PDA

View Full Version : Synthing Laser Cannon

Mistle22
Mar 6, 2007, 03:39 AM
I was doing a Holy Grounds S run when I am lucky enough to find a [B] Laser Cannon.
Now, I just made my 430 yesterday, so I haven't synthed any 7*+ weps yet.
I bought all the materials, and started synthing. But to my shock, the success rate is only 55%. Im pretty sure it will fail, im just wondering if there is anything I am missing which will make the percentage go up.

It currently has 3 hours left, so I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Oh, and the Poll is whether you think it will be successful or not.

Ronin1of47
Mar 6, 2007, 04:02 AM
my 450 had a 54% succes on 8* mayrod and poped out two in a row yesterday soi you will at least get 1 out of the board

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-06 01:03 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 04:07 AM
Don't worry too much 55% isn't that bad. my GH-430 made the.....entry level twin claws at that percent.

Carbinne
Mar 6, 2007, 05:10 AM
It will not be successful, because even if you synth it you will then take it into the field and find out that it is crap. So you lose either way!

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 06:00 AM
Hey now, Carbinne, you haven't tried Mayalee Prism if you think Laser Cannons suck. Man oh man, Mayalee Prism may not be a killer weapon, but it is THE BEST team thing you can do, particularly for dangerous and deadly monsters if the hunters are mixing it up with 'em.

Carbinne
Mar 7, 2007, 01:40 AM
Okay, yeah, so I picked up Mayalee Prism and it is quite useful. But not so useful that I would want to level up the elemental prisms any. And it costs 90 PA frags, which is not something that everyone just happens to have lying around... that said, it makes Lasers actually worth having around. But it doesn't change the general idea that if you don't have Mayalee, it sucks!

Mistle22
Mar 7, 2007, 04:08 AM
It worked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And yeah, it's not the greatest weapon ever :/ Nonetheless, still good to have synthed an A rank on my first try.

AC9breaker
Mar 7, 2007, 04:36 AM
Actually, I find the higher level Lasers particularly useful. They're great for dealing with guys like Vandas who tend to group up sometimes. I think you would have been better off hunting the Laser in Lab S. Or even better, going for the Maser Cannon from De-Ragnus S. I think Polvahroes drops it. Forgot how to spell their names.