third form while he was invicible? Forces just stood back and pelted Foie at him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif All the classes had their moments. <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corsesca on 2007-03-07 18:53 ]</font>

Alisha
Mar 8, 2007, 03:21 AM
The only places a force failed at in PSO was Defense, HP, and One-on-One fights.

again i point the uneducated masses to fomarl. amazing defence and hp. in challange mode my fomarl took a dark berla arm crit and lived http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

also something else id like to point out. people like to ass u me that beasts make bad rangers. then tell me my dear friends. why are so many guns tenora only huh? as long as gun damage is atp based beast will continue to be competent rangers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-03-08 00:25 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 04:06 AM
2 comments

Corsesca: Wartechers don't have the lowest ATA, that distinction belongs to Fortetechers.

Alisa: No one has been able to prove it, but you can bet there is a reason ATA goes so high. If you truly only needed 278 ATA to get the most out of guns, then CAST Fortegunner ATA seems pointless, right?

Alisha
Mar 8, 2007, 04:11 AM
its not pointless its just overkill

Tsavo
Mar 8, 2007, 05:54 AM
On 2007-03-07 18:49, Corsesca wrote:
Excuse me--but a Beast Wartecher is much worse than any of those.

Reasons:
1) Beast Accuracy is the worst of all the races
2) Wartecher Accuracy is the worst of all the classes
3) Wartechers miss out on lv 21+ PAs
4) Beasts arent much better than a cast is with techs

Only way a Beast Wartecher could survive:
1) Buffs--lots of em
2) Keep a Resta/Reverser stick with a dagger or Saber
3) Nice DFP and high EVP

But you know... I just hate Wartechers. XD
Seems so useless--no 21+ PAs...Only S-rank Daggers and Twin daggers...

But whatever, I'de rather play a fTcast anyday.

Beast WT is far from weak, not only do they sport good DFP and EVP they have the second highest HP total of any class/race combo, ATP of a Human FG, Nanoblast, and level 20 buffs/debuffs. Give em some Resta and a dagger and these guys are pretty much immortal. They are a solid choice, espcially for those who solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsavo on 2007-03-08 02:55 ]</font>

Alisha
Mar 8, 2007, 09:19 AM
On 2007-03-08 01:06, SolomonGrundy wrote:
2 comments

Corsesca: Wartechers don't have the lowest ATA, that distinction belongs to Fortetechers.

Alisa: No one has been able to prove it, but you can bet there is a reason ATA goes so high. If you truly only needed 278 ATA to get the most out of guns, then CAST Fortegunner ATA seems pointless, right?

your own words

As I play as a hunter in the upper levels, I'm finding sword to be a superior weapon. ATA stops beocming an issue around...150 for a character, the only variable is ATP, and the number of hits.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-03-08 06:19, Alisha wrote:

On 2007-03-08 01:06, SolomonGrundy wrote:
2 comments

your own words

As I play as a hunter in the upper levels, I'm finding sword to be a superior weapon. ATA stops beocming an issue around...150 for a character, the only variable is ATP, and the number of hits.

The problem with quoting out of context is that you lose intent. As you did.

For melee chracters, you can take a non photon art swing at an enemy, so your accruracy is not reduced. Also, most melee weapons do not apply status effects...and the point I was making to you, is that there is an unproven relationship between ATA, and applying status.

Soukosa
Mar 8, 2007, 05:31 PM
Go play a beast gunner and then maybe you'll understand why you're so wrong. Once ATA gets to a certain point it doesn't matter much in terms of hitting things. For applying SEs, oh well, not every race is gonna be designed perfectly like that but just because its a support class doesn't mean you just have to sit there SEing everything for the melees. Plus when you take into consideration how much ATA weapons can add, the difference becomes very little.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 06:03 PM

I tell ya it's true.

Newman look good. . . That's all they got. Newman make good forces and that's all they make. No comebacks, it's cold, hard fact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Mar 8, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:03, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

I tell ya it's true.

Newman look good. . . That's all they got. Newman make good forces and that's all they make. No comebacks, it's cold, hard fact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sorry my newman has shown up a couple of beast in the hunter and looks department.(I'm not saying attack power)

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:10, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-03-08 15:03, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

I tell ya it's true.

Sorry my newman has shown up a couple of beast in the hunter and looks department.(I'm not saying attack power)

I'll give you that. Order goes like this:

Fortecher............Fortefighter................. .................................................. ...........everything else.

VanHalen
Mar 8, 2007, 06:15 PM
Ok I'll shake on that.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 8, 2007, 06:30 PM
umm, my newman wartecher totally kicks ass just so you know. I'm sure they can make pretty good Wartechers as well as Fortefighters. Newman + Spear + Buffs + Ability to use offensive magic = awesome. yeah, they're magic isn't as strong as a Fortetecher, but the same can be said of a Fighgunner's melee compared to Fortefighter and Guntecher's ranged compared to Fortegunner.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-03-08 14:31, Sounomi wrote:
Go play a beast gunner and then maybe you'll understand why you're so wrong. Once ATA gets to a certain point it doesn't matter much in terms of hitting things. For applying SEs, oh well, not every race is gonna be designed perfectly like that but just because its a support class doesn't mean you just have to sit there SEing everything for the melees. Plus when you take into consideration how much ATA weapons can add, the difference becomes very little.

