PDA

View Full Version : How do forces arrange their palette?

Zorafim
Mar 6, 2007, 06:36 PM
I may take up force as a second job after I cap fortefighter. They seem to be severely limited in palette space, though. They need at least one space for healing (since adding a healing spell to your palette gets rid of elemental bonus), one place for an aimable ranged weapon, one space for buffing, and one space for debuffs. That's a total of four spaces, leaving only two for actual spell casting offense. These would probably be filled with a rod to maximize the amount of offense spells carried, and they'd all be of the same element to maximize elemental bonus, leaving only two elements to work with. That seems a bit harsh in my eyes.

Am I missing something, or do forces actually manage to get by with only two weapons?

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 06:39 PM
here is my setup:
1. howrod (buffing stick)
2. howrod (healing, debuffing and attacking stick)
3. howrod (healing, debuffing and attacking stick)
4. bow (virus)
5. rod with card
6. rod with card
and i have 1 extra bow and 6 extra howrods carry with me for long mission.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-03-06 15:41 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 6, 2007, 06:41 PM
We forces also can carry many weapons if we need. Some may just carry fewer weapons upon how they play.

I carry 10 weapons ><
Fire
Lightening
Dark
Earth
Ice
Light
Buff rod
Debuff rod
Crozara wand for Speed casting of resta
and 1 bow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-06 15:46 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
Rod (Damfoie, Megid, Resta, Reverser)
Rod (Dambarta, Zalure, Resta, Reverser)
Rod (Damfoie, Megid, Resta, Reverser)
Rod (Dambarta, Zoldeel, Resta, Reverser)
Rod (Shifta, Deband, Retier, Zodial)
Card + Wand (Megid, Resta)

In reserve: Alteric

That's my current setup.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
Rod (buffs)
Rod (Fire only)
Rod (Ice only)
Rod (Ground only)
Rod (Healing only)
Kikami (random ele, i use all) + Wand (usually dark or electric)

DurakkenX
Mar 6, 2007, 06:47 PM
personally i don't think there is enough usefull spells for a single element to make use of the elemental bonus effectively.

that's my opinion...

rod for buff
rod for debuff
wand with 1spell + resta

that gives 2 elements 2 spells and that all you really need for most areas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-03-06 15:49 ]</font>

ChocoboChad
Mar 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
D: I stick Resta/Reverser on every Rod, except my buff Rod. I carry around 5 Rods and a bow. Slap on a Gizonde or something on a couple... Debuffs on one. Rabarta or something on another.

Iono, why not some Dam- spell. I link my techs when I think I need them.

Foxix
Mar 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
I personally carry more weps that are needed at any given time then modify my pallette as needed.

I carry:
Foie rod (all foie techs)
Zonde rod (all zonde techs)
Barte rod (all barte techs)
Diga rod (all diga techs)
Healing wand (with reverser and resta naturally)
Buff rod
Debuff rod (with all debuffs and resta)
Bow
And about 7 wands at all times, each with various techs attached that I want to level.

So I carry about 15 weapons or so. Which I know sounds confusing but it really isn't all that bad since I adjust to match the situation.

Lets say I want to solo my way to an area or just for fun, I switch out my pallette of rods and equip 7 wands(since they cast faster and I'm less likely to be hit).

Or maybe I want to level a particular tech, I slap a wand to the pallette. Or maybe a boss? I'll take off whatever 2 rods are going to do the least damage and slap on a bow and a wand to match it's weakness(it casts faster so I can do more dmg, and if it flies I can hit him with a bow)

If I'm in a party with some higher levels I'll go all out with 4 attack rods, a buffing rod, and a healing wand. Lets say I'm in a weak party that needs more assistance in lets say, dragon runs. I know that most of the enemies in that area are lightning types so I'll take my zonde rod off and swap it for my debuff rod.

All in all a tad clutered but I'm prepared for every circumstance that I could probably come across.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2007-03-06 16:18 ]</font>

Randomness
Mar 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
Rayharod (buffs)
Alteric or Kikami+Cometara
Granarod
Granarod
Granarod
Granarod

Kaloa
Mar 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
Here's how I usually organize my palette:

Bow (virus or ice - depends)
Rod (buffs)
Rod (Resta + debuffs)
Rod (Two elemental spells - usually the same type - + resta + reverser)
Rod (Two elemental spells - usually the same type - + resta + reverser)
Card/Wand (card element changes depending on enemies, resta + reverser on wand)

I actually carry 7 rods... All linked to the appropriate skills, but I only ever equip two at a time containing elemental attack skills. There aren't many places where I need more than two elements. I can get by just fine with lightning + fire, or earth + ice, etc. I just swap from area to area as need be.

