View Full Version : Stats for level 70/10 character thread

SolomonGrundy
Mar 6, 2007, 03:24 AM
THis is the thread to show off...sort of

Post your Class, Race and gender, and what your stats are, if you are 70/10

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ronin1of47
Mar 6, 2007, 04:05 AM
wont every fF male beast at70/10 have the same base stats?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-06 01:05 ]</font>

Blade_1
Mar 6, 2007, 04:09 AM
Forcetecher Newman Female

HP 1058
ATP 271
ATA 151
TP 1191
DFP 67
EVP 523
MST 595
STA 12

SolomonGrundy
Mar 6, 2007, 05:46 AM
On 2007-03-06 01:05, Ronin1of47 wrote:
wont every fF male beast at70/10 have the same base stats?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-06 01:05 ]</font>

yes, but how many people have really gotten there?

Reginaldo
Mar 6, 2007, 06:10 AM
Fighgunner Human Male

HP: 1738
ATP: 623
ATA: 290
TP: 237
DFP: 139
EVP: 209
MST: 70
STA: 12

Mio
Mar 6, 2007, 07:09 AM
Fortegunner Cast Female

HP: 1903
ATP: 607
ATA: 541
TP: 126
DFP: 111
EVP: 262
MST: 46
STA: 15

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-03-06 00:24, SolomonGrundy wrote:
THis is the thread to show off...sort of

Post your Class, Race and gender, and what your stats are, if you are 70/10

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This is probably a dead horse by now, but incidentally, do gender-segregated stats ever get less annoying?

Soukosa
Mar 6, 2007, 04:17 PM
Or you could just use a calculator (http://psu.amesani.org/project/charstat/calc.php) (and help fill in the missing levels, see Rena's thread).

SolomonGrundy
Mar 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
This is probably a dead horse by now, but incidentally, do gender-segregated stats ever get less annoying?

certain things bother me: I don't like how females lose more % wise in HP/ATA/ATP then they gain in TP/MST/DFP/EVP

example: 60/10 female newman Wartecher vs 60/10 male newman wartecher

ATP 401 vs 423 (about 5%)
vs.
TP 715 vs 700 (about 2%)

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:48, SolomonGrundy wrote:

certain things bother me: I don't like how females lose more % wise in HP/ATA/ATP then they gain in TP/MST/DFP/EVP

vs.
TP 715 vs 700 (about 2%)

Ugh, that is annoying. Though I thought it wasn't that boys gain HP/ATA/ATP and girls gain TP/MST/DFP/EVP, but rather, that boys gain HP/ATA/ATP/DFP and girls gain TP/MST/DFP/STA... perhaps I'm wrong.

But in any case, I'm just fed up with having to put up with reduced strength just because I want to play a woman. Sure, women aren't as strong on average, but 1) this doesn't always apply to exceptional women, and player characters are almost always supposed to be exceptional in their game-world, not to mention that stats are rarely "realistic" anyway and 2) seriously, in a game, should I be penalized or rewarded simply on the basis of what gender I want to play?

SolomonGrundy
Mar 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:02, Allison_W wrote:

vs.
TP 715 vs 700 (about 2%)

Ugh, that is annoying. Though I thought it wasn't that boys gain HP/ATA/ATP and girls gain TP/MST/DFP/EVP, but rather, that boys gain HP/ATA/ATP/DFP and girls gain TP/MST/DFP/STA... perhaps I'm wrong.

But in any case, I'm just fed up with having to put up with reduced strength just because I want to play a woman. Sure, women aren't as strong on average, but 1) this doesn't always apply to exceptional women, and player characters are almost always supposed to be exceptional in their game-world, not to mention that stats are rarely "realistic" anyway and 2) seriously, in a game, should I be penalized or rewarded simply on the basis of what gender I want to play?

well, by that argument, you realize you are running missions with exceptional men. I don't mind *some* gender differentiation, but please make it fair.

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:49, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-03-06 16:02, Allison_W wrote:

vs.
TP 715 vs 700 (about 2%)

well, by that argument, you realize you are running missions with exceptional men. I don't mind *some* gender differentiation, but please make it fair.

Point, point. What I should say is that 1) it's overly stereotypical and doesn't apply to everybody, as a general thing (and for those characters a player decides it should apply to, this is probably better left to class choice--i.e., a player who wants a typical "strong guy" can play a male fF and one who wants a typical "staff chick" can play a female fT) and 2) I still don't want to be penalized or rewarded for what gender I play (same examples: someone who wants a female fF shouldn't have to be less strong than male fFs and someone who wants a male fT shouldn't have to do less damage than female fTs).