That seems to be a common sentiment ("go play as XXX"). I play as a Cast Guntecker, so I have ATA. And I still miss. Perhaps this will change as I level, but I can already equip and use 6* rifles, so I'm not speaking ignorantly.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:30, Shiroryuu wrote:
umm, my newman wartecher totally kicks ass just so you know. I'm sure they can make pretty good Wartechers as well as Fortefighters. Newman + Spear + Buffs + Ability to use offensive magic = awesome. yeah, they're magic isn't as strong as a Fortetecher, but the same can be said of a Fighgunner's melee compared to Fortefighter and Guntecher's ranged compared to Fortegunner.

I'll be nice and agree. Newman can't do anything ranger related, so that's ForteGunner, Guntecher, Protranser, and Fighgunner.

Rizen
Mar 8, 2007, 07:04 PM
He didnt say anything about Newman being bad at ranger.

And why are you so bent on saying Newmans arent good as rangers? Ideally (in terms of the public), their stats make them second best Ranger candidate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-08 16:26 ]</font>

Tsavo
Mar 8, 2007, 07:11 PM
^Aye, took the words right outa my mouth.

Tsavo
Mar 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
*stupid double post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsavo on 2007-03-08 18:01 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-03-08 16:04, Rizen wrote:
He didnt say anything about Newman being bad at ranger.

And why are you so bent on saying Newmans arent good as rangers? Ideally (in terms of the public), their stats make them second best Ranger candidate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-08 16:26 ]</font>

Whatever happened to "stats being unimportant" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But seriously, Newmans aren't that good of a race. They CAN do the other classes, but they really aren't good for it. . .

I'm somewhat bitter from my experience as a newman GT.

VanHalen
Mar 8, 2007, 09:49 PM
^ I understand. I recently switched my human from GT and play around with force and ranger til there are at forte levels. Guntecher isn't a job you sign up for for damage. What I liked about it is its more of a support class kinda like the field doctors in the army. They patch you up so you can continue fighting for a little while longer but you still have to be checked out later. I'm gonna switch my human character back to guntecher again one day cause I had alot of fun with it(espically the cards thats the fun part http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

MrFortegunner
Mar 8, 2007, 09:58 PM
Wow, I come back to this post 3 days later and it's become an all out war of the races and types. I made this thread not wanting everyone to bag on eachother, just to know what kind of character you see as the worst. CHILL PEOPLE!! ALL OF GODZ CHILDEREN WERE CREATED EQUAL!!! WE ARE ENDOWED BY ARE CREATER SOME YADA YADA YADA... BLAH BLAH BLAH...yeah, you get the point

VanHalen
Mar 8, 2007, 10:03 PM
^You kinda knew this topic was gonna make a flame war didn't you? It's as bout as touchy(well not so much as touchy) as saying "which community is better?".

MrFortegunner
Mar 8, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-03-08 19:03, VanHalen wrote:
^You kinda knew this topic was gonna make a flame war didn't you? It's as bout as touchy(well not so much as touchy) as saying "which community is better?".

Yeah, well, I didn't know we would have like a million posts of people hating on each other. SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-03-08 18:49, VanHalen wrote:
^ I understand. I recently switched my human from GT and play around with force and ranger til there are at forte levels. Guntecher isn't a job you sign up for for damage. What I liked about it is its more of a support class kinda like the field doctors in the army. They patch you up so you can continue fighting for a little while longer but you still have to be checked out later. I'm gonna switch my human character back to guntecher again one day cause I had alot of fun with it(espically the cards thats the fun part http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

Pity me, I expected guntecher to be Ramarl or at least Ramar. I got fonewm with gun ._.

Rizen
Mar 8, 2007, 11:06 PM
Stats arent really important (and Im still sticking to it), the reason I said "In terms of the public". So please if you are going to quote me, do it in a more fashionable sense. And why I brought stats into this? Because thats what you are set on thinking about. So if you want to discuss stats, lets. Yes Newmans have low HP, defense, and attack power, but doesnt make them bad Rangers. A good ranger hardly needs to rely on those stats to get by. Ranger's defense is mostly dependant on evasion (although its not the highest evasion of all the classes). You are always at a distance majority of the time, so HP shouldnt be a huge deal until you are in a situation where you forced to take damage (very few out there). And attack power is easily made up for in status effects. High ATA helps you get hits in allowing more chance for SEs to be applied. A good DoT takes off far more than a few extra ATP would ever.

But, something tells me that you either have something against Newmans or you dont like the Ranger role period.