9lotus
Mar 6, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rod (3 attack spells + resta)
Card + Wand (resta, reverser)
Rod (buffs)

Tra
Mar 6, 2007, 08:19 PM
2 howrods, 1 halarod, 3 w'gacros+10s, 6 majimras... I guess an ulteri

15 majimras if I'm doing something serious

MomoHana
Mar 6, 2007, 08:30 PM
Granadoc [Giresta-Resta-Megid-Retier] (Mana Burn Stick)
Howrod [Buffs]
Howrod [Debuffs+Megid]
Howrod [Gidiga-Diga-Megid-Dambarta]
Alteric+10 [Ice Bullets]
Wandoc+10 [Giresta-Resta]
Majimara [Megid-Dammegid]
Wagrcos+10 [MEgid-Dammegid]

I switch out if I'm low on PP :3

Scion
Mar 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
Rod - Healing Rod
Rod - Element #1
Rod - Element #2
Rod - Element #3 or a Bow if I don't need that 3rd element for that area
Rod - Buffing Rod
Rod - Debuffing Rod

When I run out on one, I just use photon charges. I use about 2-3 average per mission (Seed Awakened S takes about 4-6 charges)

Lman90245
Mar 6, 2007, 08:44 PM
I use a cheap rod for buffs because I use them an awfull lot so its cheap to recharge, and I make sure to have resta added on every wand/rod I have (except the buff rod)

Inazuma
Mar 6, 2007, 09:51 PM
6 rods for me.

3 attack rods (different elements)
light rod (resta, regene (reverser), giresta)
buff rod
debuff rod w/ nosuzonde

depending on the mission im doing, i will change my 3 attack rods to the most useful elements for that area.

Ronin1of47
Mar 7, 2007, 04:19 AM
i go with,
Card/wand
Rod(Healing)
Rod( 1 element)
Rod( 1 element)
Bow
Rod(Buffs)
i carry a coulpe extra rods so i can switch them in when the PP gets low and if need be my wand gets resta tagged on to it if need be(ie.bruces or dessert terror S)
i dont have every spell equiped for every run i do just the ones that are most useful, tend not to need Diga in Grove or Dessert Terror but will have lightning rod.
As for Resta on every rod i dont do that because the color of my Rod (color of element)is my way of telling the random parties i join that im not their heal bot. i do heal but im not gonna stand there and only heal, i wanna kill stuff too.

Spellbinder
Mar 7, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-03-06 18:51, Inazuma wrote:
6 rods for me.

3 attack rods (different elements)
light rod (resta, regene (reverser), giresta)
buff rod
debuff rod w/ nosuzonde

depending on the mission im doing, i will change my 3 attack rods to the most useful elements for that area.

What this guy said, except my Debuff rod has Megiverse on it. Rarely need to use photon charges with this setup.

RockiT
Mar 7, 2007, 02:10 PM
My current set up;
1 wand and pistol (resta, reverser)(pistol with highest bullet tech)
3 wands and pistols with what ever tech I am leveling
pistols linked to which ever bullet im leveling
1 Buff rod
1 rod (most powerfull) with best spells on plus resta

All will change though when techs I want are leveled.

Currently though I love the speed of the wands the rod only comes out when facing large creatures and bosses.

Want cards to see what there like, homeing ones please?
Was going to buy bow, but might just wait and see which homing tech is best, currently dont go near flying boss levels alone!

Astarin
Mar 7, 2007, 03:03 PM
Granarod (2 attack techs, Resta, Reverser)
Gun + Majimra (Diga, Radiga)
Granarod (Barta, Dambarta, Zalure, Deband)
Rayharod (Shifta, Deband, Retier, Zodial)
Gun + Crozara (Resta, Reverser)
Mayrod (Gifoie, Foie, Rafoie, Jellen)

That's my standard pallet. I also carry 2 backup Rayharod buffers, an extra Healing Wand, an extra Earth Wand, an extra mixed attack staff, and 2 bows.

The elemental mix may change as the situation dictates, but I find this does me good for 90% of all missions. You'll notice no lightning or dark; these are used so rarely that I only sub them in when needed.

Bows get added when needed (it isn't all that often; certain bosses and tech resistant enemies). The guns will get replaced with Cards, when I'm able to equip them.

All in all, yes, I think the Force pallet is a bit more crowded than some other classes, but it's definately workable. Debuffs, for example, can easily sit on staffs with their like elements.
(Most missions don't really require a lot of debuffing. The one I use the most is Jellen, because it helps keep me alive.)