Hrm, maybe I should make a poll about this.

Mayu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:53 PM
Fortefighter Human Female

HP: 1833
ATP: 640
ATA: 226
TP: 170
DFP: 177
EVP: 117
MST: 75
STA: 12

DurakkenX
Mar 8, 2007, 06:12 AM
>.> Actually atp being higher for men is stupid and is a feminist belief that women are weaker (i wont get into exactly how it is) Its fact that most if not all women have higher strength to weight ratios than men. Women are naturally smaller on average and hence naturally weaker on average, but really they are stronger pound for pound. and HP well that's based on stamina and resistence to pain so technically women should have that higher too... accuracy though i'm not sure about... men are usually better artists because their mapping mind set which may mean they are more accurate but i doubt it...

anyways not a debate for this...just pointing it out since someone brought it up...technically women are faster, smarter, and stronger than men on average rather than the reverse.

Hath_Wrobo
Mar 8, 2007, 05:37 PM
Fortefighter Male Beast

HP: 2376
ATP: 808
ATA: 204
TP: 111
DFP: 186
EVP: 107
MST: 51
STA: 10

SolomonGrundy
Mar 8, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-03-08 03:12, DurakkenX wrote:
>.> Actually atp being higher for men is stupid and is a feminist belief that women are weaker (i wont get into exactly how it is) Its fact that most if not all women have higher strength to weight ratios than men. Women are naturally smaller on average and hence naturally weaker on average, but really they are stronger pound for pound. and HP well that's based on stamina and resistence to pain so technically women should have that higher too... accuracy though i'm not sure about... men are usually better artists because their mapping mind set which may mean they are more accurate but i doubt it...

anyways not a debate for this...just pointing it out since someone brought it up...technically women are faster, smarter, and stronger than men on average rather than the reverse.

Not true in regards to lb. for lb. strength, or speed. There have however been studies that show women with better retention in certain aspects of memory and asociation, and other IQ related tests.

and the word you are seeking is "Misogynist" not feminist, I believe.

Hath_Wrobo
Mar 8, 2007, 07:03 PM
Well, its a known fact that males usually have more upper body strength than females, and in contrast, females usually are more flexible than males. The whole strength comparison is usually true also, as one member said earlier, that the more weight behind a punch or kick, the more damage it will do, and since on average males usually are taller and weigh more than females, it is usually true.

Also, if you want to think about it chemically, males are usually more aggressive than females due to the much larger amount of testosterone secreted. An increase in testosterone can cause more ferocity and aggressiveness, which is why males on average fight more and have shorter tempers than females.

Now, testosterone has an anabolic effect. Anabolic is defined as "building up" (like anabolic steroids) as opposed to catabolic which is "breaking down" Quoted from wikipedia, "Anabolic effects include growth of muscle mass and strength, increased bone density and strength" Now since the amount of testosterone secreted in a male's body is "about twenty to thirty times the amount" than secreted in the female body, it can be assumed that on average, males will have more muscle mass and strength than the female counterpart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2007-03-08 16:07 ]</font>

KuroNetsune
Mar 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
if you want a frail male make him a Fortetecher, if you want a strong female make her a Fortefighter o.o you'll notice a very large % of diference in ATP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

also, units exist to tweak your offensive power (some of us prefer other stats like accuracy <.< )

point being: I don't see how a mere 5% can be a diference, if a male and female fortefighter with the same weapon equiped can still kick much tail and deliver massive amounts of damage, ultimately damage is -never- static in PSU, it always varies by a little, it's not like you can tell the actual diference in the battlefield

SolomonGrundy
Mar 9, 2007, 12:24 PM
On 2007-03-09 08:38, KuroNetsune wrote:
if you want a frail male make him a Fortetecher, if you want a strong female make her a Fortefighter o.o you'll notice a very large % of diference in ATP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

also, units exist to tweak your offensive power (some of us prefer other stats like accuracy <.< )

point being: I don't see how a mere 5% can be a diference, if a male and female fortefighter with the same weapon equiped can still kick much tail and deliver massive amounts of damage, ultimately damage is -never- static in PSU, it always varies by a little, it's not like you can tell the actual diference in the battlefield

In fact because of the stamia difference, and weapon animation differences, you could argue that females are better hunters in PSU.