And no this isnt a flame post, Im just trying to discuss and actually try to get a reasonable answer from him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-08 20:10 ]</font>

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-03-08 18:58, MrFortegunner wrote:
Wow, I come back to this post 3 days later and it's become an all out war of the races and types. I made this thread not wanting everyone to bag on eachother, just to know what kind of character you see as the worst.

erm, you didn't think atleast one person would choose that combo? no shit this would cause a flame war, since a person who reads this isn't gunna be like "yeah beast fortgunner sucks soooo much, that's why I play it!" no dude, they're gunna defend their choice.
by the way, for one your human transer thing is just dumb, since they get a boost and their stats are more rounded.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 10, 2007, 01:35 AM
On 2007-03-08 20:06, Rizen wrote:
Stats arent really important (and Im still sticking to it), the reason I said "In terms of the public". So please if you are going to quote me, do it in a more fashionable sense. And why I brought stats into this? Because thats what you are set on thinking about. So if you want to discuss stats, lets. Yes Newmans have low HP, defense, and attack power, but doesnt make them bad Rangers. A good ranger hardly needs to rely on those stats to get by. Ranger's defense is mostly dependant on evasion (although its not the highest evasion of all the classes). You are always at a distance majority of the time, so HP shouldnt be a huge deal until you are in a situation where you forced to take damage (very few out there). And attack power is easily made up for in status effects. High ATA helps you get hits in allowing more chance for SEs to be applied. A good DoT takes off far more than a few extra ATP would ever.

But, something tells me that you either have something against Newmans or you dont like the Ranger role period.

And no this isnt a flame post, Im just trying to discuss and actually try to get a reasonable answer from him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-03-08 20:10 ]</font>

I realize it's not a flame post.

My biggest issues with ranger are these (and I'm comign from a PSO viewpoint).

1: I really can't go up and melee that well. I usually did, but it wasn't effective. My ability TO melee well but still having guns was what attracted me to the PSO ranger. Things are more balanced now. . . ._.

2: I didn't have high level bullets >_>; Plus, I prefer "solid" or, better put, immediate damage.

When I get back, I'll probably make a fighgunner and a protanser so I can get all the fun ranger/melee good stuff. Ranger just isn't what it used to be ;(

VanHalen
Mar 10, 2007, 01:38 AM
I find ranger in both games to be equally as fun. Your damage in this game seems to come more from guns but you could use the saber or dagger for animals that are bullet resistant. Speaking of such monsters which ones are?

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 10, 2007, 01:41 AM
On 2007-03-09 22:38, VanHalen wrote:
I find ranger in both games to be equally as fun. Your damage in this game seems to come more from guns but you could use the saber or dagger for animals that are bullet resistant. Speaking of such monsters which ones are?

Issue: Newman ATP.

VanHalen
Mar 10, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-03-09 22:41, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

Well then make a beast ranger if you want ATP so bad. Anyway you made your newman a guntecher if you read the guntecher guide by Imafanboy it says (don't even try to melee as a guntecher)

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 10, 2007, 01:52 AM
On 2007-03-09 22:47, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-03-09 22:41, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

Well then make a beast ranger if you want ATP so bad. Anyway you made your newman a guntecher if you read the guntecher guide by Imafanboy it says (don't even try to melee as a guntecher)

That's what I want to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My issue is I want to be able to play more like the PSO ranger. . . And GT isn't like it. If anything, Fighgunner or Protranser is more similar to the PSO ranger.

Main point: I'm disappointed with how newman GT turned out. I'll give it to newmans that the race CAN do well, but isn't good as a whole and that GT is a good class, but it's not going to work for me.

VanHalen
Mar 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
Ok well in terms of TP I always saw the guntecher as RAmar and Wartecher as HUmar(most say HUnewarl but I'm speaking for the guys).

Well if you decide to go protranser just remember it's gonna take a long time before you can rise above the rest again. So are you coming back to PSU or you already did?

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 10, 2007, 07:38 AM
for guys you can say HUnewm, although with my Newman Wartecher, I see him more like a FOmar, but I do melee with him more than anything else, while using magic on melee resistant monsters like tengohgs and such. I switched my female newman guntecher to fighgunner because I didn't think the Guntecher class was for me, and I'm considering making her a Fortegunner, just because I wanna try out the Grenade Launchers.

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 07:44 PM
Newman Fortefighters are awesome. Screw ATP, at least we HIT the enemy, silly mocking beast fF's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Beast Fortegunners...ATA is blown way out of proportion on PSU, so they don't suffer too much.

CAST Fortetechers...fail at techs, but at least they can use S-rank bows earlier than all other races. (In fact, it might be impossible for anyone else to equip them due to their incredibly high ATA requirement)

Human Protransers...don't fail as much as Newman Protransers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

No class is TRULY bad in the hands of a master.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 10, 2007, 08:26 PM
Except newman protranser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif